Texas Roadhouse

2.5

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse in October 2012.

It may have just been my location, but I had to wait for over an hour just to have my interview. The interview took about twenty minutes, and the interviewer was nice enough. I was hired on the spot.

I got a another offer at a different company that I took over the Roadhouse.

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Roadhouse

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse in June 2013.

I went and got a application on Friday and filled it out and on Sunday my parents had went and turned it in for me since they were going for a business like dinner and I had things to do. The manager wanted to talk to me that night and since I wasn't there he said for me to come in Tuesday at such and such time to speak with him. I go in Tuesday he basically sits with me and asks
    "Why do you want to work here?'
    "Do you do any clubs or sports?"
    "What do you do in that club that resembles team work?"
     then asked stuff about payment and availability. He then told me to come in on Thursday at such and such time to meet with the managing partner. Today I went in and met with him. He met with another girl first and afterwards he shook his head, mostly because (i'm guessing here) she was very stone like. No emotion or smiling. He then went and sat with me asked how my day was and everything. He told me he was worried that when school starts back in the fall that since I will be coming in later (school gets out at 3:25 it's a 25 min drive) that i'll be closing and closing will last pretty late and it's a long drive back home so he didn't want to keep me from homework and blah blah blah. After the lecture about how it's a big responsibility he said for me to come in next Saturday for the orientation to wear jeans or shorts and bring bank info, ss, drivers licence and a pen to take notes. With the way everything went I felt like I didn't get the job especially because he didn't say anything about actually getting the job. Turns out I did lol. My advice for anyone applying, make sure to be very positive and smile a lot especially if the managers are kinda blah.

Interview Questions
    • If you can pick the days of your schedule what would it look like?   Answer Question

Texas Roadhouse Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

I went in and asked for an interview they told me to come back the next day the manager was busy the next day so I came back the next day and had my interview. it took about 15 min the manager was very nice they asked basic questions ex: what do you do on your free time , what do you do for fun

Texas Roadhouse Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

The interview process was rather detailed compared to other companies that I have interviewed with. In total, I had 3 interviews, 2 with department managers and 1 final interview with the managing partner. The questions asked were basic in nature, but the sheer number of interviews requires dedication and the approval of several people. The job is basic, but this hiring process does aid in eliminating employees that a high end, employee driven, restaurant would not want working for them.

Interview Questions
    • Like stated, the questions were basic in nature and nothing to expect out of the ordinary of a standard interview process. These consisted of availability, most difficult customer experience, weaknesses/strengths, the usual.   Answer Question
    No negotiation process as this is an entry level job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Angelo Junction, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Angelo Junction, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse in January 2013.

The hiring process is very quick and easy. You mainly apply online and you are expected to get a phone call the following day after you apply. The interview is very quick, and questions are minimal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse in August 2012.

The initial communication was lacking by playing phone tag with the managers. They take a few weeks to call you back after you've been hired. Training was lacking as well as communication. It's a fast paste environment with a large staff, so communication and training needed to be up to par. There are two interviews one before training ( the initial interview) and one after training ( the review interview). This was new for me and I completely appreciated it.

Interview Questions
    It was not a position for negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse in May 2008.

It was very simple. I walked in, filled out an application and was asked to come back between 2 and 4. A good tip is ALWAYS apply during the week days, between 2 and 4 or you application will basically be thrown away. A manager doesn't want to deal with applicants on a holiday or busy weekend evening, yet a surprising amount of people still do that. One thing that that helped me get the job was prior experience. When I came back and hour or so later I met with the Front of the House manager and she asked me questions related to how I would do the job, handle angry customers, etc. One specific I can remember is she asked me to imitate how I would greet customers and what I would say while seating them. I was offered the job on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse in May 2012.

I went on about 3 interviews. Each one of the managers interviewed me individually. I had orientation for one day. That was followed by a week of training. I ended it off by taking 2 tests. A hostess test which is very easy if payed attention during training and a menu test which is very hard and you have to study for it on your own. I passed both and they decided to hire me. You get only 2 chances to take each test

Texas Roadhouse Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Texas Roadhouse.

Interview first with the Key manager, then the next day with the General Manager.