Textron

45 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online - interviewed at Textron in October 2013.

Interview Details – It was a rather quick process. The interview was speed dating style. You came in with a group of people and you were directed to certain rooms to interview with three different people. I spoke with three engineers, I know some others ended up speaking with engineers and people in HR.

Interview Question – no hard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got a call a few hours after my interview telling me I'd gotten the job. I received and e-mail with a contract with in a week.The pay scale works on experience; those going into their senior year make more than these going into their junior year.

Supply Chain Interview

Supply Chain

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Textron in August 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very lengthy as it was 90 days between the application and the offer letter. One of the unexpected processes was the need to supply 7 years of income verification from my IRS returns. There were 4 different interview scenarios over a 2 month period. Future applicants should take detailed notes on the players as three of the interviews were done over the phone rather than in person.

Interview Question – There were not any difficult or unexpected questions. There were 3 different interviews composed of different members of the department, but nothing strange.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They were not a bit negotiable. There was a mid-point of the pay range for the position and they hit it and would not budge. The only are of flexibility would have been a start date.

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Textron.

Interview Details – I applied for a summer intern position around September and they got back to me within a month. This was all done online so I was notified through email. I had an initial phone interview that lasted about 40 minutes and it was mostly behavioral. I was interviewed by two engineers and they were friendly. Unfortunately, they did not get back to me.

Interview Question – What do you think is your greatest weakness.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Textron in November 2013.

Interview Details – First round phone screening. Second round was a phone interview that lasted about an hour asking basing behavioral questions (nothing too difficult)

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult to answer, pretty basic questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Textron requires their employees to relocate quite often. I had another offer that allowed for a more permanent living situation but all in all, it seemed like a great company to work for.

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Electrical Engineering Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Textron.

Interview Details – General questions about my resume and work experience

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. They asked about my experience with CAD, PSPICE   Answer Question

Interviewed at Textron

Interview Details – Phone Interview first, In person interview afterwards

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions   Answer Question

Apple At-Home Advisor Interview

Apple At-Home Advisor

I applied online - interviewed at Textron in January 2014.

Interview Details – Process took about 2 months between making contact with a rep, taking an info session on-line, applying, and the actual interview.

Interviewer was very serious and put me in a difficult situation by re-enacting a customer complaint online. Know how to deal with people pissed at you and steps you can take to fix their problems.

Interview Question – What is your most difficult technical problem you have had to solve?   Answer Question

College Park, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Textron in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through my school's career website. After 1 week, I received an email to schedule an interview on campus. The interview was with 2 people. One of them was an HR person and the other was a current intern. I was unable to attend the second round interview that same day

Interview Question – What type of management do you prefer?
Why Finance?
  View Answer

Augusta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Textron.

Interview Details – Had one interview on campus then a second one in Augusta at their EZGO headquarters.
Had a tour and info session there and met with two upper level people at EZGO. They gave us lunch and we socialized with the employes and each other. Very typical questions. They were really friendly and inviting.

Interview Question – Asked a lot about our past experience and situational.   Answer Question

Employee Relations Supervisor Interview

Employee Relations Supervisor
Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Textron.

Interview Details – Applied for position and was contacted within a few weeks. Did a telephone interview with HR and then a face to face. There were several 1:1 interviews and tour of the plant. I was introduced to numerous people during the tour and given a high level explanation of the work and the challenges supervisors faced.

Interview Question – Describe a time you faced conflict between team members. How did you respond?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation ability. It was a rough economy and I was just out of school. I did receive comp time for all hours over 40 that I worked a week. That raised my salary to a degree.

Worked for Textron? Contribute to the Community!