Texas Instruments

Relevance Date Difficulty

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2011.

Interview Details – A recruiting company approached me after obtaining my résumé online. I went through an initial interview with them, at which pointed the passed my information on to the company.

The company conducted a phone interview, and afterward I was asked to fill out some information (background check, drug screening, etc.) and fax or deliver them to the recruiting company.

After those cleared, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. I worked through a technical discussion, with a current developer there, about the projects I would be undertaking. He asked me detail-oriented questions about procedures, code, and practices. After that, I was asked about my expectations for the position, and then asked what I thought the expected of me. We then discussed details, and I was told I could take a tour of the facilities before leaving.

I was almost certain that I wasn't going to get the position, as it was very competitive. However, I received the official job offer later that afternoon via phone all, and reported the following week for work.

Interview Question – Could you please describe the full MVC architecture and how you would go about making a change within the structure of a website?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Only a bit of negotiating. You should try to gauge your paygrade before getting to the in-person interview process. You don't want to shoot too high and seem overzealous, or too low and deny yourself proper compensation.

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!