The Art Institute of Tampa

Relevance Date Difficulty

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Adjunct Instructor
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Art Institute of Tampa.

Interview Details – Very straight forward. Position was advertised on their web site and I submitted my resume electronically. I was called within one week and an interview was scheduled. Interview consisted primarily of a review of my credentials to ensure I was qualified to teach the subject matter. Was asked to request and submit all transcripts for undergrad and graduate work. I was interviewed by the department director and the head of training. (Unfortunately, both of these positions have subsequently been eliminated.) Final step in selection process was preparing a 30 minute sample lesson and presenting it to a panel of three current instructors. Entire process took less than two weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected came up. Success in gaining a position is to meet the academic requirements stated for the position (usually a Master's degree with at least 18 grad hours in the subject matter to be taught.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. These are contract positions with a flat fee per class, take it or leave it.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for The Art Institute of Tampa? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Art Institute of Tampa interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by The Art Institute of Tampa employees and interview candidates.