The Art Institute of Seattle

www.artinstitutes.edu
Profile Unclaimed

The Art Institute of Seattle Assistant Director of Admissions Interview Questions

Updated Jan 8, 2015
Updated Jan 8, 2015

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Art Institute of Seattle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at The Art Institute of Seattle.

Applied online through AiS careers page. Was called a week later to set a phone interview day and time with HR. Had HR phone interview a couple days later. Lasted about 30 minutes. Was asked basic "qualifying "questions. Was told at the end of the phone interview that she would like to set up an in person interview for the following week. Went in the next week and meet with the Director of Admissions and a lead ADA. Interview lasted about an hour and then they asked me to sit down with a recently hired ADA to chat about her experience and viewpoint on the position. That lasted about 30 minutes. Two weeks after my in person interview i was called by the Director and given a job and salary offer which i negotiated and after about a ten minute conversation , i accepted the position at the new negotiated salary. I started at AiS exactly 2 weeks later wuth one other person.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of the best and worst supervisors you have worked under?
    How do you handle constructive criticism?

Answer Question
I negotiated the offered salary over the phone at the time of employment offer. There was an obvious am out of wiggle room the Director had to work with and salary negotiation seemed expected on the companies behalf.

Other Interview Reviews for The Art Institute of Seattle

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Art Institute of Seattle in July 2012.

There is a group interview and if they deem you worthy they follow up with an individual interview. After that if they are still interested they will schedule you for another interview. In my case I was told they were running my background and reference checks (which took three weeks). I was under the impression I was going to be hired, all of my references were great. Then at the last minute they called to say they were going a different direction. My advice would be don't slow down on your job search to wait for this company! Also from everything I've gathered, employee moral especially for ADA's was very low. My best advise would be to steer clear all together.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about a former supervisor who you liked the management style of, and one that you didn't.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Art Institute of Seattle in August 2011.

I first had a pretty detailed phone screening. I was then asked to come to a informational presentation and very short, 5 minute, one on one interview. Next I was called in for a final interview with the Director of Admissions. From the time I actually applied for the job to the end of the interview process, it took one month.