The Art Institute of Austin

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied online and interviewed at The Art Institute of Austin.

Interview Details – Very detailed explanation of structure and job duties. Had to return several time and was kept waiting for hours. Listened to the interviewed talk more than talked myself. They are most concerned with candidates who will not challenge the process.

Interview Question – All interview questions were generic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Art Institute of Austin in January 2013.

Interview Details – I had 2 interviews for the Recruiter position - one was more like a group info session, and then if you were still interested you could wait for your own 10 minute interview. This went well, and I received a callback interview. The second interview was a panel interview with 3 managers. This also went well, though it was becoming obvious to all of us that it wasn't a good fit for me. The very next day I received a call from the dept manager wanting me to consider an alternate position. I shadowed someone for about an hour, then we had another private interview. Ultimately, they offered me the position, which I turned down. I will say that I enjoyed every person I talked with and met. It seems like a great company with really great people. Even though I didn't take the position, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this company.

Interview Question – I don't remember any specific questions. There were lots of situation type questions and "tell us of a time" questions. Go in with lots of stories to choose from.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The position was different than I had originally applied. The salary was too low for me to work every Saturday.

Austin, TX

I applied online and interviewed at The Art Institute of Austin.

Interview Details – Basic sales and recruiting questions. What motivates you? Are you competitive? Do you like working with others?

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected if you come prepared and are a good candidate for the position. The interviewers will know pretty fast if they like you or not and want to continue.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Art Institute of Austin.

Interview Details – The interview process keeps changing, but when I interviewed there was one interview with a Director of Admissions, then the Senior Director of Admissions, then the Campus President. Just an FYI - the job title is "ADA", but you're actually just a recruiter. Beware though, that if you interview and they like you, they'll want you to start ASAP. There is a high turnover rate here, and there are always openings.

Interview Question – Nothing was really unexpected. I mean, it's a sales job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate. But I will tell you that they present the salary as an annual salary; after you've received the paperwork you'll see that it's actually really an hourly position.

Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Art Institute of Austin in November 2011.

Interview Details – Met with the Director and Senior Directors. They are seeing your communication skills, and really if they like you. Can you get them to talk and feel comfortable around you.

Interview Question – asked "what is my biggest risk if I hire you?" which is difficult being that it is a double negative.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they had to go to the regional admissions director...they could only offer the first offer.

Worked for The Art Institute of Austin? Contribute to the Community!