Texas Instruments Technical Sales Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Novi, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online, then a few weeks later I was chosen to do a video interview with a Sales Manager. I made it to the next round of interviews in which TI flew me up to Novi, Michigan. I did two interviews there, the first one I was asked to sell a time share, the second interview was all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Instruments (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

After applying online, I was asked for on-campus interview. Standard questions for technical sales took place such as " Why would you want to be a sales person?" or "Are you aware of the differences between Application Engineer and Tech. Sales" to confirm your attendance to the information session previous night.

During 30 min. webcam interview, you are asked some behavoural questions as well as " what are the qualities of a tech sales person", "do you love to win or hate to lose?".

During on site interview, you are asked to sell a vacation package. This is not very formal as they help you during the process and provide feedback. However, there is a 45 min behavioural interview with 2 regional sales/marketing managers. Try to be very communicative and talkative to demonstrate your sales side.

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

I applied online and went through 3 interview processes. First one was a prescreen interview which consists of 5 questions and you have to video record your responses. Second one was a online interview with a TI employee and third one was an onsite interview at one of TI's sites. My overall experience was really great, they were very quick to respond and every person I had an interaction with made me feel at ease. I got an offer fairly quickly and accpted it. I have been in the program for couple of months now and really enjoying all the aspects of the program and TI in general.

Interview Questions

• The questions are mostly behavioural, focusing on your soft skills.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

3 interviews total. First interview behavioral on campus. Second interview mostly behavioral over the phone. 3 interview included a visit to Dallas headquarters for a simulation interview and another behavioral interview.

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2013.

Interview

First a video recording with 5 questions, then a live video interview, then onsite in dallas. EVery thing went ohk, but since it is a behavioral interview, it really depends on the interviewers you get. No right or wrong answer. Very unpredictable.

Interview Questions

• Three minute quick simulation at the end of the interview, under tremendous pressure.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I attended a career fair and dropped my resume off. I had very interesting conversation with a hiring manager and mentioned that I'd like to work in analog design. A week later I was contacted by a recruiter to do an online interview. Basically a video software asked me five questions and I had to record a video with my answers and mail it to a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you see yourself doing this job?

I had a difficult time answering this question since I had applied for an analog design position in the beginning. I was not really interested in a sales position, but I still mentioned all of my skills that make me a good fit for sales (multiple languages, public presentation, engaging conversationalist, etc).

Answer Question

I am a recent graduate and I'd like to work in design before adventuring into sales or applications engineering.

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Application

interviewed at Texas Instruments (Taipei (Taiwan)) in July 2013.

Interview

it's a global program of sales people of TI around the world. the interview lasted a whole day. base logic IQ test -> professional skills test, group presentation test, and 1 to 5 managers interview. the interview was exciting and fun.

Interview Questions

• if Mckinsey hires you in the same phase, would you go there?   Answer Question

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

First round was an on campus interview, very basic resume questions. A few weeks later had an on site interview, involved two interviews and a sales simulation.

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Apply through website, video interview, live video interview

Interview Questions

• Do you love to win or hate to lose??!?   1 Answer

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments (Taipei (Taiwan)) in September 2012.

Interview

Sent email containing resume and diploma to HR. Got their reply within two weeks. Info on the actual interview process was sent to the candidates two weeks prior to the day of interview. Candidates were assigned to groups and were asked to deliver a presentation together on one of the company's products. Candidates were also asked to not get in contact to one another before the interview.
    On the day of the interview there a little less than an hour to discuss in groups on how to present. And then each group did their presentation and Q&A session. During lunch you get a text informing you whether or not you passed the morning interview and will be moving on to the afternoon session. The afternoon session you get interviewed by few managers in groups. Questions were only about general information about yourself, nothing technical.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty general - why did you apply for this job/ why do you think you are the right fit/ what do you think a salesperson does...
      Interviewers were really nice, and the whole process was pretty casual.

Answer Question

Negotiation

HR calls you the night of the interview. They tell you about the salary and bonus plan (sales). They expect you to accept/decline the offer then.