Texas Instruments Test Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2014

3.4

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Test Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

It is on a job fair. I am looking for the job of test engineer. They first asked me some questions about the basic ideas of test engineer. They are not very interested in it I found. Therefore, I talked some about the test experience.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think make you outstanding than other canidates?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

It was a six person, panel interview with basic questions about your resume. They basically wanted to see what kind of a person you were. Then, they ended with a three question, 10 minute session where you had to answer these questions from a small board on your own sheet of paper, while they all stared at you. At the end of this process, you explained your work and answers with the panel. The questions asked were:
    1) Find the equivalent resistance of a circuit.
    2) Solve a simple op amp circuit to give the output, relative to the resistors.
    3) Show what a transistor circuit example did.
    After this interview, free lunch was provided, a cheesy video was watched, and a brief description of the job/jobs were given to everyone interviewing, while the chance was had to meet a few people and ask about the job.

Interview Questions
    • Explain what a basic transistor circuit did that was shown on a board.   View Answer
    The HR guy called and gave a salary number higher than expected, so I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2012.

Phone interview with hiring manager to determine interest in position. Tough technical interview over the phone after that. Flew to Dallas for on-site interview which lasted all day. Not enough time to explore the town or not be rushed, but fun process overall. HR needs to do a better job with maps/instructions/directions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2010.

Had a 1:1 interview with 6 different poeple from various departments. The recruiters were friendly, and made me comfortable during the interview. This was my first interview and I did not perform as well, blanking out occasionally.
    The questions were asked using a basic circuit (mostly opamps )and making modifications to it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in August 2008.

Alot of detailed technical questions were asked, concerning analog circuits.

Interview Questions
    • If given an extremely small signal (1nV) how would you amplify it so that it is readable by a vlotage meter.   Answer Question
    • Various questions regarding Op-amps   Answer Question
    After interning with them I was made an offer and didn't negotiate. I'm very happy with my offer but I wish I would have negotiated anyways.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in March 2013.

1 to 1 interview session
    Introduction
    Knowledge in semiconductor manufacturing
    Skills and quality in management

nego to company's standard

Test Engineer Interview

half a day face to face with hiring mgr

Test Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2010.

The interview was with a representative whom I had met previously. Due to pre-interview networking, I was already indemand by the company and the interview was more of a formality and an attempt to convince me to accept their offer, which was extended by phone about two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What was your toughest problem & mistake in a group project environment?   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in March 2011.

I was offered an interview last week while at a job fair. The recruiter asked me to write a program to find the average of 10 numbers using arrays (the language didnt matter). Next he drew an AC signal and asked me to draw that circuit after it went through an ADC converter. Next, he asked me about the Fourier Series equations. He asked me about some of the projects I'm working on and that was about it.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program to calculate the average of 10 integers.   Answer Question
    • What would this AC signal look like after going through an ACD converter?   Answer Question
    It was just last week. I havent had to negotiate yet.

Test Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2008.

Met with HR rep first, then went to a different area of the building to meet with the hiring manager; the interview with the hiring manager was generic (i.e. description of the position, discussed strengths and weaknesses, etc...); Move to 3 different 1:1 interviews with other key people that I would be working with. These interviews were VERY technical. Overall process was pleasant and enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • Multiple whiteboard questions concerning electronic circuit analysis   Answer Question

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!