Texas Roadhouse

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boise, ID

I applied online and interviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

Interview Details – I applied to Texas Roadhouse online using snagajob.com. A few days later I got a call from them asking if I was still interested in coming in for an interview. We scheduled one for that same day. I wore slacks, tucked in polo nice shoes and belt. They took me to a table where I waited for about 10 minute and I went over my resume with one of the managers. They pretty much go down your resume and you just talk about where you work now, why you are looking for other work, obviously you get the question "tell me about yourself". I just told them about where I was going to school, where I currently work, my past restaurant work and told them what I like to do outside of work. Then they did ask where I want to be in 5 years which obviously I want to be finished with my degree and working in that field but I added that I love the service industry so I could also easily see myself still serving on the side. He invited me back the next day to meet front of house manager. The interview was pretty much all the same stuff as the first one, we talked about being required to line dance every hour went over general policies and how the training process goes. I seriously thought that was it but then she said they have a 3 step interview process so I had to schedule another one to meet with the GM. Still haven't done that interview but I'm hoping that if they keep passing me to the next manager it must be a good sign. this roadhouse doesn't allow tattoos to be showing but mine were showing in all my interviews. I just told them I would get a shirt to cover them if I am offered a position., that seemed perfectly fine by them. The servers all seem relaxed and it's dark in there so even if you are a little nervous the dim lighting is pretty calming.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   View Answer

Server

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

Interview Details – Applied on-line through Snag-A-Job. Called back in 2 days.
Interviews were short; each lasting no more than twenty minutes.
There were 2 interviews; one with service manager the other with the managing partner.

I was informed we line dance every hour ( expected that going into it )
I was informed about side work and scheduling procedures.
I was informed we get 3 table sections.
I was informed of how servers were trained.

Why Texas Roadhouse?
Are you okay with Line Dancing?
How do you handle upset customers?
Why was I leaving current/past job(s)?
How do I like my current job?
If they called current employer what would they say about me?
Name 2 strengths and 1 weakness?
Tell me about a time when you worked as a team?

I had no previous serving experience but I had prior restaurant jobs.

On a side note the hiring documentation concerning company policies was easy to read and was well organized. It was a positive experience.

Interview Question – Can you line dance every hour?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Servers receive $2.83 / hour + tips in PA

Gastonia, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas Roadhouse in February 2011.

Interview Details – Fill out application- return M-R before 4 PM. If they like your application, they'll call and ask you to come in and speak with a manager. Sometimes it will be right after you hand them your application. Honestly, if you don't get asked back, it's because you don't have any work experience at all (and they might make you a host).

Interview Question – Standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. $2.13/ hour + Tips. 3% of your overall sales (no matter what you received in tips) is tipped out to bussers, hosts, and silver rollers.

Server

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas Roadhouse in October 2013.

Interview Details – Really easy. Open interviews every Wednesday at 4. I enjoyed the interview actually. It was low stress and the managers were really great. I didn't need any prior knowledge of meat or anything. Just be yourself, be kind, and swoon them.

Interview Question – Why shouldn't I hire you?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Texas Roadhouse in March 2013.

Interview Details – Went at 3pm before the restaurant opened (It's open for dinners only). The manager who interviewed me was very young and didn't strike me as very professional. She was taking the interview a little too seriously and I didn't find any room to really accentuate my personality into the conversation that didn't end up with an odd reaction (which is a first for me, I normally get along with all of my interviewers but she was sort of...a wall). I was informed that servers line dance every 45 minutes...I can think of way better things I can be doing so I decided not to pursue this past the first interview.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Servers are required to line dance every 45 minutes. I am better served using that time to run drinks or food or take care of my tables.

Tracy, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Texas Roadhouse in December 2012.

Interview Details – Initial screening to see if you are viable. Second round interview. Orientation. Hire

Interview Question – Nothing really. Its pretty basic stuff   Answer Question

Interviewed at Texas Roadhouse

Interview Details – Interviewed with two managers. The first interview was with the service manager. It was your traditional interview. Nothing too hard. A week or two later, I got a call for another interview. The second 'interview' was with the managing partner. A few questions were asked but it mostly consisted of what the job entailed. I had to wait a few weeks for orientation before I could start.

Interview Question – What was your least favorite job?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Texas Roadhouse

Interview Details – Very short, didn't get asked many questions

Server

I applied online and interviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

Interview Details – First interview consisted of a couple questions and lasted about 5 minutes. 2nd interview was slightly more in depth.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   View Answer

Findlay, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Texas Roadhouse in March 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out an application, turned it into a manager and they called me within a few days. I went in they asked me one question and I started the following day. It was such a smooth and easy process.

Interview Question – The only question asked was why I wanted to work at Texas Roadhouse?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Texas Roadhouse

Worked for Texas Roadhouse? Contribute to the Community!