Thales UK Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.7

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thales UK.

I applied online and after 2 weeks got invitation for assessment centre. There it was group activity, written exercise and aptitude test. Not very difficult. Just stay focused and participate in group activity by giving your opinions.

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Thales UK in September 2014.

Candidate experience was woeful. Protracted and disjointed. 1 telephone, 3 face to face including an assessment centre which wasn't fully administered, psychometrics . Then no feedback at all. Chased but again no feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Questions in assessment centre were too basic for the role, altogether repetitive and there was no flow/joined up approach between the interviews   Answer Question

Summer Placement Interview

I applied to the Job only and completed a judgment test shortly after I was invited to an assessment centre

Interview Questions
    • The question were difficult as the recruitment process for placement students is almost identical to their graduate recruitment processs   Answer Question

Graduate Program (Software Engineer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockport, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Stockport, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thales UK in July 2012.

One telephone interview and an assessment day (runs through the morning until around 2pm). The assessment day begins with several group activities, then each person is interviewed on a 1:1 basis with the department (which you applied to) head and a HR representative.

I had another offer from a preferable employer

Infrastructure Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Thales UK in June 2010.

Initial contact came to me through an agency – The process of getting through the door and being interviewed was relatively painless and quite short, I was interviewed 10 days after I first spoke to the agency. The interview was panel of 2 - one Manager and technical lead who clearly knew his stuff although reverse psychology with him worked well and he was quick to answer my questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very technical but not difficult if you know your stuff - there was also a far bit that was culture based around fit and attitude to team environments   View Answer

Was offered a position closer to home so opted for the cost saving option of less commuting

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weybridge, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weybridge, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Thales UK in January 2010.

Telephone Interview + Assessment Centre + face to face interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were confronted by a challenging client / work colleague   View Answer

Project Procurement Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Thales UK in November 2009.

Weak

Weak

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Thales UK in April 2009.

The interview opened very friendly and almost informal but it soon became eveident that a lot of preparation had been done on the interview quetions. The questioning was very structured and had clear sections to asess all elements the role required.
    The interview sections included the obvious but also dug down into behaviours where I was guided to provide example.
    There was a good level of questioning and challenging, a lot more than one would normally expect in a Contractor interview.
    Overall the expereince was challening but also quite refreshing as it gave a opportunity to really dig down into the requirements of the role too.

Interview Questions
    • Descriibe your most complex change management experience, and how did you over come the complexities   Answer Question
    Open & Fair