The Art Institutes Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (San Diego, CA).

Interview

First of all, the ADA position is pretty much an admissions rep. Also, they do a drug test so for anyone on drugs, just be aware. The interview was pretty basic. They were just asking why I want this position and what I can add. They said it is sales and they do check everyday on apps. They were asking about my experience with high school students as well.

Director of Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Hollywood, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Quite possibly the most unprofessional interview I had ever been on. The manager giving the interview was taking calls, responding to emails, and allowing subordinates to walk in and out of the office during our conversation. Almost all of my answers were either interrupted by one of these distractions or she would cut me off mid-sentence.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company that keeps laying people off?   Answer Question

Financial Aid Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quite simple. I received a phone call in response to my resume submission, and scheduled a face to face interview after a short conversation. The interview was with the Campus President, as well as the Associate Director of Student Financial Services. After the in person interview, I received a verbal/written offer two days later. Overall, I had a very positive experience and accepted the offer without hesitation.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with CampusVue as it relates to Student Accounts and Financial Aid.   1 Answer

Academic Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Approx. 1-hour interviewer with Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, the Dean of Academic Affairs, and the Director of Institutional Effectiveness. Seemed like a pretty standard interview, with all three interviewers reading off of a list of questions. They said they would have a hiring decision within 7-10 days. However, to the best of my knowledge the position has not yet been filled.

Interview Questions

• Name one time that you had a confrontation with a student or another faculty member. Explain how you handled it and what you would have done differently in retrospect.   Answer Question

Career Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Phone interview, behavioral interview and a group interview. There is a brief presentation on expectations, work at AI, and career services before questions. I was interviewed by the director, the regional manager as well as the campus president. They were really seeking a person that was the right fit for the job moreso than the exact experience. I liked that they wanted to get to know who I am and why I want to work for the company. I'm glad I prepared by reading about the company, its mission statement, etc.

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Art Institutes.

Interview

The process was pretty easy. Come in for info and get called back in for interview. Job was offered a few days later. The interview questions made you think somewhat, but were not overly hard. I was interviewed by two different people and was told about the job and some of the pitfalls.

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Art Institutes.

Interview

Invited to a group session where they gave an overview of the job and benifits candidates were then all ed to ask questions before we met one on one in a mini five minute interview.

Interview Questions

• tell me how you experience would translate to this position.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Art Institutes.

Interview

I met with the Office Manager for the Admissions office. The interview was fairly easy. She asked me questions about my past job experience on my resume and gave me more information about the school and position.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you dealt with a difficult client or customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online through AiS careers page. Was called a week later to set a phone interview day and time with HR. Had HR phone interview a couple days later. Lasted about 30 minutes. Was asked basic "qualifying "questions. Was told at the end of the phone interview that she would like to set up an in person interview for the following week. Went in the next week and meet with the Director of Admissions and a lead ADA. Interview lasted about an hour and then they asked me to sit down with a recently hired ADA to chat about her experience and viewpoint on the position. That lasted about 30 minutes. Two weeks after my in person interview i was called by the Director and given a job and salary offer which i negotiated and after about a ten minute conversation , i accepted the position at the new negotiated salary. I started at AiS exactly 2 weeks later wuth one other person.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of the best and worst supervisors you have worked under? How do you handle constructive criticism?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated the offered salary over the phone at the time of employment offer. There was an obvious am out of wiggle room the Director had to work with and salary negotiation seemed expected on the companies behalf.

Peer Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Seamless. In depth questions related to the role of helping new students and how you would overcome obstacles & organize events to involve new students on campus. Also how I would help stay in contact with new students. Questions about time management.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is something new students struggle with?   Answer Question