The Arc Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2014
Updated Aug 6, 2014

2.7

Employment Support Specialist (Job Coach) Interview

Basic questions like. Why do you apply for this position? What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? When were you in a difficult situation at a former or current job and how did you handle it?

I started off as a part time coach. I was told I will get paid 13$ an hour

Certified Medication Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tuscaloosa, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at The Arc in January 2014.

The hiring takes a while due to there being a very demanding background check. I was very comfortable in my interview though. The people are very friendly and they made me feel at home!

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clinton Township, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton Township, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Arc in November 2011.

Still to this day, all applications are accepted in person only. It was a very informal panel interview. The bulk of the questions were referring to situational circumstances involving individuals with disabilities. After the interview and hiring, it took about two weeks for the background checks to come back.

Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Arc.

Hiring process is sometimes slow

CSS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Annapolis, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Arc in December 2012.

I printed of my application on their website and took the application into the office which i also found on their website. That same day I had my interview, it was very quick and straight to the point mainly because my family works for the company and they already knew me, i started work the next day. I do have a record that I had to explain.

Interview Questions
    • they asked why i wanted the job and am i prepared to work with people who are handicapped.   View Answer

Grant Writer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Arc.

There was an initial telephone interview, followed by two in person interviews and one writing assignment. The in person interviews were split between interviewing with the director and the panel of program managers.

Your interview is performed by the director, who likes to have his hands in all of the business going on at the organization.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were overall difficult and required high levels of critical thinking. The director likes people who are very regimented.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable and no holiday time for the first year.

Residential Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gary, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gary, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at The Arc in June 2009.

as long as you pass background check and drug test you should be hired

Interview Questions
    • one question i remember is about work different shifts,   Answer Question

Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Arc in December 2010.

This organization took forever to get back to me with a decision,

Interview Questions

It wasn't a good fit for me as far as compensation

Direct Support Supervisor Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at The Arc in April 2010.

I walked in to the ARC of Bradford to inqire about a job and was told to go the Florida Works to put in an application. I then came back and filled out a second application at the office. Within a day I was contacted by management, who were very tentative about offering me a position because of my extensive experience and education. When I reassured them that I actually wanted the job they were very apologetic about the salary and benefits offered. They seemed very happy that I would accept what they had to offer, and told me that there was upward mobility in the company that would be available soon.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate at all - salary and benefits were set by state minimum guidelines.

Anonymous Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at The Arc in February 2009.

I came in and was interviewed with another lady. It was uncomforatbe; because I was dressed professionally and both the other girl and the interviewer where in jeans and a t-shirt. It was also obvious she was going to hire both of us but was asking us questions to see what program we would fit in. It was also obvious she thought I would be promoted fast becuase she kept asking me about what I would do if I was approched my the superiors.

Interview Questions

Worked for The Arc? Contribute to the Community!