The Berry Company

Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  High Point, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Berry Company in June 2013.

3 interviews. Pretty common method in hiring. 2 weeks of training. 1 over the phone interview and 2 in person interviews. Questions were common and you have to make one mom sales call to a manager. Not difficult but a little nerve racking

No negotiation

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Initial contact at a career fair. A few days later got a call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was difficult. A lot of very specific, detailed questions. I seemed to have passed though, as the recruiter set me up with another phone interview with the Sales Manager. This interview seemed much easier than the previous one. Fewer questions that were not very detailed. Mostly just personality assessment questions. I was told to check my email in the coming days to see if I would move on to an on-site interview. This email was quick to arrive. I would not be moving on. Other than the final email telling me I had not moved on, correspondence was slow. After the initial phone interview, I was told I'd receive a call in 48 hours. 4 days passed before I received the next phone call.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when something did not go as planned and you had to troubleshoot the situation. What was the result?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Berry Company.

Phone interview, then 4 more interviews including doing a sales simulation over the phone. Lengthy process for an entry level job. First you do a phone interview with an HR screener. Then if you pass that, you do 2 one on ones in the same day. Then if they want you to keep going, you come back and do a 3rd interview plus a sample sales call.

Interview Questions
    I was told - incorrectly that there is no negotiation on the offer - I found out I was offered less than most others at the same time. I outperformed them all and was not considered for a raise.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

interviewed at The Berry Company in July 2014.

The interview process was not difficult. I first received a phone call, then scheduled a the over the phone interview for the following day. Unfortunately, we had to reschedule due to a unforeseen circumstances.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about sales terms that I had no clue about, but I knew the concept.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Berry Company.

It's a four step process where you go into interview by meeting with a manager, then you meet with two other managers one on one, then you go through a questions and answer process and then have to do a cold call presentation with one of the managers listening.

Interview Questions
    • trying to conduct a cold sales call while the manager is on the other line   Answer Question
    they wouldn't negotiate

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at The Berry Company in April 2014.

Interviewing was easy. Upper management was friendly the whole time, simply looking for people that fit the culture. Its obvious that they are searching for a younger group in their new business ventures to change the company culture.

Client Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Berry Company in June 2010.

Normal....with manager having final say..the usual written teat, drug test, phone screen. Nothing out of the ordinary, they usually hire to fill a training class so you usually don't have time to consider the decision. the training could be in Dayton ohio or Colorado.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Berry Company.

Lengthy process.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They really don't do that.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kettering, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettering, OH

I applied through other source - interviewed at The Berry Company.

Filled out application in person then took a skills text. Couple days later got call for interview. At end of the interview was offer job and had to take a drug test after interview.

no negotiation

Client Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  High Point, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Berry Company in September 2010.

Applied on-line. Was contacted by HR rep for a very brief phone interview. Then had 4 followup phone interviews with district managers. This was followed by face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Really weren't any questions that stood out as unexpected   Answer Question
    Salary was very fair and acceptable from the start.

Worked for The Berry Company? Contribute to the Community!