Texas Instruments Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through job fair and talked to a university recruiter. University recruiter liked my resume, so she set me up with the first interview. First interview was basically behavioral, like why you want to work here, and etc. second interview is with two senior engineers and is a video conference with a 10 minute presentation about your self. The other minutes are basically technical questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Austin, TX).

Interview

Applied for on-campus interview. Got a phone call later on, then had an on-campus interview. Then had a second round interview that was over the web and focused on us presenting a project we had worked on before. The interviewers were generally nice, and the HR folks are awesome. They are accommodating (within their limit) and really make the process as smooth as possible.

Interview Questions

• What do a section of memory addresses allocated for a struct actually look like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate because it was an intern position.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Santa Barbara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Gave resume at career fair, had on-campus interview the next day. Asked me behavioral questions. Had a webex interview a couple weeks later with two employees and more behavioral questions as well as some questions about C and the stack. Few days later they told me I had an offer, then set me up with a phone call with the guy I'd be working for, doing embedded systems stuff.

Interview Questions

• Did a function call that took two parameters, each parameter was an in-line evaluation. The output shows that the parameters were evaluated in reverse order. Why?   1 Answer

I'm not interested in the low-level hardware-interaction stuff.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through a university careers website and got an on-campus interview. This lasted about a half hour, and it was just a behavioral interview. Later that evening, I heard from HR that the interview had gone well and that they'd like to set up a phone interview for as soon as possible. The phone interview would also have a web conference component where I was to prepare a 10-15 minute presentation on a project that I'd worked on. My phone interview/presentation was with an embedded systems engineer, and he had an extremely thick accent. I had a hard time understanding most of what he said over the phone, and I had to ask him to repeat himself many times. From what I could tell, he thought my presentation was very good. However, when he asked me if Texas Instruments was my top choice for employment, I said no, and that I was hoping to get a more software-oriented position if possible. Because of that, I didn't hear back from TI after this interview.

Interview Questions

• Follow-up questions asked during my presentation: Explain why you chose the language you did, and why you chose an interrupt-driven design.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Met at UF career showcase. Had on campus interview, video-response interview, phone/presentation interview.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Plano, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Recruiters at university career fair conducted initial 1:1 interviews on campus with candidates. Next and final round of interviews took place on-site. The day began in a group setting with a presentation about the company and to allow interviewees to mingle with each other and the various managers. Then 1:1 interviews began between interviewees and each manager. This was followed by lunch and final round of remaining interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

the first interview was with the HR general manager. it went very well, no technical question, just about my career goals and what kind of posiition i would like to get once hired, and most important, rewrite my resume and tell explicitly the courses i took so far. the second was with the HR again, and more detailed. it was regarding my educational background, my strength and weaknesses, and a brief discussion on my resume. the third was with my boss (software application manager) and it took approximately 1h. he explained to me what they are doing, asked me what i'm looking forward to doing, the device i would be working on and also he asked what are my passions. the last interview was very in depth, and skills oriented. i was litterally quizzed in the area i will be working on. it was about 1h30mn interview, and it went well.

Interview Questions

• In my case it was not really questions, but mostly it was explaining a design process flowing some established rules i am supposed to know to accomplish efficiently the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

i was amazed by the amount of money offered to me... so i took it without further negociations

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (New Delhi (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for internship in software profile . TI visited our campus . First of all , there was a MCQ online test consisting of 20 questions (10 aptitude , 10 coding ) to be solved in 90 mins (marking scheme +1 & -0.5). Aptitude was of medium level . Coding question were also of medium level , most of them were output questions focusing on function pointers. 1 question from OS & Networking each (easy). 4 candidates were selected for interview. .

Interview Questions

• 1 basic question of electrical circuit (draw I-R graph of a circuit having constant voltage source and variable resistor . 2 coding questions (swap 2 elements without using extra space , design a shortest path algorithm for a given circuit )   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Bangalore (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

A written round consisting of C aptitude and puzzles. Shortlisted candidates subjected to a technical interview, followed by a final HR round. Technical round focus is on threading, semaphores and kernel programming. HR round focuses on previous projects, general puzzles. A lot of emphasis given on the resume and questions are asked based on the work done, so knowing ones own resume well is very helpful

Interview Questions

• Basics of threading, semaphores and kernel programming   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations -- Take what is given

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Bangalore (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

I had an aptitude test after which they shortlisted a couple of students. My interview went for more than an hour. He asked me questions on Computer Architecture and DSP. I had very little knowledge on this and didn't clear this round. Lot of hardware and COA oriented questions even though it was a software profile.