The Aerospace Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.4

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Aerospace Corporation.

Interview

I had a 45 minute phone interview with who would end up being my direct supervisor. It was very casual and only involved discussing details mentioned on the resume that I submitted online related to the position. It was very much an unscripted interview, so YMMV. Overall, it was a good experience.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Aerospace Corporation in April 2015.

Interview

Got a short 15 min phone call from a manager to discuss my background and CV, and schedule a time for the full phone interview. The actual interview lasted about an hour, there were 3 people on the line, mostly asking behavior and experience questions. It took a while (~ 1 month) for them to get back to me and it took even longer for an official offer and information to come through.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness? What makes you qualified for this job?   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Aerospace Corporation (Blacksburg, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Emailed the recruiter with resume. Interview was set up within a week. However, they already had about 10 more candidates than needed qualify, so they preemptively told me that they probably were not looking for more interns.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult challenge you've faced when writing a program. How would you rate your effectiveness in Java, C, SQL, etc.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at The Aerospace Corporation (El Segundo, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied Online Got a phone call to schedule a phone interview Got a Phone Interview - Described my interest in position was asked several technical questions Got an Interview - Questions all day long, Meet and Greet with all the departments took about 5 months from applying to getting an interview and I hear that's pretty quick

Interview Questions

• Regular interview questions, concerned about team work and problem solving   1 Answer

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at The Aerospace Corporation.

Interview

It a penal of technical presentation. It was friendly interaction. HR is very very very slow. They are very inefficient. You need to closely in contact with your hiring manager during entire process. If you don't have any patients then this is not right environment for you.

Interview Questions

• What is your salary expectation and your current salary?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Either accept or not

Summer(Software) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Aerospace Corporation.

Interview

Hiring process was pretty straightforward. Only a couple of questions were technical (just to get a gage of your experience). A lot of the questions revolved around how you would deal with certain problems, how you would approach a task, how you would react to certain scenarios. They asked about projects that I had worked on, what kind of projects I ran into while working on these , and how I dealt with them, etc.

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Aerospace Corporation.

Interview

Ask pretty standard questions which mostly consisted of behavioral. Interviewers also asked for examples of said behavioral questions. If your applying to a position not particularly related to the aerospace division, they asked why you picked your chosen major. I was talked to by my potential 2 hiring managers in their civil division. They actually called me one day before to schedule an interview because it was coming towards the end of summer and i assumed they were still in need of interns.

Interview Questions

• There were no technical questions for the internship. Examples of behavior questions include: When was a time you displayed leadership, What are you strengths and weaknesses, and When was a time you faced extreme difficulty and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Structures Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Aerospace Corporation in June 2014.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview with the hiring manager and was hired for the internship pretty much on the spot. I think they wanted to hire someone quickly and kind of last minute for the summer so it's possible I got away easy. The only thing that took a while was HR processing everything, which took nearly a month.

Interview Questions

• I was asked really basic questions such as my strengths and weaknesses and a few questions about my background.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Aerospace Corporation.

Interview

Applied through college recruitment and followed up online. Interview was given a month later after I applied online. Interview was just a bunch of questions about what they did and if I know the stuff. Very polite interviewer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at The Aerospace Corporation.

Interview

Turned in resume at college career fair, followed up by applying online on their website. Received a screening phone call, followed by a phone interview with my would-be supervisor. He said that he saw resume from the online submission rather than the college one. Offer extended 2 weeks later for $23.50/hr. Process was smooth and interviewer was very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, pretty standard behavioral and background questions.   Answer Question

Accepted an offer at a different company that better aligned with my career goals.