Texas Instruments

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Texas Instruments

Interview Details – Interviewer was very polite. This was an on campus interview and it was mostly a behavioral/personality interview. There were no technical questions. A lot of qualified students were invited to interview and it was not clear what type of candidate they were looking for. There was a career fair a day earlier.

Interview Question – Was asked what kind of innovations I would like to see from TI and any difficult teamwork issues.   Answer Question

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in July 2012.

Interview Details – Had two phone interviews and was called on site later. Had 7 rounds of interview there.

Interview Question – Capicitance effects of IC's   Answer Question

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in August 2012.

Interview Details – Had an Phone interview for an hour by the hiring manager. Was then called onsite. had 2 interviews. Then was taken out for lunch and then was followed by 4 interviews. Was told the decision in 2 days . All hardware related questions were straight forward. Algorithms interview went bad. Rest were hardware which were good. one of the interviwer expected me to carry some of the projects report that i had mentioned on my resume(he was an applications engineer manager) . I didn't carry one . so his interview(dunno y) and algorithms interview(i sucked at it) did me in. (it was my 1st interview)
Overall Very professional and a positive exp.

Interview Question – Algorithms interview. Find latest palindrome date from 0-1999AD. I was more focused towards hardware aspect so this question caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in March 2011.

Interview Details – First, I had a phone interview for the system engineer position in their wireless unit. The requirement of the job has MS+2 or PhD. The phone interview was smooth since it was mostly about what the job entails and what I did in my PhD. My thesis was a good fit for the skills which the job needs and I had a feeling they would get back to me with a onsite interview.

The onsite interview consisted of me giving a talk and then meeting various members of different groups with whom I might collaborate and work in future. The interview process was smooth and they made me feel at home. I mostly met with mid level employees who had been there for atleast 7-8 years and not the new hires like me. The process was smooth although I was expecting it to be a bit more rigorous. I left with a feeling that they might offer and they did after two weeks.

Dallas, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2008.

Interview Details – Before the interview, things seemed a bit disorganized. It seemed that HR wasn't completely there at first but they have been great since then.

Interview was very technical and difficult at times. Interviewers were willing to point you in the right direction if you asked (which you should never be afraid to do).

Interview Questions

• What are your expectations if we were to take you on?   Answer Question
  • (A lot of questions on EE basics and advanced topics). Depending on where you are applying for, there can be a lot of questions related to transistors and semiconductor theory.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Texas Instruments

Interview Details – Pretty smooth, no technical question. I was drafted from a career fair of UIUC, and the guy interviewed me the other day. Only several behavioral questions and none of them is really hard. Also talks about what is on the resume,not that hard either. I dunno why they didnt me contact me after tho.

Very Difficult Interview

Systems Engineer

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in May 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was very good. They checked all the information and asked relevant questions in the interviews. They described the requirements properly.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Texas Instruments in August 2010.

Interview Details – Texas Instruments had an online test. Was very easy with two sections of 20 questions each. first section - general aptitude. second section - Computer Science. This was followed by a technical interview. The interviewer scanned the resume closely. Was asking questions on the projects. He was mainly interested in OS, System side programming experience. He also asked questions about - how will you implement a scheduler (write shell script code for the same). He questioned on basics of compilers, etc. I didn't get the offer though. Hope this helps.

Interview Question – Question related to system programming and few on semaphores   Answer Question

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!