Texas Roadhouse

Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.1

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Hostess Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

Open interviews on Tuesdays and it was a one on one interview. I was hired on the spot by the General Manager. The interview overall was short and easy. No second interview was required.

Interview Questions
  • Was asked basic questions like why did I want to work there? What did I know about the company?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Roadhouse

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bend, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bend, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

There were two interviews. First was with Travis, really nice and was only min long then the next day was with Ryan which was "can you be a closer?" Ya "ok you start on monday" so pretty easy...

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse in September 2014.

I just walked right in. Asked for an interview. Sat me down in a booth and asked questions. The questions were alittle difficult because i wasnt prepaired for them.

Interview Questions
    • Are you a team player? Name an instance where you went out of your way to help someone   Answer Question
    I did the interview. Less than ten minutes later they called to tell me I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Bliss, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Bliss, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

I applied on usajobs.gov months ago and finally received a call back a few weeks ago. The manager called me to see if I was still interested in the job and when I was available to set up an interview.
    When I went in for the interview I was directed to the back and sat down with the manager.
    He was VERY friendly!
    He asked me about my previously experience, what my future goals were, and what my school schedule was going to be like for the fall.
    He offered me the job after chatting with me and explained how the rest of the process was going to go.

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

The interview took place the same day as the application was turned in for me. It was a casual conversation in which the manager seemed to be mostly looking to evaluate if you would get along with the current managers and employees. It was a smooth and also not very intimidating process

Interview Questions
    • What is a weakness of yours and what do you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

very easy, just show up and you're hired

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse in January 2014.

we shook hands first as a way of introducing ourselves, she asked what my availability was and how social i was because it is important to be very social because you have to keep customers entertained while walking them to their seats.

Interview Questions

asked me if i could start working that saturday but i declined because i already had bought my winter formal ticket

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

Went in before they opened at about 3 and picked up an application. Turned it in the next day at the same time and they interviewed me on the spot. I was dressed in nice jeans and a nice top. The manager who interviewed me seemed really uninterested in me and did not consider my past work experience (as a junior golf coach and a caddy) to be a "real-enough" job. Afterwards he told me about the duties of a hostess and told me that if I didn't hear back within a few days to call back. I called back and he told me to call back in a week. I knew then that I didn't get the job. I called back a week later and they told me that the position was filled. They were actually still conducting interviews so the position had not been filled yet. I would have felt better had they just let me know politely that I didn't get the job instead of wasting my time for two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Since you don't have any real work experience, how do you know you'd be a good fit for this job?   Answer Question