Texas Instruments Test Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tucson, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

first it was a phone interview and if you clear that then face to face interview. Almost 10 managers interviewed me. Interview was from 8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

It is on a job fair. I am looking for the job of test engineer. They first asked me some questions about the basic ideas of test engineer. They are not very interested in it I found. Therefore, I talked some about the test experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you think make you outstanding than other canidates?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was a six person, panel interview with basic questions about your resume. They basically wanted to see what kind of a person you were. Then, they ended with a three question, 10 minute session where you had to answer these questions from a small board on your own sheet of paper, while they all stared at you. At the end of this process, you explained your work and answers with the panel. The questions asked were: 1) Find the equivalent resistance of a circuit. 2) Solve a simple op amp circuit to give the output, relative to the resistors. 3) Show what a transistor circuit example did. After this interview, free lunch was provided, a cheesy video was watched, and a brief description of the job/jobs were given to everyone interviewing, while the chance was had to meet a few people and ask about the job.

Interview Questions

• Explain what a basic transistor circuit did that was shown on a board.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The HR guy called and gave a salary number higher than expected, so I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

It took about about 1 hour. There are two engineers. One of them is quiet but the other asks just puzzle questions. However, interview is not very friendly because he is not happy if you don't know the answer. The good thing is that it offers a nice trip to Dallas, and the hotel is very good.

Interview Questions

• Most of them are not about testing but puzzle question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager to determine interest in position. Tough technical interview over the phone after that. Flew to Dallas for on-site interview which lasted all day. Not enough time to explore the town or not be rushed, but fun process overall. HR needs to do a better job with maps/instructions/directions.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tucson, AZ) in October 2010.

Interview

Had a 1:1 interview with 6 different poeple from various departments. The recruiters were friendly, and made me comfortable during the interview. This was my first interview and I did not perform as well, blanking out occasionally. The questions were asked using a basic circuit (mostly opamps )and making modifications to it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tucson, AZ) in August 2008.

Interview

Alot of detailed technical questions were asked, concerning analog circuits.

Interview Questions

• If given an extremely small signal (1nV) how would you amplify it so that it is readable by a vlotage meter.   Answer Question
    • Various questions regarding Op-amps   Answer Question

Negotiation

After interning with them I was made an offer and didn't negotiate. I'm very happy with my offer but I wish I would have negotiated anyways.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in March 2013.

Interview

1 to 1 interview session Introduction Experience Knowledge in semiconductor manufacturing Skills and quality in management

Interview Questions

• The manufacturing of semiconductor   1 Answer

Negotiation

nego to company's standard

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

half a day face to face with hiring mgr

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in March 2011.

Interview

I was offered an interview last week while at a job fair. The recruiter asked me to write a program to find the average of 10 numbers using arrays (the language didnt matter). Next he drew an AC signal and asked me to draw that circuit after it went through an ADC converter. Next, he asked me about the Fourier Series equations. He asked me about some of the projects I'm working on and that was about it.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to calculate the average of 10 integers.   Answer Question
    • What would this AC signal look like after going through an ACD converter?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was just last week. I havent had to negotiate yet.