Texas Roadhouse

Updated Feb 12, 2015
Updated Feb 12, 2015

1.9

Host Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

it was less than 5 minutes then had a second interview with the boss which was just as quick, they were really friendly. they went over my paperwork and asked what is my availability.

Interview Questions
    How would you like to be a Host ?

Hostess Interview

Went in to pick up an application and ended up interviewing on the spot with a manager. Very easy and casual. Didn't have any previous restaurant experience, but that didn't seem to be a big issue.

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

The hiring process starts with an application, one common sense tip is if you show up in your pajamas, sweats, or ripped jeans to apply for the position your application is automatically tossed in the trash. The applicant must call a week after the application is turned it, it shows employers that you want the job, to set up an interview. The interview is pretty basic key words to live by are work hard, always early, learn fast. If applying for the server all servers have to pass the server menu test its about 80 questions and you can only get 10 wrong and can only take the test twice.

Take it or leave it

Waitress Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

Applied for the job, went in for an interview, arrived early, waited for about 30 minutes for other people to finish up their interview. I was asked one question. I was asked only one question and was offered the job right on the spot

Anonymous Employee in Walpole, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Walpole, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse in December 2014.

Had a friend refer me, went in to meet the manager was told to apply online. Applied online Sunday, got a call the next day to interview Wednesday. Went in for the interview and was told I would hear back by Saturday. Didn't hear back so I called on Sunday to find out that I didn't get the job. I believe I didn't get the job because I am an older woman.

Servers Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

Filled out paper application and promptly received a call from the manager. Interviewed with the manager, Boss. Seemed like an initial screening. Asked questions about myself. Was called back for a second interview. Interviewed with the managing partner Jon. Asked more questions about myself and why I want to work at TXRH. Jon hired me during the second interview and started orientation right after.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot think of a question that was especially difficult to answer or that took me by surprise.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

Open interviews on Tuesdays and it was a one on one interview. I was hired on the spot by the General Manager. The interview overall was short and easy. No second interview was required.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked basic questions like why did I want to work there? What did I know about the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bend, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bend, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

There were two interviews. First was with Travis, really nice and was only min long then the next day was with Ryan which was "can you be a closer?" Ya "ok you start on monday" so pretty easy...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Berlin, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Berlin, WI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse in November 2014.

You first get a phone interview and they ask you a few basic questions. You then interview in person with the service manager. They ask you the average questions you get at an interview. Why you want to work there, what brought you to Texas Roadhouse and such.If you do good on that , then another interview with the Managing Partner will finish the process. The M.P. asks questions similar to the service manager. They are the ones who will hire you. I personally was hired on the spot and started training the next day.

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

Applied for job in person, was told the same day by manager to come back in a couple of days for a interview after interview I was hired on spot and started working within a week. Job was good pays alright you have to be good with people to make really good tips and you cannot mess up on a lot of orders.