Textron

43 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Textron.

Interview Details – I applied for a summer intern position around September and they got back to me within a month. This was all done online so I was notified through email. I had an initial phone interview that lasted about 40 minutes and it was mostly behavioral. I was interviewed by two engineers and they were friendly. Unfortunately, they did not get back to me.

Interview Question – What do you think is your greatest weakness.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Textron in November 2013.

Interview Details – First round phone screening. Second round was a phone interview that lasted about an hour asking basing behavioral questions (nothing too difficult)

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult to answer, pretty basic questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Textron requires their employees to relocate quite often. I had another offer that allowed for a more permanent living situation but all in all, it seemed like a great company to work for.

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Electrical Engineering Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Textron.

Interview Details – General questions about my resume and work experience

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. They asked about my experience with CAD, PSPICE   Answer Question

Interviewed at Textron

Interview Details – Phone Interview first, In person interview afterwards

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions   Answer Question

Apple At-Home Advisor Interview

Apple At-Home Advisor

I applied online - interviewed at Textron in January 2014.

Interview Details – Process took about 2 months between making contact with a rep, taking an info session on-line, applying, and the actual interview.

Interviewer was very serious and put me in a difficult situation by re-enacting a customer complaint online. Know how to deal with people pissed at you and steps you can take to fix their problems.

Interview Question – What is your most difficult technical problem you have had to solve?   Answer Question

College Park, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Textron in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through my school's career website. After 1 week, I received an email to schedule an interview on campus. The interview was with 2 people. One of them was an HR person and the other was a current intern. I was unable to attend the second round interview that same day

Interview Question – What type of management do you prefer?
Why Finance?
  View Answer

Augusta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Textron.

Interview Details – Had one interview on campus then a second one in Augusta at their EZGO headquarters.
Had a tour and info session there and met with two upper level people at EZGO. They gave us lunch and we socialized with the employes and each other. Very typical questions. They were really friendly and inviting.

Interview Question – Asked a lot about our past experience and situational.   Answer Question

Employee Relations Supervisor Interview

Employee Relations Supervisor
Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Textron.

Interview Details – Applied for position and was contacted within a few weeks. Did a telephone interview with HR and then a face to face. There were several 1:1 interviews and tour of the plant. I was introduced to numerous people during the tour and given a high level explanation of the work and the challenges supervisors faced.

Interview Question – Describe a time you faced conflict between team members. How did you respond?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation ability. It was a rough economy and I was just out of school. I did receive comp time for all hours over 40 that I worked a week. That raised my salary to a degree.

Contracts Interview

Contracts

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Textron.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interviews. one on campus, and one at the office.

Interview Question – Can you tell me about the different businesses at Textron?   Answer Question

Finance New Graduate Textron Systems Interview

Finance New Graduate Textron Systems
New Orleans, LA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Textron in November 2013.

Interview Details – On Campus interview, got a phone call after submitting my resume a few weeks earlier and set up an interview two days later. I was interviewed by 2 people in from the LA office. I prepared for the "Walk me through your resume", "Why Textron" ,"Difficult situation", and "What makes you an outstanding candidate?" type of behavioral questions. I also studied the company's history and the Systems division. Sort of strange when I walked in, one interviewer was significantly more active and one was hard to connect with.

Interview Question – The questions I found difficult or unexpected were "Tell me about a time you got the ball rolling in a situation." and "A situation where you had someone in a group who lagged (difficult member of a group)". Also there was a question like "Tell me about a time you had to learn quickly/ overcome difficulty on a project or assignment." Also something very unexpected was "I see excel on your resume, do you know any other types of software, access?"

Another question that was difficult: "A situation where things were not going your way/ you faced a roadblock, and what you did?"
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Textron

Worked for Textron? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Textron interview questions and advice. All 43 interview reviews posted anonymously by Textron employees and interview candidates.