The Berry Company

Updated Jan 24, 2015
Updated Jan 24, 2015

2.6

Outside Sales Representative - Alaska Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Berry Company in December 2014.

Received telephone call from the Outside Sales Manager to schedule a phone interview for a few days later. Had telephone interview and was invited to attend an in person interview. Decided to cancel the in person interview after further consideration of the impact extended out of area travel would have on my family.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked questions about the products and services they offer and why I wanted to work there.   View Answer

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettering, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettering, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Berry Company in October 2014.

Phone Interview First with the Admin Asst., Then a Meeting with The Managers one on one either Joe or his son Matt. Business professional attire expected, overview of resume and skills discussed during the process, personality is a big factor, being able to properly articulate your previous experience and how it would apply to the role is important.

Interview Questions
    No salary negotiation process available.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Initial contact at a career fair. A few days later got a call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was difficult. A lot of very specific, detailed questions. I seemed to have passed though, as the recruiter set me up with another phone interview with the Sales Manager. This interview seemed much easier than the previous one. Fewer questions that were not very detailed. Mostly just personality assessment questions. I was told to check my email in the coming days to see if I would move on to an on-site interview. This email was quick to arrive. I would not be moving on. Other than the final email telling me I had not moved on, correspondence was slow. After the initial phone interview, I was told I'd receive a call in 48 hours. 4 days passed before I received the next phone call.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when something did not go as planned and you had to troubleshoot the situation. What was the result?   View Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Berry Company.

Phone interview, then 4 more interviews including doing a sales simulation over the phone. Lengthy process for an entry level job. First you do a phone interview with an HR screener. Then if you pass that, you do 2 one on ones in the same day. Then if they want you to keep going, you come back and do a 3rd interview plus a sample sales call.

Interview Questions
    I was told - incorrectly that there is no negotiation on the offer - I found out I was offered less than most others at the same time. I outperformed them all and was not considered for a raise.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

interviewed at The Berry Company in July 2014.

The interview process was not difficult. I first received a phone call, then scheduled a the over the phone interview for the following day. Unfortunately, we had to reschedule due to a unforeseen circumstances.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about sales terms that I had no clue about, but I knew the concept.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Berry Company.

It's a four step process where you go into interview by meeting with a manager, then you meet with two other managers one on one, then you go through a questions and answer process and then have to do a cold call presentation with one of the managers listening.

Interview Questions
    • trying to conduct a cold sales call while the manager is on the other line   Answer Question
    they wouldn't negotiate

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Berry Company in June 2014.

Refer someone and you get $'s!! I was contacted by the hiring recruiter over the phone and completed a phone screen. The phone screen was to find out what my job at the time entailed, what all I knew about the position I had applied for, and why I wanted to work at The Berry Company. Confidence is key! I was then invited to meet him in person. I had a quick convo with him before doing a mock sales call. I was placed in a room to go over a customer situation and what products I would be offering to him. Being articulate and having a good tone of voice is key! I had no idea what I was reading and doing but apparently the way I spoke over the phone was great, and I remembered to asked for the sale at the end of the mock sales call!! You are then called back into the office to speak with the hiring recruiter (who also happens to be a Sales Manager, and you might be on his team.) If he likes you, he passes you to the next Sales Manager and then another Sales Manager and then the District Manager. If you don't see all Managers, you are not going to get hired. The questions are very easy. As long as you are confident, can hold a conversation, and have some sales experience, then you will more than likely get hired. I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car for 5 1/2 years in management, so being offered a job at The Berry Company felt impossible but ended up being possible!

Interview Questions
    • Will you enjoy being on the phone all day and in a cubical?   Answer Question
    $60,000/year at least. If you aren't making that much or more, then you are not doing your job. That means the job isn't for you.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The Berry Company in April 2014.

Interviewing was easy. Upper management was friendly the whole time, simply looking for people that fit the culture. Its obvious that they are searching for a younger group in their new business ventures to change the company culture.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Berry Company in January 2014.

Call from the recruiter call, manager phone interview, 4 face to face meetings with managers, then meeting with regional manager. From start to finish it was about a little more than a month.

Interview Questions
    not a lot of room because of budget for salary but commissions are there

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Berry Company.

Lengthy process.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They really don't do that.