The Art Institutes (HQ) Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

Admission Director Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ) in October 2012.

Applied, and was scheduled for a class room presentation about the position with about 15 other applicants. After the 30 minute presentation, was given a short 5 minute, 3 question personal interview with one of the many staffers. Received a denial letter in the mail 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult:
      Describe in detail your daily routine at your last job.
      Why do you want to work in education?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ).

I received a call about a week later after I applied for the position. I had one interview and I was hired. It's very easy to get hired here.

Interview Questions
    • None. I was asked "why" I wanted the position. Overall, it was a very "to the point" interview process.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, take it or leave it. The company is on a very strict budget.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ) in April 2012.

Phone interview with recruiter. Then a group interview with other candidates. At the end of the group interview you will meet individually with the director who will ask you a few questions. If you make it to the next round you will meet with the senior director, HR and at least one director for a final interview. The key is to be animated and talkative. You may not receive an answer that day but a next day offer is expected.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty typical sales questions. How do you stay motivated when doing a task over and over again? (You make a lot of dials on the phone.)   Answer Question
    No negotiating.

Full Time Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ).

I was flown in from another town, interviewed by a group of faculty members.

Interview Questions
    They really wanted me so it was pretty easy.

Assistant Director of Admission Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ) in June 2012.

Very basic interview... nothing too specific... seems like they will hire most people who can speak well, and aren't on drugs.

Interview Questions
    • How will you stay motivated since we can't pay commission?   Answer Question
    • Out of 25 ADA's how high on the list do you think you can be after 6 months?   Answer Question

Digital Photography Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ) in January 2011.

I paid my own way to fly to Tampa, and stay in a hotel, and rent a car. No offer was made to reimburse me.
    The interviewers were extremely uninterested in my interview, and it lasted about all of 10 minutes.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ) in November 2009.

Received an email requesting interview set up. Went in for oneon one interview. Was later asked for second interview and to fill out paperwork for background check.

Interview Questions
    • What type of experience do you have ?   View Answer
    • How comfortable are you at greeting people ?   View Answer
    Was not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ) in March 2012.

I was referred by a recruiter. First, had a group info session where they discussed what the position would entail. It was a very thorough presentation and quite comprehensive. There were six candidates in the room and it seemed crucial to ask questions and to stand out. Following, there was a one on one interview that lasted approximately five minutes. Received a call back a day later. Went back to be interviewed by the two directors and the executive director. I received news the same day by the recruiter that they wanted to make an offer. Less than a week later, HR contacted me with the salary offer and was informs there would be a background check.

Interview Questions
    I was offers a higher salary than the initial base that was mentioned and quite higher than my past salary so there seemed no need to negotiate.

Director of Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ) in September 2010.

This was an interview for an internal position. I interviewed with an area VP, then another, then a third. Next I interviewed with a company VP. These were phone interviews. Next I had a phone interview with the executive team for the location. I requested an onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    They were surprized I negotiated. I would have taken the original figure offered but they came back closer to what I requested/wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Draper, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Art Institutes (HQ) in March 2010.

They start by inviting a large group of people to come to the campus and learn more about the position. It's a great forum to ask questions and potentially sticking out. From there they invite you to meet one on one if you're still interested. After the one on one interview they will call you back to set up another round of one on one's. I interviewed with the Senior Director of Admissions and HR Rep as well as the campus President and CFO. All were very professional and well spoken... the CFO had no clue what he was doing and really didn't know much about my position, but other than that, it's important to impress everyone. In my opinion the trait they're looking for is that you are comfortable talking with people and are able to gather information from the conversation. Being able to ask open ended questions is a great strategy. I recommended a friend and told him to mention "open ended questions" in his interview and he got the job.

Interview Questions
    • (in regards to potential student) How would you get someone to talk to you if they were very shy?   View Answer
    Pay is based on experience and education level. Beyond that, there is not a lot of negotiation. It's pretty cut and dry. I was able to convince them to count several years "selling" unrealted products to bump up my experience level.