Texas Roadhouse

1.7

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walpole, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walpole, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse in December 2014.

Had a friend refer me, went in to meet the manager was told to apply online. Applied online Sunday, got a call the next day to interview Wednesday. Went in for the interview and was told I would hear back by Saturday. Didn't hear back so I called on Sunday to find out that I didn't get the job. I believe I didn't get the job because I am an older woman.

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Roadhouse

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

Applied for job in person, was told the same day by manager to come back in a couple of days for a interview after interview I was hired on spot and started working within a week. Job was good pays alright you have to be good with people to make really good tips and you cannot mess up on a lot of orders.

Server Interview

Great communication - 2 interview process with Assistant and General Manager. Got hired within a week - great questions, easy to get along with, great environment to interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

I applied online and got a call from the manager the next day asking me to come in for an interview. The first interview was easy and I was only asked questions about myself. What I liked to do, where I attended school, any extracurricular activities I did, etc. I was hired on the spot. Went back the next day for a 2 hour orientation with the head manager who was not nearly as friendly as the secondary manager.

Interview Questions
    Working around my school hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

I applied to Texas Roadhouse online using snagajob.com. A few days later I got a call from them asking if I was still interested in coming in for an interview. We scheduled one for that same day. I wore slacks, tucked in polo nice shoes and belt. They took me to a table where I waited for about 10 minute and I went over my resume with one of the managers. They pretty much go down your resume and you just talk about where you work now, why you are looking for other work, obviously you get the question "tell me about yourself". I just told them about where I was going to school, where I currently work, my past restaurant work and told them what I like to do outside of work. Then they did ask where I want to be in 5 years which obviously I want to be finished with my degree and working in that field but I added that I love the service industry so I could also easily see myself still serving on the side. He invited me back the next day to meet front of house manager. The interview was pretty much all the same stuff as the first one, we talked about being required to line dance every hour went over general policies and how the training process goes. I seriously thought that was it but then she said they have a 3 step interview process so I had to schedule another one to meet with the GM. Still haven't done that interview but I'm hoping that if they keep passing me to the next manager it must be a good sign. this roadhouse doesn't allow tattoos to be showing but mine were showing in all my interviews. I just told them I would get a shirt to cover them if I am offered a position., that seemed perfectly fine by them. The servers all seem relaxed and it's dark in there so even if you are a little nervous the dim lighting is pretty calming.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

Applied on-line through Snag-A-Job. Called back in 2 days.
    Interviews were short; each lasting no more than twenty minutes.
    There were 2 interviews; one with service manager the other with the managing partner.

I was informed we line dance every hour ( expected that going into it )
    I was informed about side work and scheduling procedures.
    I was informed we get 3 table sections.
    I was informed of how servers were trained.

Why Texas Roadhouse?
    Are you okay with Line Dancing?
    How do you handle upset customers?
    Why was I leaving current/past job(s)?
    How do I like my current job?
    If they called current employer what would they say about me?
    Name 2 strengths and 1 weakness?
    Tell me about a time when you worked as a team?

I had no previous serving experience but I had prior restaurant jobs.

On a side note the hiring documentation concerning company policies was easy to read and was well organized. It was a positive experience.

Servers receive $2.83 / hour + tips in PA

Server Interview

Interviewed with two managers. The first interview was with the service manager. It was your traditional interview. Nothing too hard. A week or two later, I got a call for another interview. The second 'interview' was with the managing partner. A few questions were asked but it mostly consisted of what the job entailed. I had to wait a few weeks for orientation before I could start.

Server Interview

Very short, didn't get asked many questions

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse in October 2013.

Really easy. Open interviews every Wednesday at 4. I enjoyed the interview actually. It was low stress and the managers were really great. I didn't need any prior knowledge of meat or anything. Just be yourself, be kind, and swoon them.

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

First interview consisted of a couple questions and lasted about 5 minutes. 2nd interview was slightly more in depth.