The Acquisition Group

Updated Sep 2, 2014
Updated Sep 2, 2014

2.8

Junior Marketing Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Acquisition Group.

The process took around one week. They will call you to arrange a good time for the interview, the first round is only about the basic questions, and if you pass the first round, you get to go to the second round, and a SMC will interview you. SMCs(Senior Management Consultant) will ask you more about your personal experiences.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Acquisition Group.

I met with the HR manager. Easy interview with little to no questions. The interviewer just talked the entire time about the position and then asked if I could come in.

Interview Questions
    • What are the 3 main reasons for the failure of a business?   Answer Question

Long hour, no base salary

Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Acquisition Group.

I went into this interview knowing it was a 100% commission position, which I was not exactly keen on. I just went out of curiosity really.

Don't get a big head because they offered to give you a preliminary interview. They give a ton of interviews, and are most likely looking for desperate people who would sell their own grandmother for a commission, so to speak.

Junior Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Acquisition Group.

Be prepared to talk about subjects such as short term and long term goals, decision on employment is highly decided upon compatible personalities with you're interviewer. Confidence and knowledge about Telus Products is a great asset to any interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Acquisition Group in June 2014.

I had two rounds of interview. The first round was preliminary and it was about 15 mins. The manager asked me relatively simple questions such as my strengths, goals and my past work experiences. The second round was with two senior marketing consultants, but really they are all just sales people. The second round was about an 30 min interview where similar questions were asked. Then they told be about the pay structure (which is pure commission until you reach general manager) and advancement structure (basically if you reach certain amount of sales you advance into the next level. Then there was a final brief meeting with a general manager.

Senior Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Acquisition Group in May 2014.

The company was actually proactive and called me off of Monster after they saw my resume. I posted it not sure what to expect and was pleased to get a phone call / pre screening interview. We chatted a bit about my work history and then they invited me for a first interview in their office. The office was a little crazy; lots of energy and people and music! The first interview was short and sweet and covered the basics.

The second interview was like 40 minutes and covered a lot of information about their advancement structure (which is why I took the job) and the pay structure and training and stuff.

There was a last interview with the office manager who asked a few more questions to sort of find out if I could really commit to the job and then I was super relieved to get an offer! The offer was reliant on passing a backcheck though and then signing the offer contract.

Overall a good learning experience and a great job opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to give them a real life example of a scenario in my previous job where I showed leadership and took initiative.   Answer Question
    offer, contract, backcheck, orientation/trial day to meet the team, then fully on board!

Entry Level Marketing and Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at The Acquisition Group.

At the interview they talk to you about the company and then they ask you about your experience. The walls of the office where bright pink and electro music was out loud at the reception, I didnt like that at all.

Interview Questions

The job hours... forget your social life and your mental health. 11 am-11pm monday to friday and saturday 12-6pm.

Sales and Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Acquisition Group in April 2014.

I applied online and received a call to discuss my resume. They asked me a couple questions and then invited me in for a preliminary interview. I was insanely nervous!! The prelim wasn't so bad though. Mostly basic questions about your work history and availabilty, but they also made a point of asking me about my interests and goals and like where I wanna be in a career. It was nice that they took some time to get to know me.

I got invited back for a second interview. This one was wayyy longer. Like forty five minutes. But they went over everything in super detail. They talked about all the daily duties and different roles, the complete advancement structure so you could find out how quickly you could move into management and then all of the compensation and earning opportunities that goes with each step.

There was a 'final' interview but it was really short. Just got asked a couple of questions from the manager to make sure that I was really serious about the role. They seem so invested in what they're doing so they wanna make sure you are gonna be too.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 6 months - personally and professionally? And where do you see yourself in the next 5 years personally and professionally?

I guess it's not super hard, but people don't usually ask you those sort of questions and if you're not used to thinking about it, it can be kind of a shock! It made me super nervous... but it was pretty cool that they wanted to know and it was pretty cool to actually think about it.
        View Answer
    I had to complete a background check and sign a basic contract. Pretty simple. Just needed my ID.

Junior Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Acquisition Group in April 2014.

1st interview by the general manager, I think she done the interview a lot, cause the whole interview only took less than 10 mins. She basically asked a bunch of short questions such as when can you start, if you can work 6 days/week etc. Also ask about my background and some questions from my resume, pretty standard. Then went on talking a bit on the company itself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at The Acquisition Group in April 2014.

I just got first interview from them, looks not professional, reception play very loud music, like you are in a club, very simply question, just review your resume, let you talk about your work history then ask what you want to get from your future job, what factors make the company fail...