The Art of Shaving Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Art of Shaving

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Art of Shaving.

Interview

Very very long process - 5 interviews over 2 months - 4 phone interviews - 1 face to face. Very hard to get follow up call or to find out what the next step was. Always late to phone interview and in person.

SM Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Art of Shaving.

Interview

I was recruited by a DM that had an open position. She set up the interview with her and then I was given a phone interview with the RM. After that interview I was set up with a phone interview with the VP of Retail Sales. Most of questions were sales driven and leadership style questions. A week later I was offered a position as a SM

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered the base pay always push back with more.

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Art of Shaving (Brea, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Pretty standard retail interview. Sat down with the store manager and he asked basic questions about my history and experience. Then I had a sit down with the district manager. We went more in depth into my sales experience and how I could be and asset to the company. Finally I had a brief phone interview with the regional director, which was practically the same as with the district manager.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Art of Shaving (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I submitted an online resume and I was invited to have an interview. The interview was short and the manager was late. I was asked about my previous experience. The job was explained to me in a very high-level way. I was then passed on to a phone interview with the District. I was invited to an observation shift to make sure I wanted the job.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Art of Shaving (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

It took three months for me to get into this company. And to have 5 interviews to get in for a basic employee job, that is to much. Only reason I took the job, it payed better than my other job and it looked promising.My first interview was with the SM, then had a phone interview with the DM, then another one with the SM. I was then asked to have another one with the DM in person in San Fran, which he was 30 mins late for without calling me to let me know. After that had a 5th interview with another DM. After that I was offered the job... WAY to much work for a darn sales job.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Art of Shaving.

Interview

very simple! 2 interviews and I received an offer the following day.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Art of Shaving in August 2013.

Interview

I applied on the website and was contacted by the District Manager, via email, the next day to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was the same day. After the phone interview I was asked to do an in person interview with the same DM. After completing the in person interview I was advised that I would need to do a phone interview with a second DM. I then interviewed, in person, with the Regional Manager and the first DM again; that was followed by a phone interview with the Vice President of Sales.

Interview Questions

• There is a big weight on you asking them questions, not directly related to the job you will be doing.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You CAN negotiate salary. During your initial stages of interviewing they will ask you what you are looking for, go slightly higher than what you want. The come back with an offer that is comparable to what you have asked for.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Art of Shaving in May 2013.

Interview

The process took approximately 3 weeks, I interviewed with the Regional & DM together and then the VP of Retail a week and a half later. Received an offer the next business day. Lots of experience questions, sales questions, and leadership questions. Pretty standard overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Art of Shaving (Salem, NH) in November 2012.

Interview

It was over the phone lasted about 6 minutes. Very informal, but honest. Straight to the point i liked the interview process. I had to come in at one point to just sign the offer letter. originally staffed as seasonal, then became full time after 2 seasonals quit.

Interview Questions

• How long and how familiar i am with the product?   1 Answer

Shaving Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Art of Shaving in November 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position on their website and later went in to introduce myself. I was contacted by the store manager to hold an interview. The interview s brief consisting of standard questions about my past experience with selling. About a week or less later I got a phone call requesting I come in and fill out some paperwork to send to corporate.

Interview Questions

• Have you done any prior sales work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The manager told me of the pay scale but due to my prior history of not having any real sales experience I was placed on he lower end of it.