The Art Institutes (HQ)

41 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

ADA Interview

ADA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ).

Interview Details – Group interview but I was the only there. they did a presentation of about the company and the position and after asked if i want to stay for some questions , got a call back for a second interview the next day, said to call me within the week for an answer and still waiting for a call.

Interview Question – What was the worse mistake have you made in your career and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Adjunct Faculty

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ).

Interview Details – It is online process....one phone interview. It takes a long time to go through the process....months before you have the training and then several months before you have a course.

Interview Question – none....can take months before you have a course to teach   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ).

Interview Details – I was called in for a group interview, and they were great about making this clear in the very beginning. However, when we all gathered to learn more about the position, the title was completely different. Yes, it would require some administrative tasks, but it was both confusing and frustrating to come in expecting the job description posted to be correct and instead to find a completely different job. It would have also been nice to know this before having to fill out an entire employment application.

Interview Question – I was only asked one question, as the interview was a brief time of one-on-one screening which included a short elevator pitch. "What three qualities would you use to describe you?"   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Admissions

Interviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ)

Interview Details – Not an accurate title for the position. You're really an admissions counselor. Making up to a min of 100 calls daily.

Interview Question – The whole process was too drawn out.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not interested

Chef Instructor Interview

Chef Instructor
Lenexa, KS

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ) in January 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed over the phone with the Director of the Culinary Program first. Then was phone interviewed with the Dean of Academic Affairs

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

ADA- Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

ADA- Assistant Director of Admissions
San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ) in April 2013.

Interview Details – the interview process was very fast and my recruiter was very thorough. I applied for the position in San Francisco. he replied to my application request in less that four days, and scheduled a group information session. the session was about two hours and it was worth every minute. He let us know exactly what we were going to be getting into and left no stone unturned. He was very honest about why people fail in their position and what keeps people from remaining in the company longer that a year and a half. after the interview i was even more encouraged to pursue the position further and i a sent the recruiter an email requesting a formal interview. he replied promptly and the interview was scheduled for the following day. so far that is where i am at in the interview process.

Interview Question – no questions asked during group session.   Answer Question

Career Services Advisor Interview

Career Services Advisor

Interview Details – Initially contacted through email about two weeks or so after putting in the application. Set up a phone interview from there and we agreed to a 10am appointment. Interviewer called at 9:30am despite the confirmed appointment. Pretty basic phone interview and an in person interview was offered at the end of the call. In person interviewed followed about a week later. Interviewer spent the time more so playing the role of bad cop and trying to, "paint as realistic of a picture," as possible without even taking the other side and making it seem like a solid opportunity worth pursuing. Walked away from the interview more impressed with the city itself than the company. Interviewer proceeded to call back three times (as a follow up of sorts?) without even once leaving a message.

Interview Question – Let's say you're short of your 85% quota for the month and you have a student who refuses to return your calls. What do you do?   Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ) in January 2012.

Interview Details – Was fed lies by all interviewers. Had four different phone interviews and one in person interview. Took about a month to get the job offer. The job description made it sound as if we were going to help people and run our own business, however, we are micro managed and feeding students lies.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult or unexpected they wanted to know about me and my background. They like people with a lot of drive and motivation, a bit of an ego can help you. That's if you really want to work for this company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was explained the pay range would go from 40-50k and I tried negotiating asking for 45. They offered 42 and said there was zero wiggle room to ask for more. Men definitely make more money at this company even though the women produce the best there.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ) in July 2012.

Interview Details – Took 2 Weeks to hear back after interview asked if I like helping people.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 42K per year

Very Easy Interview

Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ) in November 2012.

Interview Details – 1st = Group Interview. Very flashy, but very vague
2nd= Met with Director of Admissions. Again, very flashy... and more of the focus on on her and her life story. Very weird.
3rd= Met with the President of the Campus. Again, just weird. Non-job related questions and more of a life story/talking to fill quiet air. I found myself fishing for answers to try to get to the bottom of what it was that I would REALLY be doing in the position.

Interview Question – How do you feel about the for profit education?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was promised a salary raise on an annual basis when I took the position. However, due to the decline in popularity among for-profit education (especially EDMC) it was recently announced that there were no longer raises or job advancement available.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at The Art Institutes (HQ)

Worked for The Art Institutes (HQ)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Art Institutes (HQ) interview questions and advice. All 41 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Art Institutes (HQ) employees and interview candidates.