The Art Institute of Austin

Updated Oct 21, 2014

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Art Institute of Austin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online – interviewed at The Art Institute of Austin.

Very detailed explanation of structure and job duties. Had to return several time and was kept waiting for hours. Listened to the interviewed talk more than talked myself. They are most concerned with candidates who will not challenge the process.

Interview Questions
    There was no room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online – interviewed at The Art Institute of Austin.

Basic sales and recruiting questions. What motivates you? Are you competitive? Do you like working with others?

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected if you come prepared and are a good candidate for the position. The interviewers will know pretty fast if they like you or not and want to continue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Art Institute of Austin.

The interview process keeps changing, but when I interviewed there was one interview with a Director of Admissions, then the Senior Director of Admissions, then the Campus President. Just an FYI - the job title is "ADA", but you're actually just a recruiter. Beware though, that if you interview and they like you, they'll want you to start ASAP. There is a high turnover rate here, and there are always openings.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really unexpected. I mean, it's a sales job.   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate. But I will tell you that they present the salary as an annual salary; after you've received the paperwork you'll see that it's actually really an hourly position.

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Art Institute of Austin in January 2013.

I had 2 interviews for the Recruiter position - one was more like a group info session, and then if you were still interested you could wait for your own 10 minute interview. This went well, and I received a callback interview. The second interview was a panel interview with 3 managers. This also went well, though it was becoming obvious to all of us that it wasn't a good fit for me. The very next day I received a call from the dept manager wanting me to consider an alternate position. I shadowed someone for about an hour, then we had another private interview. Ultimately, they offered me the position, which I turned down. I will say that I enjoyed every person I talked with and met. It seems like a great company with really great people. Even though I didn't take the position, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this company.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any specific questions. There were lots of situation type questions and "tell us of a time" questions. Go in with lots of stories to choose from.   Answer Question

The position was different than I had originally applied. The salary was too low for me to work every Saturday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Art Institute of Austin in November 2011.

Met with the Director and Senior Directors. They are seeing your communication skills, and really if they like you. Can you get them to talk and feel comfortable around you.

Interview Questions
    • asked "what is my biggest risk if I hire you?" which is difficult being that it is a double negative.   View Answer
    they had to go to the regional admissions director...they could only offer the first offer.

Associate Director of Admissions Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Art Institute of Austin in January 2014.

The process started out very proactive, with a phone interview quickly followed by a Skype interview. The Skype interview was with two senior managers, but after the Skype call, they completely dropped out of touch. They didn't respond to a follow-up email, and did not have the courtesy to discuss the outcome of the interview with me.

Interview Questions
    • They tested me on conversion rates from initial enquiry to application to enrolment.   Answer Question