Thales

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Counsel Interview

Senior Counsel
Alexandria, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Thales.

Interview Details – Panel interview; seemed most like an assessment of chemistry/fit.

Interview Question – Do you work to live or live to work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fair and company was open to modest uptick. Overall pleased with process.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thales in June 2014.

Interview Details – 1. HR interview
2. Interview with different project managers to see which project was the best fit for me
3.Technical interview

Interview Question – Questions about queues, heaps, arrays, algorithms...   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Graduate Software Engineer
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Thales.

Interview Details – The hiring process consisted of application via the internet. The application specified degree type and course average cut off.

An HR person called me and after a chat I was invited to an assessment centre.

The assessment centre was a day long event with about 15 other applicants. It consisted of several group tasks during which we solved general engineering problems.

We then did a short presentation which led into a behavioural interview with an HR person and an Engineering Manager.

I received a call a week later to come into the office for a second interview. Which was a technical interview with the same Engineering Manager from the first interview, my future team leader, the head of software within the program I was applying for (who my team leader reports to) and a senior software engineer.

A few weeks later I was called and given a job offer.

As a side note if you work for Thales you will need to be able to get and hold a national security clearance issued by the Defence Department. This can be a highly intrusive process which includes thorough background checks. The type of checks that are done depends on the classification level of the clearance,

Interview Question – What is your understanding of the SDLC?
Whats the hardest technical issue you have resolved and how did you resolve it?
What technical skills do you have?
What units did you enjoy most at university and why?
Etc.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiaton. I didnt try so I dont know if they are open to it.

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Thales in May 2014.

Interview Details – Firstly, i got a phone interview about some general questions : my experiences, my degree. Next week, i had a video interview in their office with managers in Toronto. They are very nice and friendly. Interview was pretty relax, there are no technical question. That continue for about half an hour. There wasn't a technical interview after that as what they told about at phone.

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Thales in March 2010.

Interview Details – I met the manager at Job fair and have been called for interview by HR. I met a HR manager and the Hiring manager together. Few technical questions have been asked. When they called me they asked to send my expected salary for contract and for full time employee.

Interview Question – They asked me if I want to be under contract or full time employee. I said both work for me. When the called me for contract and just told me the salary. They did not give a chance for negotiation or discussing about it.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Thales.

Interview Details – 3 interviews and good explanation about the Job

Interview Question – How did you manage your own worklife balance?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Very Easy Interview

Validation and Verification Engineer Interview

Validation and Verification Engineer
L'Aquila (Italy)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Thales in October 2012.

Interview Details – i had half an interview

Interview Question – "know that what you are going to do here, you won't be able to reuse in other companies"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was non negotiation. take or leave. 1300€/month

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Human Resources Generalist
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Thales in January 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter called me on Tuesday about the position. I expressed an interest. Had telephone interview with recruiter on Wednesday. She was awful - really negative about the Company. Mainly spoke to me about the role. No real 'interview questions'.

Face to face interview with HR Manager on Friday. Really knowledgeable and honest. Actually enjoyable interview!

Interview Question – Why the move from Finance to Engineering - are you up to it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Final interview Friday morning. Offered Friday afternoon. Was crystal clear as to how much the role was signed off up to and I was firm with my expectations - offered top of the banding immediately.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Colombes (France)

I interviewed at Thales in September 2009.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interviews

First with HR- classic interview (resume and background review, why are you looking for a new opportunity,..)
Second round with operational people (no tricky question, only questions about resume and pas experience)
third round with service director same kind of behavioral questions.It didn't seem like they wanted to trick me or so

Interview Question – what would you do if you didn't try manage to achieve your goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not really

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Thales? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Thales interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Thales employees and interview candidates.