Texas Roadhouse Texas Roadhouse Hostess Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in White Marsh, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Texas Roadhouse (White Marsh, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Both of my interviews only took about 10 minutes. Mainly asked me open ended questions about myself. My availability, why I chose the company, how much I would want to be paid, and other scenario questions. Both managers were very nice and I think the interviews went really well

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Roadhouse

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harlingen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Roadhouse (Harlingen, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

This was my first interview, so I wouldn't have anything to compare it to, but overall, it went fairly well. The only time they were rude was the face they made when I told them that I am sixteen. Other than that it was an alright experience. I was interviewed by two managers, separately, both were very professional and kind. Although I didn't get an offer, it was good interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

• You're young, why do you want to work already?   2 Answers

Texas Roadhouse Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

Interview

The interview process was rather detailed compared to other companies that I have interviewed with. In total, I had 3 interviews, 2 with department managers and 1 final interview with the managing partner. The questions asked were basic in nature, but the sheer number of interviews requires dedication and the approval of several people. The job is basic, but this hiring process does aid in eliminating employees that a high end, employee driven, restaurant would not want working for them.

Interview Questions

• Like stated, the questions were basic in nature and nothing to expect out of the ordinary of a standard interview process. These consisted of availability, most difficult customer experience, weaknesses/strengths, the usual.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation process as this is an entry level job.

Texas Roadhouse Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

Interview

Interview first with the Key manager, then the next day with the General Manager.

Anonymous Employee in Trexlertown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Roadhouse (Trexlertown, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Upon entering my interview, it was evident that they were optimistic about hiring me. There were no questions about previous employment or skills that I may possess. It was a relatively easy interview for a high school job. After interviewing with the service manager, I interviewed with the general manager and it was evident that he was going to hire me from the moment that I walked in. Also, it was mid-February when I interviewed and they were a little desperate for extra help.

Interview Questions

• What other activities do you participate in and will the interfere with your potential work schedule?   1 Answer

Texas Roadhouse Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

Interview

I went in and asked for an interview they told me to come back the next day the manager was busy the next day so I came back the next day and had my interview. it took about 15 min the manager was very nice they asked basic questions ex: what do you do on your free time , what do you do for fun

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Texas Roadhouse (Wilmington, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

I went and got a application on Friday and filled it out and on Sunday my parents had went and turned it in for me since they were going for a business like dinner and I had things to do. The manager wanted to talk to me that night and since I wasn't there he said for me to come in Tuesday at such and such time to speak with him. I go in Tuesday he basically sits with me and asks "Why do you want to work here?' "Do you do any clubs or sports?" "What do you do in that club that resembles team work?" then asked stuff about payment and availability. He then told me to come in on Thursday at such and such time to meet with the managing partner. Today I went in and met with him. He met with another girl first and afterwards he shook his head, mostly because (i'm guessing here) she was very stone like. No emotion or smiling. He then went and sat with me asked how my day was and everything. He told me he was worried that when school starts back in the fall that since I will be coming in later (school gets out at 3:25 it's a 25 min drive) that i'll be closing and closing will last pretty late and it's a long drive back home so he didn't want to keep me from homework and blah blah blah. After the lecture about how it's a big responsibility he said for me to come in next Saturday for the orientation to wear jeans or shorts and bring bank info, ss, drivers licence and a pen to take notes. With the way everything went I felt like I didn't get the job especially because he didn't say anything about actually getting the job. Turns out I did lol. My advice for anyone applying, make sure to be very positive and smile a lot especially if the managers are kinda blah.

Interview Questions

• If you can pick the days of your schedule what would it look like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Angelo Junction, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Roadhouse (San Angelo Junction, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is very quick and easy. You mainly apply online and you are expected to get a phone call the following day after you apply. The interview is very quick, and questions are minimal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Roadhouse (Bangor, ME) in October 2012.

Interview

It may have just been my location, but I had to wait for over an hour just to have my interview. The interview took about twenty minutes, and the interviewer was nice enough. I was hired on the spot.

I got a another offer at a different company that I took over the Roadhouse.

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Roadhouse (Huntsville, AL) in August 2012.

Interview

The initial communication was lacking by playing phone tag with the managers. They take a few weeks to call you back after you've been hired. Training was lacking as well as communication. It's a fast paste environment with a large staff, so communication and training needed to be up to par. There are two interviews one before training ( the initial interview) and one after training ( the review interview). This was new for me and I completely appreciated it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was not a position for negotiating.