Texas Instruments

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Texas Instruments in April 2012.

Interview Details – It is basically a phone interview. Through email they set up the interview date. 3 people interviewed me.

Interview Question – It is a position of senior software engineer. They asked me a lot about the algorithms. One of them is binary search. The other more literature one is the difference between heap and stack.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by Texas Instrumets via a Software outsourcing company in México. The outsourcing company reviewed my resume and tested my english skills. Then an engineer of the outsourcing company made some questions about my Linux and programming backgrounds. After that initial screening I was interviewed by the team in Dallas. The questions were regarding how would I start if no documentation was available and nobody knew how they would implement it. So I gave my answer and they were pleased with it.

Interview Question – How would you start debugging a piece of software on the Linux Kernel.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in March 2010.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interview, first round is telephonic, 2nd round is face to face and then HR

Negotiation Details – negotiated for salary

Very Easy Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Texas Instruments in December 2011.

Interview Details – A half hour phone interview asking for what you have done currntly and before. Then ask details for every project you have done, There were about 3, 4 engineers and manager in the interview. Each person got a chance to ask you one or two questions.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!