Texas Instruments

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through a university careers website and got an on-campus interview. This lasted about a half hour, and it was just a behavioral interview. Later that evening, I heard from HR that the interview had gone well and that they'd like to set up a phone interview for as soon as possible. The phone interview would also have a web conference component where I was to prepare a 10-15 minute presentation on a project that I'd worked on.

My phone interview/presentation was with an embedded systems engineer, and he had an extremely thick accent. I had a hard time understanding most of what he said over the phone, and I had to ask him to repeat himself many times. From what I could tell, he thought my presentation was very good. However, when he asked me if Texas Instruments was my top choice for employment, I said no, and that I was hoping to get a more software-oriented position if possible. Because of that, I didn't hear back from TI after this interview.

Interview Question – Follow-up questions asked during my presentation: Explain why you chose the language you did, and why you chose an interrupt-driven design.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Texas Instruments

Interview Details – Met at UF career showcase. Had on campus interview, video-response interview, phone/presentation interview.

Interview Question – Name a software project you were the most proud of   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2008.

Interview Details – the first interview was with the HR general manager. it went very well, no technical question, just about my career goals and what kind of posiition i would like to get once hired, and most important, rewrite my resume and tell explicitly the courses i took so far.
the second was with the HR again, and more detailed. it was regarding my educational background, my strength and weaknesses, and a brief discussion on my resume.
the third was with my boss (software application manager) and it took approximately 1h. he explained to me what they are doing, asked me what i'm looking forward to doing, the device i would be working on and also he asked what are my passions.
the last interview was very in depth, and skills oriented. i was litterally quizzed in the area i will be working on. it was about 1h30mn interview, and it went well.

Interview Question – In my case it was not really questions, but mostly it was explaining a design process flowing some established rules i am supposed to know to accomplish efficiently the job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i was amazed by the amount of money offered to me... so i took it without further negociations

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Texas Instruments in August 2010.

Interview Details – it was near about 2 rounds of interview. First was the telephonic and next was the F2F. In telephonic they asked so many designing and algorithm .. i guess it was to understand the designing and technical skills etc.

The F2F was included several rounds and it was the time thy will check your technical knowledge like anything ....

Interview Question – Why you want to join TI? .. is it the question to ask :-)   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Texas Instruments in December 2011.

Interview Details – Multiple phone interviews including a video conference call interview. The interviewers were from 3 different locations and none were employed at the location where I was interviewing for. The video conference was about 30 minutes long and began with a 10 minute resume presentation I had previously prepared. They seemed more concerned with previous job duties and experience and didn't quiz me on technical software topics.

Interview Question – Give an example of a project you managed.   Answer Question

Tiruchchirāppalli (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in July 2012.

Interview Details – First there was a written round consisting of Aptitude(1 comprehension,1 Data interpretation comprehension,rest normal Mcqs,20 questions 40 minutes) And Technical Questions(20) comprising of Basic C,OS,Computer Architecture,few Network Questions.
Then There was 1 technical Interview.They were looking for Embedded Software profile and so were lot more interested in OS,COA,Memory related functions like malloc,calloc.The worst part was despite of telling them I did not have any course on micro controller they asked me to write driver for something(I dont even remember that and that is why they rejected all of us).

Interview Question – Driver question and Questions related to how C program is stored in memory and why cant we access local variables from other blocks(relating to how they are stored in memory)   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in August 2012.

Interview Details – I had an aptitude test after which they shortlisted a couple of students. My interview went for more than an hour. He asked me questions on Computer Architecture and DSP. I had very little knowledge on this and didn't clear this round. Lot of hardware and COA oriented questions even though it was a software profile.

Interview Question – Something to do with cache and DMA.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Texas Instruments in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online for this position. I received an email first for a screen phone interview first. During phone interview I was asked about my background in software engineering specially in c++ and my previous projects. Then, 2-3 days after I got an email for 1:1 interview. The 1:1 interview took about an hour with the software team lead and a team member. The team leader explained in detail about the jobs and the organization and about the role. Then it was an OOP and a C++ skill test.

Interview Questions

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2012.

Interview Details – First was the pre placement talk... they spoke about the company and what they look for in candidates. Then we had a written IQ/analytical thinking test, consisting of one general puzzle, and one data-structure related puzzle. Then we had a group problem solving exercise. The problem statement was: How are you going to increase India’s medal haul at the next Olympics to 20. We were supposed to think individually for five minutes, discuss for 8, and one of us would go and present for 2 minutes. Finally we had interviews with three panellists; mine lasted an hour.

Interview Question – Tell me the most interesting thing about yourself   Answer Question

Software Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in April 2010.

Interview Details – A phone interview consists questions about research projects and network protocols.

Interview Question – What is your current research project? Talk about the problems and your solutions.   Answer Question

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!