Texas Roadhouse Server Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse (Mobile, AL).

Interview

I was asked to sit at a table by the bar.. after waiting about 30 minutes finally spoke with service manager, then after waiting another 30 minutes spoke with general manager. Only spoke with each manager for about 10 minutes a piece. Very unprofessional but easy. was hired on the spot

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Roadhouse

Anonymous Employee in Walpole, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse (Walpole, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

Had a friend refer me, went in to meet the manager was told to apply online. Applied online Sunday, got a call the next day to interview Wednesday. Went in for the interview and was told I would hear back by Saturday. Didn't hear back so I called on Sunday to find out that I didn't get the job. I believe I didn't get the job because I am an older woman.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Berlin, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse (New Berlin, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

You first get a phone interview and they ask you a few basic questions. You then interview in person with the service manager. They ask you the average questions you get at an interview. Why you want to work there, what brought you to Texas Roadhouse and such.If you do good on that , then another interview with the Managing Partner will finish the process. The M.P. asks questions similar to the service manager. They are the ones who will hire you. I personally was hired on the spot and started training the next day.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about dancing?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

Interview

Applied for job in person, was told the same day by manager to come back in a couple of days for a interview after interview I was hired on spot and started working within a week. Job was good pays alright you have to be good with people to make really good tips and you cannot mess up on a lot of orders.

Server Interview

Interview

Great communication - 2 interview process with Assistant and General Manager. Got hired within a week - great questions, easy to get along with, great environment to interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse (Victoria, TX).

Interview

I applied online and got a call from the manager the next day asking me to come in for an interview. The first interview was easy and I was only asked questions about myself. What I liked to do, where I attended school, any extracurricular activities I did, etc. I was hired on the spot. Went back the next day for a 2 hour orientation with the head manager who was not nearly as friendly as the secondary manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Working around my school hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Roadhouse (Boise, ID).

Interview

I applied to Texas Roadhouse online using snagajob.com. A few days later I got a call from them asking if I was still interested in coming in for an interview. We scheduled one for that same day. I wore slacks, tucked in polo nice shoes and belt. They took me to a table where I waited for about 10 minute and I went over my resume with one of the managers. They pretty much go down your resume and you just talk about where you work now, why you are looking for other work, obviously you get the question "tell me about yourself". I just told them about where I was going to school, where I currently work, my past restaurant work and told them what I like to do outside of work. Then they did ask where I want to be in 5 years which obviously I want to be finished with my degree and working in that field but I added that I love the service industry so I could also easily see myself still serving on the side. He invited me back the next day to meet front of house manager. The interview was pretty much all the same stuff as the first one, we talked about being required to line dance every hour went over general policies and how the training process goes. I seriously thought that was it but then she said they have a 3 step interview process so I had to schedule another one to meet with the GM. Still haven't done that interview but I'm hoping that if they keep passing me to the next manager it must be a good sign. this roadhouse doesn't allow tattoos to be showing but mine were showing in all my interviews. I just told them I would get a shirt to cover them if I am offered a position., that seemed perfectly fine by them. The servers all seem relaxed and it's dark in there so even if you are a little nervous the dim lighting is pretty calming.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

Apply online, then you have two interviews in person. One with the front of house manager, one with the general manager. They ask you a series of questions online, in person they ask you the same things but it's more personal and in depth.

Server Interview

Interview

Interviewed with two managers. The first interview was with the service manager. It was your traditional interview. Nothing too hard. A week or two later, I got a call for another interview. The second 'interview' was with the managing partner. A few questions were asked but it mostly consisted of what the job entailed. I had to wait a few weeks for orientation before I could start.

Server Interview

Interview

Very short, didn't get asked many questions