The Addison Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Addison Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Addison Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was a brief phone screening, very simple easy basic interview questions. Anyone who has ever completed an interview should be able to do this interview easily. The interviewer was very nice and followed up our interview with an email that contained more details about the position. I chose not to accept the offer of a further interview because the position did not seem to fit what I was looking for.

IT Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Addison Group (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

This was the perfunctory interview to see if the candidate has a tail, is a cyclops, or drools incessantly. The interview consisted of standard questions that were repeated from the initial phone interview I had when first contacted about the position. I got the feeling that the recruiter had no idea about what my job entails. The job description was very generic, but the recruiter asked me if I would accept the job if it was offered. Didn't have a good feeling about things when I left.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Addison Group.

Interview

I initially submitted my resume to them for their help in finding me a job, to which they invited me to their office and proceeded to interview me for a position within the company. It took me a few minutes to realize they were interviewing me, when I was not interested in being a recruiter. There must have been a lack of communication, but the two other recruiters they sent in were incredibly unprofessional and proceeded to tell me they hated their job and would love to do anything but it. The last interviewer walked me out after the uncomfortable interview (mostly which he called me "a hot chick"), and told me they would be calling me back next week for a second interview. Never received a call.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with failure? Are you okay working in a non-politically correct environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Addison Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Simple and straight forward. Thoroughly examined resume but no difficult questions. Almost 3 hours long with 4 different people in total. Asked questions as to why this was the right company and how I had come to that decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous positions   1 Answer

Oil & Gas Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Addison Group (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

It's was very formal and yet comfortable. Since it is a staffing company, they asked a lot of your interest so that they can place you on a career you would like and actually thrive. They asked about your strong points and additional skill sets. They asked why you left your previous employer and so on and how do you see yourself moving forward. It was a nice interview all in all.

Interview Questions

• Since throughout your work history, you seemed to focus on a certain path ie. Oil and gas. Is that where you see yourself on going forward or are you thinking of going a different direction?   1 Answer

BDM Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Addison Group.

Interview

Initially contacted by their contracted recruiter, who quickly setup an in person interview with the hiring manager. The interview was relatively laid back, no tough questions. Position was offered within a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You can negotiate.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Addison Group (Boston, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

What a waste of time! I am a PMP, CSM and they brought me all the way to their office without showing my resume to the HM for some company they are overcharging for staffing services. They want $$$$. Cheap dates and a huge database. They love to waste peoples time. Don't waste yours.

IT Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Addison Group in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by an IT Recruiter who found me on LinkedIn and set up an interview with her over the phone. I met with like 6 or 7 people individually on interview day, one after the other. They each gave me a background of who they were and then asked me virtually the same thing by each of them. I was prepared to ask questions about the company during the interview, but I was running out of things to say by the end since I didn't know I was meeting with so many of them and I got a lot of banal information since most my interviewees didn't even know they were going to meet me. I even met with someone for a completely different position/department since they were recruiting as well. This lasted a couple of hours and I left mentally exhausted. It seems like a great company to work for, but they probably won't take you if don't appear naturally confident and audacious.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were faced with a problem and how you found a solution.   Answer Question

Datacenter Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Addison Group (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty smooth. Had two phone interview and one face-to-face with the local senior technician. I really can't remember the exact questions that they asked, but I remember it being pretty easy. I have never worked in the datacenter before, so they didn't really asked too much questions pertaining to datacenter technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation phase went well. I was granted the offer that I requested. My advice though is to shoot high with your offer. In which I wish I would have done first.

Temp Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Addison Group (Dallas, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

A recruiter from this agency contacted me after seeing my resume online. The recruiter asked for my references upfront before meeting me and I thought that was inappropriate. On the company's online application it said list as many references as possible and it had seven lines to fill in former managers and co-workers contact information. I thought seven references was too much and I left it blank. I was considering not even going to the interview the next day because I wasn't sure if the company was legitimate or just a place that was gathering business contacts. The recruiter asked for my references a second time during the job interview and I said I would send them later. Three or four days later they offered me a one week temp job paying $1 less than what I had asked for. I turned it down because I being considered for a long term position with another agency. The recruiter asked me the name of the other agency, the name of company where they were going to send me, what were the job duties and the pay rate of the position. I contacted the recruiter a week and a half later to say I was still available and she asked for my references a third time! I ended up getting a job with another company.