The Berry Company

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at The Berry Company

Interview Details – Initial contact at a career fair. A few days later got a call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was difficult. A lot of very specific, detailed questions. I seemed to have passed though, as the recruiter set me up with another phone interview with the Sales Manager. This interview seemed much easier than the previous one. Fewer questions that were not very detailed. Mostly just personality assessment questions. I was told to check my email in the coming days to see if I would move on to an on-site interview. This email was quick to arrive. I would not be moving on. Other than the final email telling me I had not moved on, correspondence was slow. After the initial phone interview, I was told I'd receive a call in 48 hours. 4 days passed before I received the next phone call.

Interview Question – Describe a time when something did not go as planned and you had to troubleshoot the situation. What was the result?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at The Berry Company.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then 4 more interviews including doing a sales simulation over the phone. Lengthy process for an entry level job. First you do a phone interview with an HR screener. Then if you pass that, you do 2 one on ones in the same day. Then if they want you to keep going, you come back and do a 3rd interview plus a sample sales call.

Interview Question – Tell me about your life.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told - incorrectly that there is no negotiation on the offer - I found out I was offered less than most others at the same time. I outperformed them all and was not considered for a raise.

Inside Sales Representative

I interviewed at The Berry Company in July 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was not difficult. I first received a phone call, then scheduled a the over the phone interview for the following day. Unfortunately, we had to reschedule due to a unforeseen circumstances.

Interview Question – I was asked about sales terms that I had no clue about, but I knew the concept.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at The Berry Company.

Interview Details – It's a four step process where you go into interview by meeting with a manager, then you meet with two other managers one on one, then you go through a questions and answer process and then have to do a cold call presentation with one of the managers listening.

Interview Question – trying to conduct a cold sales call while the manager is on the other line   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they wouldn't negotiate

Very Easy Interview

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous
Dayton, OH

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at The Berry Company in April 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewing was easy. Upper management was friendly the whole time, simply looking for people that fit the culture. Its obvious that they are searching for a younger group in their new business ventures to change the company culture.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Client Services Advisor Interview

Client Services Advisor
Lincoln, NE

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Berry Company in June 2010.

Interview Details – Normal....with manager having final say..the usual written teat, drug test, phone screen. Nothing out of the ordinary, they usually hire to fill a training class so you usually don't have time to consider the decision. the training could be in Dayton ohio or Colorado.

Manager Interview

Manager
Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Berry Company.

Interview Details – Lengthy process.

Interview Question – None really- they use general interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They really don't do that.

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Kettering, OH

I applied through other source and interviewed at The Berry Company.

Interview Details – Filled out application in person then took a skills text. Couple days later got call for interview. At end of the interview was offer job and had to take a drug test after interview.

Interview Question – What is your favorite movie?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Client Services Advisor Interview

Client Services Advisor
High Point, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Berry Company in September 2010.

Interview Details – Applied on-line. Was contacted by HR rep for a very brief phone interview. Then had 4 followup phone interviews with district managers. This was followed by face to face interview.

Interview Question – Really weren't any questions that stood out as unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was very fair and acceptable from the start.

Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Berry Company in February 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with a recruiter then I was moved onto another phone interview with a manager. I was then brought in for a face to face interview and to do a role play.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe a time when a customer was worried of the potential risk of failure and how did I respond to that   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was already set amount. so no real negotiating took place.

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Berry Company

Worked for The Berry Company? Contribute to the Community!