Thales Avionics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Thales Avionics.

Interview Details – Very nice interviewer, the entire processes was seamless and everything happened quick and promptly. I was scheduled for an interview on the same day I was contacted. The interview happened a week later through the phone and the interviewer asked basic questions that pertained to my resume. There were no trick questions.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Purchasing Interview

Purchasing
Irvine, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thales Avionics.

Interview Details – The business people are passionate about getting good match and are trying to think of making a difference. However either they don't want to pay the right people with the good package or the HR is completely disconnected. The HR is very unprofessional.

Interview Question – Not really   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – There is serious disconnect between HR and Business. They want the best and not pay you enough... Unprofessional HR

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thales Avionics in March 2013.

Interview Details – Two interviews, one with recruiter and one with the manager. Applied online and they called me pretty quickly. Both the interviews were fine, asked me questions about my experience. Interview was about 45 minutes with the manager. He asked various questions and seemed nice. He told me quite a bit about Thales and the job, seemed like a nice place to work. The people around we're nice and smiling.

Interview Question – No real tricky or difficult questions except maybe a question about where do I want to go in my career   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fine - no problems

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Thales Avionics.

Interview Details – The interview with this company was by far the worst interview I have ever experienced. The person that I interview with kept yawning throughout the whole process. His yawning it was a distraction and I felt out of place. This was very unprofessional. He didn't really care for anything that came out of my mouth. At the end of the interview He asked if I had any question for him and when I was about to ask a question He cut me off.

Interview Question – No real difficult question   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Thales Avionics in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was completely relevant and pertent to the position. I had two interview with the team and one with the person who would be my boss. The questions were about quality engineering and were behavioral in nature. It took two weeks after the interview for them to make me an offer. The recruiter was very professional and friendly.

Interview Question – They asked if I researched the company. There were no trick questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made me a fair offer and I accepted. There were no negotiations

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Irvine, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thales Avionics in August 2012.

Interview Details – Initially got a call from a consultancy, who arranged interview. Went there, but the job was not relevant. But the hiring manager liked me and my profile and hence referred to another hiring manager who was looking for my kind of skills. Then got second interview with another hiring manager, who was very technical. Was impressed by me and my interview and then had last interview with other heads of department, namely the architecture team, Development team, Testing Team. They all liked me.
Interview questions were more technical checking whether I have the skills which they require, Also, brought out real time scenario and had to give solution for it.

Interview Question – A real time scenario when how to simulate an interrupt which can stop all the other services in Android   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The HR was not ready to negotiate and stuck to the initial offer. But they were helpful in all other things

Software Test Engineer Interview

Software Test Engineer
Irvine, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Thales Avionics in September 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview then a face-to-ace

Interview Question – How would you find where the real problem is?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was the standard rate, non-negotiable

IFE Interview

IFE
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Thales Avionics in January 2014.

Interview Details – Initial contact by email then we agree on date and time for a phone interview then there was a second phone interview then we agree in person interview with department manager and hr

Interview Question – Nothing out of normal   View Answer

Industrial Engineer Interview

Industrial Engineer

Interviewed at Thales Avionics

Interview Details – I was referred by an internal employee and received a call within few weeks for a telephonic interview. After a brief telephonic interview with HR I was asked to come in for an on-site interview with manager, director and finally by VP of Operations and back to Director of HR. The entire hiring process took around 3-5 months which was mostly waiting for an official offer. Salary offer was tied to current compensation at old employer. Normally there's minimum room for negotiation. Otherwise, easy and direct questions. No case studies or in-depth cross questioning. As long as you can speak off your resume you should be fine.

Interview Question – No case studies, felt more like a open discussion and interviewer's spoke more about the business itself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary offer was tied to current compensation at old employer. Initial offer was around $1K over existing compensation. Since I got a pay hike (plus 5K) at my previous employer right after this interview, they agreed to match.

Hardware Engineering Interview

Hardware Engineering

The process took a day - interviewed at Thales Avionics in June 2010.

Interview Details – The job was optimising Ethernet and USB drivers on Lynux Works operating systems. The employer was well prepared in conducting the interview. They knew exactly what skills they wanted. I did not have Ethernet or USB driver experience. Although I have plenty of other experience in Linux Kernel development. The current client with global recession is possibly making employers to picky due the perception of lots of highly skilled engineers been available. Needles to say I was not offered this contract position

Interview Question – why do you want to work for us ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negociation

Worked for Thales Avionics? Contribute to the Community!