The Art Institutes (HQ) Assistant Director of Admissions Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.3

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ).

Invited to a group session where they gave an overview of the job and benifits candidates were then all ed to ask questions before we met one on one in a mini five minute interview.

Interview Questions
  • tell me how you experience would translate to this position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Art Institutes (HQ)

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ).

Sent in my application through their online site, received an email within 2 days to set up an interview for the next week. I came through a referral so they were very excited to meet me.

When I first got in they required that I fill out a full paper application, even though all of the information they were requesting was already submitted electronically. This was my first red flag, why waste 20 minutes of my time - so that I was then late to my interview - to fill out a paper application when one is already available to the company? The interview was based on this paper application and you could tell the application and resume was glanced over for a few seconds at most and they conducted the interview accordingly. If you invite someone in for an interview you would think they would have reviewed your resume for at least a couple minutes to get a slight feel of the person.

They were not interested in anything but sales experience, even with a thorough background in education. No commission, but it is 100% a sales job. They described it as "only" 4 hours of cold calling a day, with other administrative tasks the rest of the day. Interview was less than 30 minutes with a tour around the building afterwards. Building was small and it made me uneasy that they were convincing mostly low-income students to pay $100k+ to attend an arts school. They were definitely looking for people who were hungry for the job, and I took the interview as a courtesy to my referrer, not because I truly wanted the position. I did not get the position, and found out through a letter at the end of the week. The entire process seemed dated, I didn't realize company's still sent rejection letters.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were usual interview questions, kept asking if I had any sales experience.   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Not an accurate title for the position. You're really an admissions counselor. Making up to a min of 100 calls daily.

Not interested

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ) in May 2013.

Filled out a detailed 90 question survey. Was then asked to come in for an information session with other candidates. Was called about a week later for another interview with current employees. We were able to ask them questions about what they do.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ).

I received a call about a week later after I applied for the position. I had one interview and I was hired. It's very easy to get hired here.

Interview Questions
    • None. I was asked "why" I wanted the position. Overall, it was a very "to the point" interview process.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, take it or leave it. The company is on a very strict budget.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ) in November 2012.

1st = Group Interview. Very flashy, but very vague
    2nd= Met with Director of Admissions. Again, very flashy... and more of the focus on on her and her life story. Very weird.
    3rd= Met with the President of the Campus. Again, just weird. Non-job related questions and more of a life story/talking to fill quiet air. I found myself fishing for answers to try to get to the bottom of what it was that I would REALLY be doing in the position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I was promised a salary raise on an annual basis when I took the position. However, due to the decline in popularity among for-profit education (especially EDMC) it was recently announced that there were no longer raises or job advancement available.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ) in July 2012.

Took 2 Weeks to hear back after interview asked if I like helping people.

42K per year

Assistant Director of Admission Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ) in June 2012.

Very basic interview... nothing too specific... seems like they will hire most people who can speak well, and aren't on drugs.

Interview Questions
    • How will you stay motivated since we can't pay commission?   Answer Question
    • Out of 25 ADA's how high on the list do you think you can be after 6 months?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ) in April 2012.

Phone interview with recruiter. Then a group interview with other candidates. At the end of the group interview you will meet individually with the director who will ask you a few questions. If you make it to the next round you will meet with the senior director, HR and at least one director for a final interview. The key is to be animated and talkative. You may not receive an answer that day but a next day offer is expected.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty typical sales questions. How do you stay motivated when doing a task over and over again? (You make a lot of dials on the phone.)   Answer Question
    No negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ) in March 2012.

I was referred by a recruiter. First, had a group info session where they discussed what the position would entail. It was a very thorough presentation and quite comprehensive. There were six candidates in the room and it seemed crucial to ask questions and to stand out. Following, there was a one on one interview that lasted approximately five minutes. Received a call back a day later. Went back to be interviewed by the two directors and the executive director. I received news the same day by the recruiter that they wanted to make an offer. Less than a week later, HR contacted me with the salary offer and was informs there would be a background check.

Interview Questions
    I was offers a higher salary than the initial base that was mentioned and quite higher than my past salary so there seemed no need to negotiate.