The Art Institutes (HQ)

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.6

Financial Aid Officer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ).

Had a couple of phone interviews along with a face to face. All of the interviews went well. They asked mostly about my experience and a few questions about what I liked and did not like about past jobs. Also wanted to know where I saw myself in the future

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ).

Sent in my application through their online site, received an email within 2 days to set up an interview for the next week. I came through a referral so they were very excited to meet me.

When I first got in they required that I fill out a full paper application, even though all of the information they were requesting was already submitted electronically. This was my first red flag, why waste 20 minutes of my time - so that I was then late to my interview - to fill out a paper application when one is already available to the company? The interview was based on this paper application and you could tell the application and resume was glanced over for a few seconds at most and they conducted the interview accordingly. If you invite someone in for an interview you would think they would have reviewed your resume for at least a couple minutes to get a slight feel of the person.

They were not interested in anything but sales experience, even with a thorough background in education. No commission, but it is 100% a sales job. They described it as "only" 4 hours of cold calling a day, with other administrative tasks the rest of the day. Interview was less than 30 minutes with a tour around the building afterwards. Building was small and it made me uneasy that they were convincing mostly low-income students to pay $100k+ to attend an arts school. They were definitely looking for people who were hungry for the job, and I took the interview as a courtesy to my referrer, not because I truly wanted the position. I did not get the position, and found out through a letter at the end of the week. The entire process seemed dated, I didn't realize company's still sent rejection letters.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were usual interview questions, kept asking if I had any sales experience.   Answer Question

ADA Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ).

Group interview but I was the only there. they did a presentation of about the company and the position and after asked if i want to stay for some questions , got a call back for a second interview the next day, said to call me within the week for an answer and still waiting for a call.

Interview Questions
    • What was the worse mistake have you made in your career and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ).

It is online process....one phone interview. It takes a long time to go through the process....months before you have the training and then several months before you have a course.

Interview Questions
    • none....can take months before you have a course to teach   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ).

I was called in for a group interview, and they were great about making this clear in the very beginning. However, when we all gathered to learn more about the position, the title was completely different. Yes, it would require some administrative tasks, but it was both confusing and frustrating to come in expecting the job description posted to be correct and instead to find a completely different job. It would have also been nice to know this before having to fill out an entire employment application.

Interview Questions
    • I was only asked one question, as the interview was a brief time of one-on-one screening which included a short elevator pitch. "What three qualities would you use to describe you?"   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Not an accurate title for the position. You're really an admissions counselor. Making up to a min of 100 calls daily.

Not interested

Admission Recruiter Interview

Group information session. Initially was in a big group for the job presentation. Several people left after the presentation. 11 people remained for the interview. Waited for about an hour to be my turn for the interview. Only asked one question "Why should we hire you".
    Called back next day and denied my application.

ADA- Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ) in April 2013.

the interview process was very fast and my recruiter was very thorough. I applied for the position in San Francisco. he replied to my application request in less that four days, and scheduled a group information session. the session was about two hours and it was worth every minute. He let us know exactly what we were going to be getting into and left no stone unturned. He was very honest about why people fail in their position and what keeps people from remaining in the company longer that a year and a half. after the interview i was even more encouraged to pursue the position further and i a sent the recruiter an email requesting a formal interview. he replied promptly and the interview was scheduled for the following day. so far that is where i am at in the interview process.

Career Services Advisor Interview

Initially contacted through email about two weeks or so after putting in the application. Set up a phone interview from there and we agreed to a 10am appointment. Interviewer called at 9:30am despite the confirmed appointment. Pretty basic phone interview and an in person interview was offered at the end of the call. In person interviewed followed about a week later. Interviewer spent the time more so playing the role of bad cop and trying to, "paint as realistic of a picture," as possible without even taking the other side and making it seem like a solid opportunity worth pursuing. Walked away from the interview more impressed with the city itself than the company. Interviewer proceeded to call back three times (as a follow up of sorts?) without even once leaving a message.

Interview Questions
    • Let's say you're short of your 85% quota for the month and you have a student who refuses to return your calls. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ).

I received a call about a week later after I applied for the position. I had one interview and I was hired. It's very easy to get hired here.

Interview Questions
    • None. I was asked "why" I wanted the position. Overall, it was a very "to the point" interview process.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, take it or leave it. The company is on a very strict budget.