The Arc

Very Easy Interview

Certified Medication Assistant Interview

Certified Medication Assistant
Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at The Arc in January 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring takes a while due to there being a very demanding background check. I was very comfortable in my interview though. The people are very friendly and they made me feel at home!

Interview Question – Asking about shots and physical.   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Administration
Clinton Township, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Arc in November 2011.

Interview Details – Still to this day, all applications are accepted in person only. It was a very informal panel interview. The bulk of the questions were referring to situational circumstances involving individuals with disabilities. After the interview and hiring, it took about two weeks for the background checks to come back.

Professional Interview

Professional
Birmingham, AL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Arc.

Interview Details – Hiring process is sometimes slow

CSS Interview

CSS
Annapolis, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Arc in December 2012.

Interview Details – I printed of my application on their website and took the application into the office which i also found on their website. That same day I had my interview, it was very quick and straight to the point mainly because my family works for the company and they already knew me, i started work the next day. I do have a record that I had to explain.

Interview Question – they asked why i wanted the job and am i prepared to work with people who are handicapped.   View Answer

Grant Writer Interview

Grant Writer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Arc.

Interview Details – There was an initial telephone interview, followed by two in person interviews and one writing assignment. The in person interviews were split between interviewing with the director and the panel of program managers.

Your interview is performed by the director, who likes to have his hands in all of the business going on at the organization.

Interview Question – The questions were overall difficult and required high levels of critical thinking. The director likes people who are very regimented.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable and no holiday time for the first year.

Residential Supervisor Interview

Residential Supervisor
Gary, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at The Arc in June 2009.

Interview Details – as long as you pass background check and drug test you should be hired

Interview Question – one question i remember is about work different shifts,   Answer Question

Development Interview

Development
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Arc in December 2010.

Interview Details – This organization took forever to get back to me with a decision,

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – It wasn't a good fit for me as far as compensation

Direct Support Supervisor Interview

Direct Support Supervisor

The process took a day - interviewed at The Arc in April 2010.

Interview Details – I walked in to the ARC of Bradford to inqire about a job and was told to go the Florida Works to put in an application. I then came back and filled out a second application at the office. Within a day I was contacted by management, who were very tentative about offering me a position because of my extensive experience and education. When I reassured them that I actually wanted the job they were very apologetic about the salary and benefits offered. They seemed very happy that I would accept what they had to offer, and told me that there was upward mobility in the company that would be available soon.

Interview Question – How would you handle an out-of-control client?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate at all - salary and benefits were set by state minimum guidelines.

Anonymous Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at The Arc in February 2009.

Interview Details – I came in and was interviewed with another lady. It was uncomforatbe; because I was dressed professionally and both the other girl and the interviewer where in jeans and a t-shirt. It was also obvious she was going to hire both of us but was asking us questions to see what program we would fit in. It was also obvious she thought I would be promoted fast becuase she kept asking me about what I would do if I was approched my the superiors.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Worked for The Arc? Contribute to the Community!