The Art Institutes Assistant Director of Admissions Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.6

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Art Institutes.

Interview

The process was pretty easy. Come in for info and get called back in for interview. Job was offered a few days later. The interview questions made you think somewhat, but were not overly hard. I was interviewed by two different people and was told about the job and some of the pitfalls.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Art Institutes

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Art Institutes.

Interview

Invited to a group session where they gave an overview of the job and benifits candidates were then all ed to ask questions before we met one on one in a mini five minute interview.

Interview Questions

• tell me how you experience would translate to this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Art Institutes (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online through AiS careers page. Was called a week later to set a phone interview day and time with HR. Had HR phone interview a couple days later. Lasted about 30 minutes. Was asked basic "qualifying "questions. Was told at the end of the phone interview that she would like to set up an in person interview for the following week. Went in the next week and meet with the Director of Admissions and a lead ADA. Interview lasted about an hour and then they asked me to sit down with a recently hired ADA to chat about her experience and viewpoint on the position. That lasted about 30 minutes. Two weeks after my in person interview i was called by the Director and given a job and salary offer which i negotiated and after about a ten minute conversation , i accepted the position at the new negotiated salary. I started at AiS exactly 2 weeks later wuth one other person.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of the best and worst supervisors you have worked under? How do you handle constructive criticism?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated the offered salary over the phone at the time of employment offer. There was an obvious am out of wiggle room the Director had to work with and salary negotiation seemed expected on the companies behalf.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Art Institutes (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call to come in for an in-person interview after about a week. The interview ended up being a presentation for everyone that was called back, which was about 6 of us. If you were still interested, after they gave you the overview on how "amazing" the company is and how most of your time spend will be on the phone making cold calls to get students to come to the school, you could stay for a in person 5 minute interview due to the others waiting. It was basically a meet and greet. It felt positive, but after a week passed I sent her an email with no response and another a week later without any response on the process. To me, even if I didn't get the consideration for another interview I felt the lack of respect of my time even after trying to get an update through email.

Interview Questions

• What is something about you that I might know based on your resume?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Art Institutes (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Sent in my application through their online site, received an email within 2 days to set up an interview for the next week. I came through a referral so they were very excited to meet me. When I first got in they required that I fill out a full paper application, even though all of the information they were requesting was already submitted electronically. This was my first red flag, why waste 20 minutes of my time - so that I was then late to my interview - to fill out a paper application when one is already available to the company? The interview was based on this paper application and you could tell the application and resume was glanced over for a few seconds at most and they conducted the interview accordingly. If you invite someone in for an interview you would think they would have reviewed your resume for at least a couple minutes to get a slight feel of the person. They were not interested in anything but sales experience, even with a thorough background in education. No commission, but it is 100% a sales job. They described it as "only" 4 hours of cold calling a day, with other administrative tasks the rest of the day. Interview was less than 30 minutes with a tour around the building afterwards. Building was small and it made me uneasy that they were convincing mostly low-income students to pay $100k+ to attend an arts school. They were definitely looking for people who were hungry for the job, and I took the interview as a courtesy to my referrer, not because I truly wanted the position. I did not get the position, and found out through a letter at the end of the week. The entire process seemed dated, I didn't realize company's still sent rejection letters.

Interview Questions

• Questions were usual interview questions, kept asking if I had any sales experience.   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Interview

First, you will most likely go to a group interview where they tell you more about the job, then go to the second round of preliminary interviews, then final rounds of interviews with Senior Director and HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Art Institutes (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Apply online, then they shift through and call several canidates to come in for a presentation and mini interviews. They decided who should come in for interview with Sr. Director and to shadow one of the other Assistant Directors. Then they decide to make offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered me a figure, negotiated and got what I wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Art Institutes (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very detailed explanation of structure and job duties. Had to return several time and was kept waiting for hours. Listened to the interviewed talk more than talked myself. They are most concerned with candidates who will not challenge the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Art Institutes (Troy, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

First information sessions to learn about position. Multiple interviews after. Asked typical questions. Had maybe one or two phone interviews and two in person interviews. Small campus, one of the interviews was with the president of the college. Director kept asking me if I was still interested which I probably should have taken as I sign.

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Interview

Not an accurate title for the position. You're really an admissions counselor. Making up to a min of 100 calls daily.

Not interested