Texas Instruments

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Test Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – It is on a job fair. I am looking for the job of test engineer. They first asked me some questions about the basic ideas of test engineer. They are not very interested in it I found. Therefore, I talked some about the test experience.

Interview Question – What do you think make you outstanding than other canidates?   View Answer

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview Details – It was a six person, panel interview with basic questions about your resume. They basically wanted to see what kind of a person you were. Then, they ended with a three question, 10 minute session where you had to answer these questions from a small board on your own sheet of paper, while they all stared at you. At the end of this process, you explained your work and answers with the panel. The questions asked were:
1) Find the equivalent resistance of a circuit.
2) Solve a simple op amp circuit to give the output, relative to the resistors.
3) Show what a transistor circuit example did.
After this interview, free lunch was provided, a cheesy video was watched, and a brief description of the job/jobs were given to everyone interviewing, while the chance was had to meet a few people and ask about the job.

Interview Question – Explain what a basic transistor circuit did that was shown on a board.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The HR guy called and gave a salary number higher than expected, so I accepted.

Dallas, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview with hiring manager to determine interest in position. Tough technical interview over the phone after that. Flew to Dallas for on-site interview which lasted all day. Not enough time to explore the town or not be rushed, but fun process overall. HR needs to do a better job with maps/instructions/directions.

Interview Question – Lots of op amp questions   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tucson, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2010.

Interview Details – Had a 1:1 interview with 6 different poeple from various departments. The recruiters were friendly, and made me comfortable during the interview. This was my first interview and I did not perform as well, blanking out occasionally.
The questions were asked using a basic circuit (mostly opamps )and making modifications to it.

Tucson, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in August 2008.

Interview Details – Alot of detailed technical questions were asked, concerning analog circuits.

Interview Questions

• If given an extremely small signal (1nV) how would you amplify it so that it is readable by a vlotage meter.   Answer Question
  • Various questions regarding Op-amps   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After interning with them I was made an offer and didn't negotiate. I'm very happy with my offer but I wish I would have negotiated anyways.

Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Texas Instruments in March 2013.

Interview Details – 1 to 1 interview session
Introduction
Knowledge in semiconductor manufacturing
Skills and quality in management

Interview Question – The manufacturing of semiconductor   View Answer

Negotiation Details – nego to company's standard

Interviewed at Texas Instruments

Interview Details – half a day face to face with hiring mgr

Interview Question – no diff or unexpected q.   Answer Question

Test Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was with a representative whom I had met previously. Due to pre-interview networking, I was already indemand by the company and the interview was more of a formality and an attempt to convince me to accept their offer, which was extended by phone about two weeks later.

Interview Question – What was your toughest problem & mistake in a group project environment?   Answer Question

Test Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was offered an interview last week while at a job fair. The recruiter asked me to write a program to find the average of 10 numbers using arrays (the language didnt matter). Next he drew an AC signal and asked me to draw that circuit after it went through an ADC converter. Next, he asked me about the Fourier Series equations. He asked me about some of the projects I'm working on and that was about it.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to calculate the average of 10 integers.   Answer Question
  • What would this AC signal look like after going through an ACD converter?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was just last week. I havent had to negotiate yet.

Test Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2008.

Interview Details – Met with HR rep first, then went to a different area of the building to meet with the hiring manager; the interview with the hiring manager was generic (i.e. description of the position, discussed strengths and weaknesses, etc...); Move to 3 different 1:1 interviews with other key people that I would be working with. These interviews were VERY technical. Overall process was pleasant and enjoyable.

Interview Question – Multiple whiteboard questions concerning electronic circuit analysis   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Texas Instruments

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!

Texas Instruments Videos

Texas Instruments – Why Work for Us?

Look around you. TI is there. Our analog and embedded processing technologies power every type of electronics you touch – from laptops and cameras to auto infotainment systems and medical technologies to video games… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Texas Instruments Test Engineer interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Texas Instruments employees and interview candidates.