Texas Instruments

Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.7

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

Met TI recruiters at the university EECS career fair. Told them I was graduating in 3 months, and what I was doing for my Master's research, etc. They filled out a form with my information and told me to apply for the positions I'm interested in online. I applied to everything I was qualified for, without thinking if I really wanted that job, and got the HireVue interview (video call) for Technical Sales, even though my resume is heavy on the technical side. The interview was completely behavioral, and I made sure to use coursework project scenarios for all answers. In the end, the interviewer asked me if I was competitive, and I said no, and then he asked if I really wanted to be in sales, and I answered no to that too. I added that I didn't know why I was even picked for this position, and told him I was more interested in being on the technical side of things. He himself had been in the technical field before switching to sales, so he talked about what he had done and what I was interested in. Based on that, he passed on my resume to the Design Engineering team, and I now have an interview with them next week.

Interview Questions
  • Think of a time when a team member was not performing as he was supposed to and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Technical Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

It is an interview that has less concern about technical skills, but more concerned with how you are as a person, and if you have the potential to be a good seller . There is a 2 interviews and a simulation . Dress is Professional .

There is a prescreen interview before the onsite, it was a little different for me because you are asked five questions, and you have to record your answers. It is a little different because you are not actually talking to someone, and if you think you messed up a question, too bad soo sad ... you cant edit your recorded response...

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, was very happy with the package

Technical Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in March 2013.

Recruiters came to our campus and seemed really desperate and pushy for the technical sales position. They interviewed about 8 of us in San Diego and we all thought they were going to accept 4-5 of us. (this is after passing the video interview). The questions in general were all behavioral and easy.

At the end of the interview you go through a mock sales pitch. For us we had to sell a vacation package to the hiring managers.

After being pushy to get people to like the position at the career fair they only accepted 1 person from the whole group.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how a digital camera works (only technical question). The rest were behavioral.   View Answer

Technical Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2012.

Initially met with TI Analog team lead at career fair. Had an interview with him and he told me they would fly me down to Texas for an on site interview.
    Got a call the next day saying that I interviewed with the wrong guy and needed to interview again at the career center. Got into the interview and could tell that the guy didn't like me from the start. I ended up not getting flown down with a follow up email two weeks later stating that they would not be pursuing employment with me further.

Interview Questions
    • Whats a difficult teaming situation you have been in.   Answer Question
    • What is an example of a great team you have had and what were its strengths.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Instruments.

I got the interview through an Alum of my university who emailed everyone in the department about the position. There was a brief phone interview by the alum who just wanted to gauge my interest and tell me about the position which is a rotation program. He asked me some general questions about my people skills and my experience. At the end of the interview he said that he really liked my answers and skills and felt i was a good fit. He said he would pass on this to the senior recruiters for the program who would then contact me.
    After a while, since he and the manager were busy, the manager contacted me and spoke to me briefly and really was interested. He straightaway said that he wanted me to fly down to Dallas for an in person interview by the end of this week.
    The in person interview was brief since I have been to other on site interviews, it lasted about 2 hours and was with 2 current Technical Sales People. There was just general questions and they try to throw you off. Be ready to have answers and remember the position is more related with your communication and ability to deal with people than your technical skills.
    At the end of the interview when I said I love feedback positive or negative, he said here is some feedback. He said I was arrogant and thought I deserved everything. I sat there calmly and apologized and assured him that I am not that and that I am sorry he got the wrong impression.
    I was offered the position within two days after the interview, and got the offer 2 days later. Unfortunately due to my visa status which they were not aware off, (error on their end, since I filled out the application form stating it) I was not able to accept the job.

Interview Questions

Unable to sponsor work visa for foreign workers.

Technical Sales Interview

2 telephone interviews and then assessment center.
    The assessment center lasts a hole day and you need to prepare a presentation and a sales role exercice.
    You have to be good prepared !
    There is a technical test too. you will be asked about your cv and you will get an exercice.

Technical Sales Interview

technical questions were simple lyk wattage of monitor or how will u select a microcontroller for ur project and there were questions related to sales lyk whts necessary for a sales person?
    will you lie to your customer abt ur product and lyk dat

Interview Questions
    • companies which manufacture electronics in india?   View Answer

Technical Sales Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments in November 2011.

Flew me down to Dallas, TX for the interview. Met with people currently in the program who took us out for dinner the night before the interviews. Was able to discuss the job and what not. Next day was a small panel interview which mostly focused on personality questions. Nothing technical, easy going. Important to just have a conversation and be yourself.

Technical Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2010.

i was being contacted for the sales position, which i did not even apply to; the interview lasted about 40 minutes, mostly behavior question that are usually boring. at the end of the interview the interviewer said to me 'i think you are better fitted to a more technical position rather than sales' essentially turned me down on spot, which i believe it is quite improper in any means.

Technical Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2009.

Contacted via email, invited to dinner day before interview. Had one interview on campus with 1:1 and 2:1 asked behavioral questions as well as a "how would you sell me this?" type question. The interviewers were friendly for the most part. Got to talk to one of them about LSU baseball to get the ball rolling.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had a disagreement with a supervisor/professor and how did you handle it?   View Answer