Texas Instruments Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

3.1

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through job fair and talked to a university recruiter. University recruiter liked my resume, so she set me up with the first interview. First interview was basically behavioral, like why you want to work here, and etc. second interview is with two senior engineers and is a video conference with a 10 minute presentation about your self. The other minutes are basically technical questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Austin, TX).

Interview

Applied for on-campus interview. Got a phone call later on, then had an on-campus interview. Then had a second round interview that was over the web and focused on us presenting a project we had worked on before. The interviewers were generally nice, and the HR folks are awesome. They are accommodating (within their limit) and really make the process as smooth as possible.

Interview Questions

• What do a section of memory addresses allocated for a struct actually look like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate because it was an intern position.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Santa Barbara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Gave resume at career fair, had on-campus interview the next day. Asked me behavioral questions. Had a webex interview a couple weeks later with two employees and more behavioral questions as well as some questions about C and the stack. Few days later they told me I had an offer, then set me up with a phone call with the guy I'd be working for, doing embedded systems stuff.

Interview Questions

• Did a function call that took two parameters, each parameter was an in-line evaluation. The output shows that the parameters were evaluated in reverse order. Why?   1 Answer

I'm not interested in the low-level hardware-interaction stuff.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through a university careers website and got an on-campus interview. This lasted about a half hour, and it was just a behavioral interview. Later that evening, I heard from HR that the interview had gone well and that they'd like to set up a phone interview for as soon as possible. The phone interview would also have a web conference component where I was to prepare a 10-15 minute presentation on a project that I'd worked on. My phone interview/presentation was with an embedded systems engineer, and he had an extremely thick accent. I had a hard time understanding most of what he said over the phone, and I had to ask him to repeat himself many times. From what I could tell, he thought my presentation was very good. However, when he asked me if Texas Instruments was my top choice for employment, I said no, and that I was hoping to get a more software-oriented position if possible. Because of that, I didn't hear back from TI after this interview.

Interview Questions

• Follow-up questions asked during my presentation: Explain why you chose the language you did, and why you chose an interrupt-driven design.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Met at UF career showcase. Had on campus interview, video-response interview, phone/presentation interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Plano, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Recruiters at university career fair conducted initial 1:1 interviews on campus with candidates. Next and final round of interviews took place on-site. The day began in a group setting with a presentation about the company and to allow interviewees to mingle with each other and the various managers. Then 1:1 interviews began between interviewees and each manager. This was followed by lunch and final round of remaining interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

the first interview was with the HR general manager. it went very well, no technical question, just about my career goals and what kind of posiition i would like to get once hired, and most important, rewrite my resume and tell explicitly the courses i took so far. the second was with the HR again, and more detailed. it was regarding my educational background, my strength and weaknesses, and a brief discussion on my resume. the third was with my boss (software application manager) and it took approximately 1h. he explained to me what they are doing, asked me what i'm looking forward to doing, the device i would be working on and also he asked what are my passions. the last interview was very in depth, and skills oriented. i was litterally quizzed in the area i will be working on. it was about 1h30mn interview, and it went well.

Interview Questions

• In my case it was not really questions, but mostly it was explaining a design process flowing some established rules i am supposed to know to accomplish efficiently the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

i was amazed by the amount of money offered to me... so i took it without further negociations

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Bangalore (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

I had an aptitude test after which they shortlisted a couple of students. My interview went for more than an hour. He asked me questions on Computer Architecture and DSP. I had very little knowledge on this and didn't clear this round. Lot of hardware and COA oriented questions even though it was a software profile.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tiruchchirāppalli (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Tiruchchirāppalli (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

First there was a written round consisting of Aptitude(1 comprehension,1 Data interpretation comprehension,rest normal Mcqs,20 questions 40 minutes) And Technical Questions(20) comprising of Basic C,OS,Computer Architecture,few Network Questions. Then There was 1 technical Interview.They were looking for Embedded Software profile and so were lot more interested in OS,COA,Memory related functions like malloc,calloc.The worst part was despite of telling them I did not have any course on micro controller they asked me to write driver for something(I dont even remember that and that is why they rejected all of us).

Interview Questions

• Driver question and Questions related to how C program is stored in memory and why cant we access local variables from other blocks(relating to how they are stored in memory)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Bangalore (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

First was the pre placement talk... they spoke about the company and what they look for in candidates. Then we had a written IQ/analytical thinking test, consisting of one general puzzle, and one data-structure related puzzle. Then we had a group problem solving exercise. The problem statement was: How are you going to increase India’s medal haul at the next Olympics to 20. We were supposed to think individually for five minutes, discuss for 8, and one of us would go and present for 2 minutes. Finally we had interviews with three panellists; mine lasted an hour.