Texas State Interview Questions in Austin, TX

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.3

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas State (San Marcos, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process was fairly simple; I showed my previous work and my credentials. I was asked questions about the work and it was explained what I would be doing in the lab. Since I was already acquainted with the interviewer, it was fairly informal.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the projects you have worked on in the past?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant I- Registrar's Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas State (San Marcos, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online and interviewed a little over a month later. Panel interview of 4, business casual. Nice folks and they liked to joke around. Mostly typical questions like "Why did you apply?" and "How do you respond to stress?" I was told that a decision would be made at the end of the week and then all applicants would be informed of the outcome. That was three months ago and still no word. That happened last time I interviewed here too. Guess they don't feel the need to actually follow up with the losers.

Interview Questions

• They did some "got-cha" questions like "What is the fastest way to select an entire table in Excel?" and "How do you use filters in Excel?" I would recommend brushing up on MS Office, just in case.   Answer Question

Information/Reservations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas State (San Marcos, TX).

Interview

Hiring process was a breeze, asked simple get to know you questions. Student oriented work style, meaning your manager were students just like you.

Interview Questions

• Get to know you questions, major? When do you graduate? What your interest are?   Answer Question

Graduate Instructional Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas State (San Marcos, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Before each semester, there will be some availability for the GIA position. You just fill out the application form online and then submit it. Later you will receive some confirmation letter and ask you for a short interview. You should bring your resume together with the unofficial transcript, and they just ask some brief questions about Object Oriented Programming, C++, data structure, etc. Then, you may get hired!

Cashier- Parking Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas State (San Marcos, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Typing test with one 3 min. warm up and then a 5 min. test. Required to make 35 WPM. Hiring Panel of 5. Business Casual. Interview lasted about 45 min. It was not really difficult, but it does seem like much ado about what is essentially a cashier position. I applied in early Jan., was interviewed in mid- Feb., and then I was told that it may be up to 4 weeks before I hear any news. It is a long process.

Interview Questions

• What is diversity and why is it important?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed about a policy or rule, but you regret mentioning it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you have worked with someone you disliked.   Answer Question
    • Describe yourself in five words.   Answer Question

Recieved better offer.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas State (San Marcos, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied and was called within a few days. Was then scheduled for an interview during the week and was let know about the job the following Monday.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas State (San Marcos, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process is literally picking a professor and asking if they have any research opportunities. It really isn't much more than that except filing some paperwork when they give you the yes to go ahead. Just be confident that the person you want to work for is actually worth working for.

Interview Questions

• What are your interests in the field of computer science?   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Texas State (San Marcos, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Face to face interview. Three people panel. Questions related to the job.

Negotiation

None. It's a public university.

Graduate Instructional Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I interviewed at Texas State (San Marcos, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

One Face to Face interview. regarding programming skills, databases,operating systems, management skills, networking skills.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas State (San Marcos, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Very Casual usually works if you have had a few classes with the Professor. Honestly there really was no interview I just recommend taking a few classes and be passionate about the subject your Professor teaches.