The Blackstone Group

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Blackstone Group.

Interview Details – First round met with 2 HR people and another analyst, mostly fit questions. Very big on "why BX?". Took about an 2 hours total.

2nd rounds were a week later with hiring manager, two other managers, and another analyst. A little over 2 hours. Almost all fit. They want to make sure that you'll get along with the group and are competent enough to do the job. Heard back a few days after 2nd round with an offer.

Interview Question – Why Blackstone?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – In line with street, no negotiation.

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at The Blackstone Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – Well I learned about blackstone from a friend and applied. I got the interview for a saturday morning and went over there. I talked to some dude for about 2 hours and left with a job offer. I am happy at the company. It is god.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in private equity?   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Blackstone Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – The environment was very relaxed when I first walked in. There were lots of professionals in suits walking in and out of meeting rooms while I was waiting at the reception area. Everyone appears to be very professional and friendly.

Interview Question – Based on your academic and previous work experiences, what brings you here?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Blackstone Group

Worked for The Blackstone Group? Contribute to the Community!