Texas Tech Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.5

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Texas Tech.

Interview

I was given the job. No interview was required as the entire performance during the first year of graduate studies was evaluated as crieteria for enrolling as research assistant. Students at Texas Tech have a flexible program where during the second year we are given the option of either taking up an internship research project under one of the professors guidance or at an industry for one year. Research assistanship is given based on project similarities

Interview Questions

• Basic knowledge about molecular biology and RNA Nucleic acid extraction quantification Sequencing knowledge Illumina synthesis chemistry   Answer Question

Programmer/Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Texas Tech.

Interview

Straightforward questions about background, experience and education. I was interview by two people. It was a relaxed interview. The hiring process was fast. I got the job offer the same day granted I passed the background check.

Resident Physician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Tech (El Paso, TX).

Interview

Panel of 4 faculty will interview. A tour in the hospital. Lunch is provided. The interview day is proceeded by dinner with the residents at the Double Tree Hotel. Residents are friendly and nice.

Community Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Tech (Lubbock, TX).

Interview

First round of interviewing involved sitting with a current Community Advisor and a full-time department worker. It was simple question and answer, and none of the questions really caught me off guard. The next day I attended a group interview involving three activities. First I and many other candidates sat around a panel and we answered questions regarding how would would rank our work priorities and we came to a group decision. The next was a physical group puzzle we had to figure out with other applicants. Lastly we were put with a partner and asked to create an educational program for a random learning community. About a week later I received a job offer with assignment. I accepted. I filled out background check and took a urine drug test.

Interview Questions

• "How would you interact with a diverse group of residents and connect with them?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much in the way of negotiation, but once on the job my supervisors were flexible as long as core responsibilities are met.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Texas Tech (Lubbock, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview process is very quick. they do not keep you waiting for results after interview. I applied for the job and I got a call for an interview in 2 to 3 days. Interview was technical and focused on job requirements. Interviewer explained all job responsibilities and duties one need to perform on job. After interview I got mail with job offer on same day.

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

Emailed the director and he gave me a time and place to meet with him and other staff members. He took a while to get back to me, but they were at a point where they were desperate for help and he finally contacted me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate. I knew everything that was expected going in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Texas Tech (Lubbock, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews and even third interviews.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

GRC is organizing nearly 600 Conferences and Seminars in 2014 and 2015. Meetings will be held in New England, California and Texas in the United States, and internationally in Italy, Spain and Hong Kong, China. Click the Conferences menu on the left for a complete list of meetings. For over 75 years, GRC's high-quality, cost-effective meetings have been recognized as the world's premier scientific conferences, where leading investigators from around the globe discuss their latest work and future challenges in a uniquely informal, interactive format. Apply to a Gordon Research Conference or Gordon Research Seminar now and see why attendees consistently rate them "the best conference I've attended this year".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Tech (Lubbock, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online got and friend already working there referred me email for the interview. interview was very simple and easy.Questions like, if working part time will affect my education in any way ? s also asked about team work and have i ever had conflicts in the team before ? would i be needing supervision to work etc.Got the reply via email about joining date

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were behavioral and how can i work in a team ?   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Tech (Lubbock, TX).

Interview

Communicated with my supervisor during classes. Discussed opportunities and projects.