The Aerospace Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2014
Updated Oct 4, 2014

2.5

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at The Aerospace Corporation.

It a penal of technical presentation.
    It was friendly interaction.

HR is very very very slow. They are very inefficient.
    You need to closely in contact with your hiring manager during entire process.
    If you don't have any patients then this is not right environment for you.

Interview Questions
    • What is your salary expectation and your current salary?   View Answer
    None. Either accept or not

Summer(Software) Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Aerospace Corporation.

Hiring process was pretty straightforward. Only a couple of questions were technical (just to get a gage of your experience). A lot of the questions revolved around how you would deal with certain problems, how you would approach a task, how you would react to certain scenarios. They asked about projects that I had worked on, what kind of projects I ran into while working on these , and how I dealt with them, etc.

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Aerospace Corporation.

Ask pretty standard questions which mostly consisted of behavioral. Interviewers also asked for examples of said behavioral questions. If your applying to a position not particularly related to the aerospace division, they asked why you picked your chosen major. I was talked to by my potential 2 hiring managers in their civil division. They actually called me one day before to schedule an interview because it was coming towards the end of summer and i assumed they were still in need of interns.

Interview Questions
    • There were no technical questions for the internship. Examples of behavior questions include: When was a time you displayed leadership, What are you strengths and weaknesses, and When was a time you faced extreme difficulty and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Aerospace Corporation.

Applied through college recruitment and followed up online. Interview was given a month later after I applied online. Interview was just a bunch of questions about what they did and if I know the stuff. Very polite interviewer.

Undergraduate Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at The Aerospace Corporation.

Turned in resume at college career fair, followed up by applying online on their website. Received a screening phone call, followed by a phone interview with my would-be supervisor. He said that he saw resume from the online submission rather than the college one. Offer extended 2 weeks later for $23.50/hr. Process was smooth and interviewer was very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary, pretty standard behavioral and background questions.   Answer Question

Accepted an offer at a different company that better aligned with my career goals.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at The Aerospace Corporation in April 2014.

Originally interviewed at a college career fair, and was told that I would make a great candidate. Interviewed on-site April 2014.

Gave a 45-min talk, followed by several 1/1 interviews to gauge my interest in their areas. Taken on a tour of entire facility, as well as out to restaurant in nearby town. Interview ended with several standard questions they needed answered to satisfy HR - they admitted a lot of their questions were purely for legal reasons! Entire interview lasted about 8 hours. They told me they were very impressed, asked me about a start date, you name it.

Was then told I would hear back in about a month. I check in at the 1 month point, and was told they were interviewing other candidates, and to expect a decision in a couple more weeks. [That came as a shock, since the position was tailored for me!] Then two more weeks came, and no reply. In fact it has been 4 months, and not a word.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked a couple questions about my research in terms of future development. More of a rhetorical question.   Answer Question

Vibro-acoustics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at The Aerospace Corporation in March 2014.

The process was extremely unorganized and unprofessional. I'm sure the company is great, however the individuals in the group I applied with appeared lazy and unwilling to work. I came in very eager and excited to apply my knowledge and skillset, while management continuously told me about lag time between projects and to expect "boring" days. I interviewed in March and received no communication until August. The only reason I heard anything was because I contacted the hiring manager, and the head of HR on numerous occasions. Once I spoke with HR, they told me to expect a written offer within the week; the week went by with no response since the HR representative handling my profile decided to drop everything and take a little vacation. Eventually this misery ended after 4 more phone calls to HR and a terse email to the hiring manager. I was notified that they found somebody more qualified in vibro-acoustic engineering. Ironic, considering I went to Georgia Tech and obtained a masters degree in aerospace engineering specializing in acoustics and vibrations. I think more qualified probably means cheaper. My primary regret is passing up additional responsibilities with my current employer at the expense of prospectively being hired by such a slow and disorganized company. Expect nothing less from an FFRDC. It's dangerous for a company to fabricate no tangible products, spawn zero innovation, and simply consult on the same outdated information or decades. This was a blessing in disguise.

Interview Questions
    • Why was your GPA in graduate school lower than undergraduate?   View Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Aerospace Corporation in March 2014.

I applied online after hearing about the job through a university listing. I was contacted by the hiring manager for the position for a phone interview. The phone interview was around 30 minutes long. Afterwards, the hiring manager contacted me letting me know that I did not have the experience necessary for the position.

Systems Engineer At Aerospace Corporation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at The Aerospace Corporation.

Filled out application form on line; personal interviews by 6 persons all in one day; had to wait until a hiring freeze ended; offer letter sent

Interview Questions
    • The morning interviews were easy; then was taken to a big lunch; after lunch was interviewed by the manager who asked a lot of very good, detailed questions while I was in a too relaxed frame of mind. The message here is to be sharp and ready for every interview even if your earlier interviews went very well.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Aerospace Corporation.

The human resources department and the hiring manager contacted me very quickly following my request for an application. I had an interview scheduled within a few weeks of completing my application. I was interviewed by an HR employee, the hiring manager and several other senior staff. I was also given a tour of the facilities. They knew I was on a shortened timeline to make a decision and offered me a position within a few weeks of the interview.