Texas Petrochemicals Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Texas Petrochemicals

Purchasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Texas Petrochemicals in February 2012.

I initially did a phone interview with an HR-rep and the VP of Purchasing. Both seemed friendly at the time and quite determined to flll the position. However, when I showed up for the actual face to face interview, I was interviewed by four people, and the interview was more like elementary and interrogating in nature. I could tell that they were looking for someone who could do grunge work, clean up messes and make them look good at the end of the day. I found this organization to be very weak in nature and searching for some Pie in the Sky stuff that not even the folks in the interview was capable of. I would suggest that anyone looking at this company, keep looking, not worth the interview or agony of having to sit through it.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation did you face and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    • What has been your greatest accomplishment?   View Answer

The oranization seemed to be one that wasn't really sure of itself, and the managers seemed a little sketchy at best. I remember in the iterview process, seemed like they were holding back some improtant details about the job, or their answers to certain questions were "guarded". I just didn't feel comfortable with this company.

Communications Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Texas Petrochemicals in March 2009.

My first interview was on campus at the career center. I was interviewed by engineers who had no idea what they were looking for, but that seemed pleased with my resume and GPA. I was later invited to their office in Houston for a second interview. I met separately with the two individuals I would be working with in their communication department. I come from a marketing background, but they seemed to really want someone with more of a communication/PR background and constantly pushed writing skills. I felt as though my interview was just them telling me what I should be and was therefor a complete waste of time.

I did not get the job, but I felt as though I did not want to work in that environment anyway.

Interview Questions
    • What kinds of projects, research or outside activities do you do to enhance your writing skills?   View Answer

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Texas Petrochemicals.

Sequential panel

Interview Questions
    • Very direct, appropriate questions on experience relevant to position   Answer Question
    Advesarial.

Worked for Texas Petrochemicals? Contribute to the Community!