Texas Instruments Systems Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

8 interviews

3.5

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Interviewer was very polite. This was an on campus interview and it was mostly a behavioral/personality interview. There were no technical questions. A lot of qualified students were invited to interview and it was not clear what type of candidate they were looking for. There was a career fair a day earlier.

Interview Questions
  • Was asked what kind of innovations I would like to see from TI and any difficult teamwork issues.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Anonymous Employee  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in July 2012.

Had two phone interviews and was called on site later. Had 7 rounds of interview there.

Anonymous Employee  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in August 2012.

Had an Phone interview for an hour by the hiring manager. Was then called onsite. had 2 interviews. Then was taken out for lunch and then was followed by 4 interviews. Was told the decision in 2 days . All hardware related questions were straight forward. Algorithms interview went bad. Rest were hardware which were good. one of the interviwer expected me to carry some of the projects report that i had mentioned on my resume(he was an applications engineer manager) . I didn't carry one . so his interview(dunno y) and algorithms interview(i sucked at it) did me in. (it was my 1st interview)
    Overall Very professional and a positive exp.

Interview Questions
    • Algorithms interview. Find latest palindrome date from 0-1999AD. I was more focused towards hardware aspect so this question caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in March 2011.

First, I had a phone interview for the system engineer position in their wireless unit. The requirement of the job has MS+2 or PhD. The phone interview was smooth since it was mostly about what the job entails and what I did in my PhD. My thesis was a good fit for the skills which the job needs and I had a feeling they would get back to me with a onsite interview.

The onsite interview consisted of me giving a talk and then meeting various members of different groups with whom I might collaborate and work in future. The interview process was smooth and they made me feel at home. I mostly met with mid level employees who had been there for atleast 7-8 years and not the new hires like me. The process was smooth although I was expecting it to be a bit more rigorous. I left with a feeling that they might offer and they did after two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How would you do the project differently if you had a go at it again?   Answer Question
    • What was the main challenge during your PhD   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2008.

Before the interview, things seemed a bit disorganized. It seemed that HR wasn't completely there at first but they have been great since then.

Interview was very technical and difficult at times. Interviewers were willing to point you in the right direction if you asked (which you should never be afraid to do).

Interview Questions
    • What are your expectations if we were to take you on?   Answer Question
    • (A lot of questions on EE basics and advanced topics). Depending on where you are applying for, there can be a lot of questions related to transistors and semiconductor theory.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Pretty smooth, no technical question. I was drafted from a career fair of UIUC, and the guy interviewed me the other day. Only several behavioral questions and none of them is really hard. Also talks about what is on the resume,not that hard either. I dunno why they didnt me contact me after tho.

Systems Engineer Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in May 2011.

Interview process was very good. They checked all the information and asked relevant questions in the interviews. They described the requirements properly.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Texas Instruments in August 2010.

Texas Instruments had an online test. Was very easy with two sections of 20 questions each. first section - general aptitude. second section - Computer Science. This was followed by a technical interview. The interviewer scanned the resume closely. Was asking questions on the projects. He was mainly interested in OS, System side programming experience. He also asked questions about - how will you implement a scheduler (write shell script code for the same). He questioned on basics of compilers, etc. I didn't get the offer though. Hope this helps.

Interview Questions
    • Question related to system programming and few on semaphores   Answer Question

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!