Texas Instruments

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – Talked the a recruiter at an on campus info session. Then had a video conference interview and for the final round of interviews I was brought to their campus in Dallas, TX. Everyone was super nice and made me feel extremely comfortable during this whole process. Amanda T is the best recruiter I have even worked with, so on top of everything and always willing to answer any questions I had.

Interview Question – During my on campus interview I had to teach the guy something I've learned in class. Op amps are always a good choice. They also asked about A/D converters. Other than that not too much technical stuff, mostly personality based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for the rotational program but their offer was great!

Technical Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Texas Instruments in December 2012.

Interview Details – Met at career fair at university. Set up a 1 hour interview on campus. It went well, and was told to expect to hear back within a week about next rounds. Didn't hear back for about 3 weeks. Next round was for a field applications engineer rotation program - on the phone with shared ppt of a technical project i've done. basically presenting the project, and then a short interview after that. It went well and afterwards I told them I was interested in the Tech Sales program as well. About a week later, HR contacted me about onsite interviews for tech sales and field apps.

Tech Sales Final Round: 2 panel interviews with 2 interviewers each. Very laid back.. be yourself and you'll do fine. Questions werent technically detailed, rather just to see how you are as a person. Know their product portfolio at least a little bit and how they fit into the final products (iphone, digital camera, etc). Definitely have questions in mind for what you want to ask them because it shows youre interested and it helps move conversation along. Generally, I was told if you feel like it is an interview then it's not going well. However , if you feel like you're just having a conversation with them, then you're doing well. they flew me out and paid for everything, which was nice.

Apps: Very similar to tech sales except a little more interested in technical projects you've done before. First panel was pretty harsh. Not sure if the interviewers were like that, or if they did not like me specifically. Second panel was completely different. walked in and i started with a question and we just talked and i learned a lot more about the company/program and they got to know me.

Basically for either: prepare questions to ask them, know why you want the position, learn a bit about what the company sells (more specifically than just analog chips), know projects youve done, and times where you've worked with groups and had disagreements or important design decision talks. Be yourself and have fun.

Interview Question – Why aren't you going back to your old company (that you interned at)?
What would people say is the worst thing about you?
What is leadership?
  Answer Question

Technical Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2013.

Interview Details – I received the opportunity to interview for TI 2 weeks after applying to their Technical Sales Associate Rotational Program. They emailed me saying that they have selected me to move on to the next step in their recruiting process, which was to record answers to 5 questions that they preset for each applicant. They seemed to like my responses since I was emailed about two weeks later by one of their HR members asking me for my availability for a video interview with one of their employees. I set it up for the following week and for the most part, it went well. But it seems they did not see me as a good fit for the company since they called me saying that they cannot offer me a position at this time.

Interview Question – How would you describe a transistor to a nontechnical customer?   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Texas Instruments in April 2013.

Interview Details – 4 Rounds of Interview
1st round was a 1:1 general interview, was asked about my hobbies and wether I like to travel, was asked to name the competitors of Texas Instruments. Was smooth without any tricky questions.
2nd and 3rd round were 1:1 technical rounds; was asked about my project, and some basic Analog Electronics which I was able to answer. Was asked why I wanted to be in TSA profile when I could go for digital design.
4th round was an 2:1 HR round

Interview Question – Any sales person which I particularly remember and will not forget   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Texas Instruments

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!

Texas Instruments Videos

Texas Instruments – Why Work for Us?

Look around you. TI is there. Our analog and embedded processing technologies power every type of electronics you touch – from laptops and cameras to auto infotainment systems and medical technologies to video games… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Texas Instruments Technical Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Texas Instruments employees and interview candidates.