Texas State

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant I- Registrar's Office Interview

San Marcos, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Texas State in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and interviewed a little over a month later. Panel interview of 4, business casual. Nice folks and they liked to joke around. Mostly typical questions like "Why did you apply?" and "How do you respond to stress?" I was told that a decision would be made at the end of the week and then all applicants would be informed of the outcome. That was three months ago and still no word. That happened last time I interviewed here too. Guess they don't feel the need to actually follow up with the losers.

Interview Question – They did some "got-cha" questions like "What is the fastest way to select an entire table in Excel?" and "How do you use filters in Excel?" I would recommend brushing up on MS Office, just in case.   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Student Worker
San Marcos, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Texas State in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied and was called within a few days. Was then scheduled for an interview during the week and was let know about the job the following Monday.

Very Easy Interview

Information/Reservations Interview

San Marcos, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Texas State.

Interview Details – Hiring process was a breeze, asked simple get to know you questions. Student oriented work style, meaning your manager were students just like you.

Interview Question – Get to know you questions, major? When do you graduate? What your interest are?   Answer Question

Graduate Instructional Assistant Interview

Graduate Instructional Assistant
San Marcos, TX

I interviewed at Texas State in March 2012.

Interview Details – One Face to Face interview. regarding programming skills, databases,operating systems, management skills, networking skills.

Interview Question – About Hardware   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
San Marcos, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Texas State in May 2012.

Interview Details – Face to face interview. Three people panel. Questions related to the job.

Negotiation Details – None. It's a public university.

Cashier- Parking Services Interview

San Marcos, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Texas State in February 2013.

Interview Details – Typing test with one 3 min. warm up and then a 5 min. test. Required to make 35 WPM. Hiring Panel of 5. Business Casual. Interview lasted about 45 min. It was not really difficult, but it does seem like much ado about what is essentially a cashier position. I applied in early Jan., was interviewed in mid- Feb., and then I was told that it may be up to 4 weeks before I hear any news. It is a long process.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Recieved better offer.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
San Marcos, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Texas State in July 2010.

Interview Details – Online Application

Interview Question – Questions related to your past experience   Answer Question

Writer/Editor Interview

San Marcos, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Texas State in March 2009.

Interview Details – It took a long time between the submission of the application and when I was contacted for an interview. The interview was soon afterward, though. The interview was with the entire staff of 12 people, with each asking one question, and then the director asking more.

Interview Question – I was asked how my job experience would translate to education.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no salary negotiation, since this is a state agency.

Lecturer Interview

San Marcos, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Texas State in May 2010.

Interview Details – Gave a presentation on how I would teach the students.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. I was give the small amount I would get each semester. Horrible pay.

Very Easy Interview

Child Care Assistant Interview

San Marcos, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Texas State in September 2010.

Interview Details – I initially applied online and then came in for the in-person interview. I am a college student and was surprised by the level of professionalism at this child care center....a cut above the rest for sure.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I accepted the first offer, did not negotiate

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Texas State? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Texas State interview questions and advice in Austin, TX. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Texas State employees and interview candidates.