Texas Tech Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.5

Community Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Texas Tech.

First round of interviewing involved sitting with a current Community Advisor and a full-time department worker. It was simple question and answer, and none of the questions really caught me off guard. The next day I attended a group interview involving three activities. First I and many other candidates sat around a panel and we answered questions regarding how would would rank our work priorities and we came to a group decision. The next was a physical group puzzle we had to figure out with other applicants. Lastly we were put with a partner and asked to create an educational program for a random learning community. About a week later I received a job offer with assignment. I accepted. I filled out background check and took a urine drug test.

Interview Questions
    • "How would you interact with a diverse group of residents and connect with them?"   View Answer
    Not much in the way of negotiation, but once on the job my supervisors were flexible as long as core responsibilities are met.

Student Assistant Interview

Emailed the director and he gave me a time and place to meet with him and other staff members. He took a while to get back to me, but they were at a point where they were desperate for help and he finally contacted me.

Interview Questions
    Nothing to negotiate. I knew everything that was expected going in.

Research Assistant Interview

GRC is organizing nearly 600 Conferences and Seminars in 2014 and 2015. Meetings will be held in New England, California and Texas in the United States, and internationally in Italy, Spain and Hong Kong, China. Click the Conferences menu on the left for a complete list of meetings.

For over 75 years, GRC's high-quality, cost-effective meetings have been recognized as the world's premier scientific conferences, where leading investigators from around the globe discuss their latest work and future challenges in a uniquely informal, interactive format. Apply to a Gordon Research Conference or Gordon Research Seminar now and see why attendees consistently rate them "the best conference I've attended this year".

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Texas Tech.

Communicated with my supervisor during classes. Discussed opportunities and projects.

Student Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Texas Tech.

I applied through an online job posting and received a call within the same week. The recruiter asked few questions over the phone and proceeded to schedule an in-person interview with the manager and assistant manager. I was told to send him documentation afterwards and I received an offer a day later.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Tech.

I contacted a professor at TTU about my interest in attending grad school there. We communicated via email and set up a time for me to visit and meet with several professors to see where I fit in best. I was given a tour of the facilities and met with other students. The meetings with each professor were very casual, and they were all interested in finding the best place for me. It was overall a pleasant and low pressure experience.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was more of an informal meeting to get to know each other. We discussed my expectations and theirs as well as my past experience and research interests.   Answer Question

IT Help Central Desktop Support Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Texas Tech.

Signed up for an interview online; got a phone call to come in and interview. Got the job days later.

Research Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Texas Tech.

Just a casual interview with some technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • nothing like that. good knowledge on your projects is a plus   Answer Question
    Im student and there was'nt any negotiation.

Student Supervisor Interview

Follow-up after applying to schedule an interview, then after one interviewing session you will either be hired or they will choose to move onto another candidate.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Texas Tech in January 2014.

Applied online, few weeks later got called in for an interview. Went for an interview and got a call next day with an offer. Accepted offer and started few weeks later

Interview Questions
    • Easy ,no difficult questions. Talked about future responsibilities and functions of the department. Interviewed with a panel   Answer Question
    N/a