Texas Instruments Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Texas Instruments in April 2012.

It is basically a phone interview. Through email they set up the interview date. 3 people interviewed me.

Interview Questions
  • It is a position of senior software engineer. They asked me a lot about the algorithms. One of them is binary search. The other more literature one is the difference between heap and stack.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in March 2010.

I was contacted by Texas Instrumets via a Software outsourcing company in México. The outsourcing company reviewed my resume and tested my english skills. Then an engineer of the outsourcing company made some questions about my Linux and programming backgrounds. After that initial screening I was interviewed by the team in Dallas. The questions were regarding how would I start if no documentation was available and nobody knew how they would implement it. So I gave my answer and they were pleased with it.

Interview Questions
    • How would you start debugging a piece of software on the Linux Kernel.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Texas Instruments in August 2010.

I got recruited through Campus placements. Therefore the interviews weren't very tough. I had 1 written round + 2 technical + 1 HR interview.
    The written round had MCQs on common coding errors and practices.
    The coding questions concentrated on very basic algorithms, bit manipulation exercises, and questions involving concepts of pointers and memory.
    The interviewers checked my knowledge in concepts of Data structures, OS, memory and cache. And i was questioned a lot on my past projects.
    The HR interview was as expected, nothing out of the box. Prepare for questions like why do you want to work in TI and where do you expect yourself to see in 5 years!

Interview Questions
    I got recruited through Campus placements, so there were absolutely no negotiations.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in March 2010.

2 rounds of interview, first round is telephonic, 2nd round is face to face and then HR

negotiated for salary

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Texas Instruments in December 2011.

A half hour phone interview asking for what you have done currntly and before. Then ask details for every project you have done, There were about 3, 4 engineers and manager in the interview. Each person got a chance to ask you one or two questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!