Texas Instruments Technical Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

3.1

Technical Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was swift and very transparent. Three step process. Screening video interview, web interview, on-site interview. HR was very helpful, they provided a dinner the night before the interview with all of the candidates, I enjoyed the process and the employees that were currently in the program.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Technical Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

The Process took about 3 weeks. Applied at my school's career fair. Did an interview on campus couple of days later (completely behavioral). Had an online interview 10 days later for about an hour (completely behavioral): Team leadership experiences, bad teams that you have been a part of and how did you handle the situation, Hardest class you have taken and how did you manage to pass or do well. About 10 days later had an interview on-site. Did two interviews back to back. One simulation (you need to sell something to the interviewer) and the other one was a panel interview. Make sure you ask A LOT OF questions from the interviewer (client) during the simulation interview to make sure you understand the situation and needs of the costumer. Very positive experience. HRs were very helpful and super nice so were the interviewers. Make sure you have enough practice for the simulation part before the interview.

Interview Questions

• tell us about your internships or volunteer works. tell us about a time where you made a big decision in a team and the succeeded.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

This was one of the very different interviews that I had.
    First was the HireView Questions where it asks questions and you have a few seconds to answers. Then it was another interview with a TI employee on HireVue again. The last step was the onsite interview in Dallas. You have dinner the night before with current TSAs which is very casual and you hang out with them. Then you are on site all day the next day. You have a behavioral interview, campus tour then a sales simulation. Overall, the process was not too bad. Just have fun with the current TSAs, be friendly and show passion for TI and what they do and you should do fine.

Interview Questions

• The sales simulation was a unique but it wasn't hard to do once you hear it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. The first is just video recording your answers to questions given to you. The next is a Skype interview with a Texas Instruments employee who was also a member of the TSA program. The last interview is an onsite interview in Dallas.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Round 1: They had me record my answers to some questions via an online recruiting website. I needed a webcam to record my answers. They got back to me within a week and I set up a time for round 2.

Round 2: Same as round 1 except there as a person live on the other side and we talked about basic experiences and behavioral type questions. A week later I was told I got into round 3 and would be flown to Texas for the final stage.

Round 3: I got flown to Texas and put in a hotel. That night I went out with a group of people that were also there for interviews as well as current people in the program that had only been working for TI for under a year. The next day I went to there headquarters and had 3 mini interviews. One of them was a test to see if I could ask the proper questions to sell somebody a vacation package just to see what questions I would ask. The other two were basic interviews with two groups of two people. They catered lunch as well.

Within a week after I was told I didn't get the job and when I asked what I may have done wrong or what skill I may have been missing the guy on the phone had no idea and said he just calls people to say they got it or not and he didn't know anything else.

Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to simulate selling a vacation package   1 Answer

Technical Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. The final round was at TI's HQ; there was a dinner the night before, an overview of the company, lunch, and two interviews conducted by managers. There was a sales simulation, which is different than typical behavior interviews, but once you hear the topic, it's not bad at all.

Interview Questions

• For me, it was my technical question due to surprise. The interview was almost entirely behavioral, but a technical question was thrown out and threw me off track for a moment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I failed to get a negotiation offer, despite having higher offers from competitors on the table. The impression I got was that I'm easily replaceable, and they could just hire another candidate as they go through several of these interview rounds. The new HR manager may be different however.

Technical Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

-First a phone interview or on campus interview
    -Will fly applicant to sales office or to Dallas Headquarters
    -Interview with 2-3 Managers
    -Asked to sell a vacation package (Sales Simulation)
    -Leadership role questions
    -Interpersonal skills evaluation

Technical Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Talked the a recruiter at an on campus info session. Then had a video conference interview and for the final round of interviews I was brought to their campus in Dallas, TX. Everyone was super nice and made me feel extremely comfortable during this whole process. Amanda T is the best recruiter I have even worked with, so on top of everything and always willing to answer any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• During my on campus interview I had to teach the guy something I've learned in class. Op amps are always a good choice. They also asked about A/D converters. Other than that not too much technical stuff, mostly personality based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation for the rotational program but their offer was great!

Technical Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2013.

Interview

I received the opportunity to interview for TI 2 weeks after applying to their Technical Sales Associate Rotational Program. They emailed me saying that they have selected me to move on to the next step in their recruiting process, which was to record answers to 5 questions that they preset for each applicant. They seemed to like my responses since I was emailed about two weeks later by one of their HR members asking me for my availability for a video interview with one of their employees. I set it up for the following week and for the most part, it went well. But it seems they did not see me as a good fit for the company since they called me saying that they cannot offer me a position at this time.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe a transistor to a nontechnical customer?   1 Answer

Technical Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Texas Instruments in December 2012.

Interview

Met at career fair at university. Set up a 1 hour interview on campus. It went well, and was told to expect to hear back within a week about next rounds. Didn't hear back for about 3 weeks. Next round was for a field applications engineer rotation program - on the phone with shared ppt of a technical project i've done. basically presenting the project, and then a short interview after that. It went well and afterwards I told them I was interested in the Tech Sales program as well. About a week later, HR contacted me about onsite interviews for tech sales and field apps.

Tech Sales Final Round: 2 panel interviews with 2 interviewers each. Very laid back.. be yourself and you'll do fine. Questions werent technically detailed, rather just to see how you are as a person. Know their product portfolio at least a little bit and how they fit into the final products (iphone, digital camera, etc). Definitely have questions in mind for what you want to ask them because it shows youre interested and it helps move conversation along. Generally, I was told if you feel like it is an interview then it's not going well. However , if you feel like you're just having a conversation with them, then you're doing well. they flew me out and paid for everything, which was nice.

Apps: Very similar to tech sales except a little more interested in technical projects you've done before. First panel was pretty harsh. Not sure if the interviewers were like that, or if they did not like me specifically. Second panel was completely different. walked in and i started with a question and we just talked and i learned a lot more about the company/program and they got to know me.

Basically for either: prepare questions to ask them, know why you want the position, learn a bit about what the company sells (more specifically than just analog chips), know projects youve done, and times where you've worked with groups and had disagreements or important design decision talks. Be yourself and have fun.

Interview Questions

• Why aren't you going back to your old company (that you interned at)?
      What would people say is the worst thing about you?
      What is leadership?