Thales Avionics Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.7

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Thales Avionics (Irvine, CA).

Interview

HR takes forever. there were a few managers asking questions and writing down answers. pretty standard questions; what kind of PM are you? tell about a time where you had conflict, what are the best qualities of a PM. what are your strengths weaknesses. there are 3 or 4 buldings and there was confusion as to which one i had to be at for the interview. HR rep had to figure it out last minute. place looks nice, and was quite diverse. HR is not very good at negotiating, i got a good offer, higher than most companeis and accepted. it was good.

Interview Questions

• what kind of PM are you? tell about a time where you had conflict, what are the best qualities of a PM? what are your stengths weaknesses   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thales Avionics (Irvine, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was notified of this job through a friend of mine and I applied through HR. The process took about two weeks. The hiring manager set me up with an interview with one of the software engineers. I was asked questions about Java/C++ and mostly job experience questions. I was notified in less than a week about the job.

Interview Questions

• What the three main differences between C++ and Java are, and which one is better.   Answer Question

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thales Avionics (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview with the hiring manager was arranged by an internal recruiter, on short notice, with the main objective to evaluate specific needs for the position. I received a call at the exact time scheduled, the hiring manager was very professional and polite. I enjoyed talking to him for around 50 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my resume and current job experience, but also about what I new about Thales. Nothing tricky or unexpected.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thales Avionics (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Very nice interviewer, the entire processes was seamless and everything happened quick and promptly. I was scheduled for an interview on the same day I was contacted. The interview happened a week later through the phone and the interviewer asked basic questions that pertained to my resume. There were no trick questions.

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thales Avionics (Irvine, CA).

Interview

The business people are passionate about getting good match and are trying to think of making a difference. However either they don't want to pay the right people with the good package or the HR is completely disconnected. The HR is very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

There is serious disconnect between HR and Business. They want the best and not pay you enough... Unprofessional HR

Systems Project Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thales Avionics (Irvine, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Process was easy. HR took forever to respond. However, the pay was low and everyone did not seem to know how to answer my questions. HR could now answer about how their management structure was and how experienced their managers were.

Interview Questions

• Difficult question was as to why you want to work here.   1 Answer

Low pay and HR office unprofessional. Also, i read other reviews and it looks as though Thales Avionics, Inc. is a very unprofessional work place.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thales Avionics (Irvine, CA).

Interview

The interview with this company was by far the worst interview I have ever experienced. The person that I interview with kept yawning throughout the whole process. His yawning it was a distraction and I felt out of place. This was very unprofessional. He didn't really care for anything that came out of my mouth. At the end of the interview He asked if I had any question for him and when I was about to ask a question He cut me off.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thales Avionics (Irvine, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Two interviews, one with recruiter and one with the manager. Applied online and they called me pretty quickly. Both the interviews were fine, asked me questions about my experience. Interview was about 45 minutes with the manager. He asked various questions and seemed nice. He told me quite a bit about Thales and the job, seemed like a nice place to work. The people around we're nice and smiling.

Interview Questions

• No real tricky or difficult questions except maybe a question about where do I want to go in my career   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fine - no problems

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thales Avionics (Irvine, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Initially got a call from a consultancy, who arranged interview. Went there, but the job was not relevant. But the hiring manager liked me and my profile and hence referred to another hiring manager who was looking for my kind of skills. Then got second interview with another hiring manager, who was very technical. Was impressed by me and my interview and then had last interview with other heads of department, namely the architecture team, Development team, Testing Team. They all liked me. Interview questions were more technical checking whether I have the skills which they require, Also, brought out real time scenario and had to give solution for it.

Interview Questions

• A real time scenario when how to simulate an interrupt which can stop all the other services in Android   1 Answer

Negotiation

The HR was not ready to negotiate and stuck to the initial offer. But they were helpful in all other things

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Thales Avionics (Irvine, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Interview was completely relevant and pertent to the position. I had two interview with the team and one with the person who would be my boss. The questions were about quality engineering and were behavioral in nature. It took two weeks after the interview for them to make me an offer. The recruiter was very professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I researched the company. There were no trick questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made me a fair offer and I accepted. There were no negotiations