The Babcock & Wilcox Company Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 18, 2014
15 interviews

3.1

Technical Designer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company.

One interview, with 2 higher ups and one person of similar job placement who had been there 20+ years. Just wanted to show what to expect and ask me why I felt I was qualified for the position.

Software Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company.

A little lengthy process, but very relaxed when the interview was conducted, not very formal at all, they make you feel at home.

Field Service Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company in October 2012.

The interview process was not as structured as I would have expected it to be. The interviewer did not appear to be following any sort of format as he interviewed me. The interviewer spent much of the beginning of the interview explaining to me that the position of Field Service Engineer is not for everyone.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that were significantly more difficult than one would expect during an interview.   Answer Question

Form Finisher Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company.

You had to take a test for several hours!!

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Barberton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barberton, OH

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company.

Very simple process with HR screening applications. Two stage interview process. First met with HR specialist then with Hiring manager. Once done met again with the HR specialist. Within 2 weeks was informed that an offer was going to be made and after negotiations of a few days I accepted.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lynchburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company in February 2013.

I applied online and the next step was a phone interview (approximately 2 weeks later). After the phone interview, I was invited for a on-the-site interview where I ended up interviewing with 5 different people (managers and engineers).

Interview Questions
    • Why leave an excellent job (that I had while interviewing) in order to interview for a similar B&W job.   Answer Question
    I was asked by HR about the minimum salary that I will accept. I was 00% honest and I gave them the same number featured on my job application. I received a little better offer, however I could not negociate vacation days.

Applications & Systems Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lynchburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company in August 2009.

The process included an initial phone screen, then an on-site interview with the hiring manager and a few developers in the company. They didn't ask any whiteboard questions, mainly just asked for in-depth descriptions of your different experiences and try to get a feeling for what your skill set is. Once you get an offer and accept it, your employment hinges on whether or not you can obtain a security clearance.

Interview Questions
    • No on the spot application of your skills type questions, very stress free.   Answer Question
    I really didn't attempt any negotiations since the offer was a lot more than I was getting paid.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Barberton, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Barberton, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company in August 2012.

One telephone interview. Three scientists who were directly related with the research project asked me general question like what courses I was taking, etc. It was very general and they were trying to get to know me better and decide whether to call me for onsite interview. They promised to get back to me in a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How comfortable are you working in a group and give us an example to show the same.   View Answer

Rather Not Say Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Barberton, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Barberton, OH

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company in June 2008.

Most of the day (5 Hours) four different people. You are given an agenda when you arrive for the interview. You are mailed all needed instructions prior to interview. I found the interview to be interesting because out of the four different people that interviewed me two of them should not have been involved. They made it very clear that its very busy and you are expected to give all you got for as long as necessary. Interview was not hard just stressful as all interviews are.

Interview Questions
    • I could definitely tell that some of the people that interviewed me never worked any place other than their company and had no idea how business outside of their company processed.   View Answer

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company in August 2011.

Asked pretty standard questions. Be ready for "Why are you still available?" Also, there were many hypothetical questions, such as "what would you do if a deadline was changed on you for what you perceive to be little to no reason?" Make sure to answer questions with an experience first, then explain the rules that led you to act in that positive manner.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you still available?   Answer Question
    • How do you react when you have to get information from someone who has no incentive to help you?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase for entry level position.

Worked for The Babcock & Wilcox Company? Contribute to the Community!