Texas Instruments

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Novi, MI

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, then a few weeks later I was chosen to do a video interview with a Sales Manager. I made it to the next round of interviews in which TI flew me up to Novi, Michigan. I did two interviews there, the first one I was asked to sell a time share, the second interview was all behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Only technical question was how to draw an op-amp   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2014.

Interview Details – After applying online, I was asked for on-campus interview. Standard questions for technical sales took place such as " Why would you want to be a sales person?" or "Are you aware of the differences between Application Engineer and Tech. Sales" to confirm your attendance to the information session previous night.

During 30 min. webcam interview, you are asked some behavoural questions as well as " what are the qualities of a tech sales person", "do you love to win or hate to lose?".

During on site interview, you are asked to sell a vacation package. This is not very formal as they help you during the process and provide feedback. However, there is a 45 min behavioural interview with 2 regional sales/marketing managers. Try to be very communicative and talkative to demonstrate your sales side.

Interview Question – How to persuade someone to buy a product?   Answer Question

Technical Sales Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – I applied online and went through 3 interview processes. First one was a prescreen interview which consists of 5 questions and you have to video record your responses. Second one was a online interview with a TI employee and third one was an onsite interview at one of TI's sites. My overall experience was really great, they were very quick to respond and every person I had an interaction with made me feel at ease. I got an offer fairly quickly and accpted it. I have been in the program for couple of months now and really enjoying all the aspects of the program and TI in general.

Interview Question – The questions are mostly behavioural, focusing on your soft skills.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2013.

Interview Details – 3 interviews total. First interview behavioral on campus. Second interview mostly behavioral over the phone. 3 interview included a visit to Dallas headquarters for a simulation interview and another behavioral interview.

Interview Question – What makes you think you would be good at sales?   Answer Question

Technical Sales Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2013.

Interview Details – First a video recording with 5 questions, then a live video interview, then onsite in dallas. EVery thing went ohk, but since it is a behavioral interview, it really depends on the interviewers you get. No right or wrong answer. Very unpredictable.

Interview Question – Three minute quick simulation at the end of the interview, under tremendous pressure.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2012.

Interview Details – I attended a career fair and dropped my resume off. I had very interesting conversation with a hiring manager and mentioned that I'd like to work in analog design. A week later I was contacted by a recruiter to do an online interview. Basically a video software asked me five questions and I had to record a video with my answers and mail it to a hiring manager.

Interview Question – Why do you see yourself doing this job?

I had a difficult time answering this question since I had applied for an analog design position in the beginning. I was not really interested in a sales position, but I still mentioned all of my skills that make me a good fit for sales (multiple languages, public presentation, engaging conversationalist, etc).
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I am a recent graduate and I'd like to work in design before adventuring into sales or applications engineering.

Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2009.

Interview Details – Via phone interview, check your academic background and experience. ask several behavior questions such as "tell me a example you demonstrate your communication skill". Then, second interview is to present your thesis and HR will challenge any detail to test your EQ. Final interview is conducted by general manager to ask your motivation and future career plan.

Interview Question – what is your expected salary? why?   Answer Question

Taipei (Taiwan)

I interviewed at Texas Instruments in July 2013.

Interview Details – it's a global program of sales people of TI around the world. the interview lasted a whole day. base logic IQ test -> professional skills test, group presentation test, and 1 to 5 managers interview. the interview was exciting and fun.

Interview Question – if Mckinsey hires you in the same phase, would you go there?   Answer Question

Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2012.

Interview Details – Sent email containing resume and diploma to HR. Got their reply within two weeks. Info on the actual interview process was sent to the candidates two weeks prior to the day of interview. Candidates were assigned to groups and were asked to deliver a presentation together on one of the company's products. Candidates were also asked to not get in contact to one another before the interview.
On the day of the interview there a little less than an hour to discuss in groups on how to present. And then each group did their presentation and Q&A session. During lunch you get a text informing you whether or not you passed the morning interview and will be moving on to the afternoon session. The afternoon session you get interviewed by few managers in groups. Questions were only about general information about yourself, nothing technical.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty general - why did you apply for this job/ why do you think you are the right fit/ what do you think a salesperson does...
Interviewers were really nice, and the whole process was pretty casual.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR calls you the night of the interview. They tell you about the salary and bonus plan (sales). They expect you to accept/decline the offer then.

Technical Sales Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – First round was an on campus interview, very basic resume questions. A few weeks later had an on site interview, involved two interviews and a sales simulation.

Interview Question – What makes a good sales person?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Texas Instruments

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!

Texas Instruments Videos

Texas Instruments – Why Work for Us?

Look around you. TI is there. Our analog and embedded processing technologies power every type of electronics you touch – from laptops and cameras to auto infotainment systems and medical technologies to video games… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Texas Instruments Technical Sales Engineer interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Texas Instruments employees and interview candidates.