The Art Institutes Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.6

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Art Institutes.

Interview

The process was pretty easy. Come in for info and get called back in for interview. Job was offered a few days later. The interview questions made you think somewhat, but were not overly hard. I was interviewed by two different people and was told about the job and some of the pitfalls.

Career Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Art Institutes (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Phone interview, behavioral interview and a group interview. There is a brief presentation on expectations, work at AI, and career services before questions. I was interviewed by the director, the regional manager as well as the campus president.
    They were really seeking a person that was the right fit for the job moreso than the exact experience. I liked that they wanted to get to know who I am and why I want to work for the company. I'm glad I prepared by reading about the company, its mission statement, etc.

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Art Institutes.

Interview

Invited to a group session where they gave an overview of the job and benifits candidates were then all ed to ask questions before we met one on one in a mini five minute interview.

Interview Questions

• tell me how you experience would translate to this position.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The Art Institutes.

Interview

I met with the Office Manager for the Admissions office. The interview was fairly easy. She asked me questions about my past job experience on my resume and gave me more information about the school and position.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you dealt with a difficult client or customer?   Answer Question

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Art Institutes (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online through AiS careers page. Was called a week later to set a phone interview day and time with HR. Had HR phone interview a couple days later. Lasted about 30 minutes. Was asked basic "qualifying "questions. Was told at the end of the phone interview that she would like to set up an in person interview for the following week. Went in the next week and meet with the Director of Admissions and a lead ADA. Interview lasted about an hour and then they asked me to sit down with a recently hired ADA to chat about her experience and viewpoint on the position. That lasted about 30 minutes. Two weeks after my in person interview i was called by the Director and given a job and salary offer which i negotiated and after about a ten minute conversation , i accepted the position at the new negotiated salary. I started at AiS exactly 2 weeks later wuth one other person.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of the best and worst supervisors you have worked under?
      How do you handle constructive criticism?

Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated the offered salary over the phone at the time of employment offer. There was an obvious am out of wiggle room the Director had to work with and salary negotiation seemed expected on the companies behalf.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Art Institutes.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was pretty easy to be honest. They pursued me for a while before I said yes. Having good grades was a big bonus and I knew some of the administration in academics. You just need to fill out a bunch of paper work and go through a background check.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't any major questions, other then do I have time to carry out my tasks.   Answer Question

Adjunct Professor, Fashion Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Art Institutes (Kansas City, KS) in November 2014.

Interview

This was a great experience. The head of the division was helpful and charming. Our conversation was precise and enlightening. We shared teaching strategies and exampled classroom successes. This was one of the most wonderful phone interviews I have ever had.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple, direct and open

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Art Institutes (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call to come in for an in-person interview after about a week. The interview ended up being a presentation for everyone that was called back, which was about 6 of us. If you were still interested, after they gave you the overview on how "amazing" the company is and how most of your time spend will be on the phone making cold calls to get students to come to the school, you could stay for a in person 5 minute interview due to the others waiting. It was basically a meet and greet. It felt positive, but after a week passed I sent her an email with no response and another a week later without any response on the process. To me, even if I didn't get the consideration for another interview I felt the lack of respect of my time even after trying to get an update through email.

Interview Questions

• What is something about you that I might know based on your resume?   Answer Question

Financial Aid Officer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Art Institutes.

Interview

Had a couple of phone interviews along with a face to face. All of the interviews went well. They asked mostly about my experience and a few questions about what I liked and did not like about past jobs. Also wanted to know where I saw myself in the future

Advisor Interview

Interview

The interview process was organized and everyone was friendly. I met with manager and two team members. Overall, I enjoyed my the interview experience and seeing the office.