Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Texas Instruments
- Intern (47)
- Applications Engineer (42)
- Design Engineer (29)
- Product Engineer (18)
- Analog Design Engineer (16)
- Software Engineer (15)
- Technical Sales (13)
- Technical Sales Associate (12)
- Technical Sales Engineer (12)
- Test Engineer (10)
- Systems Engineer (8)
- Senior Software Engineer (6)
- Manufacturing Engineer (6)
- Praktikant (5)
- Financial Analyst (4)
- Software Design Engineer (4)
- Summer Intern (4)
- Engineering Technician (4)
- Analog IC Design Engineer (4)
- Process Engineer (4)
- Engineering (4)
- Digital Design Engineer (4)
- Manufacturing Supervisor (4)
- Member of Technical Staff (3)
- Quality Engineer (3)
- ASIC Physical Design Engineer (3)
- Product Marketing Engineer (3)
- Internship (3)
- Field Applications Engineer (3)
- Human Resources (3)
Web Developer Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2011.
A recruiting company approached me after obtaining my résumé online. I went through an initial interview with them, at which pointed the passed my information on to the company.
The company conducted a phone interview, and afterward I was asked to fill out some information (background check, drug screening, etc.) and fax or deliver them to the recruiting company.
After those cleared, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. I worked through a technical discussion, with a current developer there, about the projects I would be undertaking. He asked me detail-oriented questions about procedures, code, and practices. After that, I was asked about my expectations for the position, and then asked what I thought the expected of me. We then discussed details, and I was told I could take a tour of the facilities before leaving.
I was almost certain that I wasn't going to get the position, as it was very competitive. However, I received the official job offer later that afternoon via phone all, and reported the following week for work.
- Could you please describe the full MVC architecture and how you would go about making a change within the structure of a website? View Answer