The Art of Shaving

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at The Art of Shaving in September 2011.

Interview Details – 2 in person interviews and one phone interview and my interviewing district manager had shades of racist come through in her verbiage, not a word I know but she says it all the time.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, just an offer to take or leave.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Art of Shaving in January 2012.

Interview Details – It was short and sweet (2011). Now the interview consist of taking 5 or 6 different people just for the sales position.

Very Easy Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at The Art of Shaving.

Interview Details – very simple! 2 interviews and I received an offer the following day.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Art of Shaving in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty quick and simple. I first spoke with the shop manager of a flagship store since I was interviewing for a store of that volume, she asked me a few questions based on my past experiences i.e. Tell me about a time, etc. Follow up interview was with the District manager who asked me similar questions but with a little more detail.

Interview Question – Seeing that you've never worked luxury retail before, how do you feel that you would transition best here and succeed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, but I should have.

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Art of Shaving in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on the website and was contacted by the District Manager, via email, the next day to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was the same day. After the phone interview I was asked to do an in person interview with the same DM. After completing the in person interview I was advised that I would need to do a phone interview with a second DM. I then interviewed, in person, with the Regional Manager and the first DM again; that was followed by a phone interview with the Vice President of Sales.

Interview Question – There is a big weight on you asking them questions, not directly related to the job you will be doing.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You CAN negotiate salary. During your initial stages of interviewing they will ask you what you are looking for, go slightly higher than what you want. The come back with an offer that is comparable to what you have asked for.

Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Art of Shaving in October 2012.

Interview Details – After filling out an online application I talked with two people, first up was the manager from the store I was to work at, he just asked me some basic questions about my previous experiences and when/where I was willing to work. I then talked with his boss that asked me more questions, what do you think of our products, how are you on a team, have you worked holidays before.

Interview Question – How did you deal with someone who was a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Shaving Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Art of Shaving in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the position on their website and later went in to introduce myself. I was contacted by the store manager to hold an interview. The interview s brief consisting of standard questions about my past experience with selling. About a week or less later I got a phone call requesting I come in and fill out some paperwork to send to corporate.

Interview Question – Have you done any prior sales work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The manager told me of the pay scale but due to my prior history of not having any real sales experience I was placed on he lower end of it.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Natick, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Art of Shaving in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was initially interviewed by the store manager, then the assistant store manager, then had a phone interview with the East coast Director of Sales 2 weeks later. It took 4 weeks and 3 interviews for the company to not offer me a entry level sales job. The organization of the interviewing process was very slack-job, and I was asked the same questions for all 3 interviews.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to deal with a irate customer and explain how you handled them.   View Answer

Worked for The Art of Shaving? Contribute to the Community!