The Blackstone Group

Updated Oct 10, 2014
Updated Oct 10, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

Was referred by a friend. Met a couple people in a casual context then had a 30 minute phone interview. I applied out of the analyst program so it was an expedited recruitment process.

Other Interview Reviews for The Blackstone Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at The Blackstone Group in January 2014.

Applied online through the company website and received an email a few weeks requesting an interview. i came in and was interviewed by 3 people individually. i received a phone call as i was heading out of the building from one of the team members saying that they were very interested in me. the next day i received another email from HR asking to schedule a round 2. i came in and interviewed with HR, then interviewed with about 6 more people in groups of 2. then a few weeks later i got my offer.

Interview Questions
    • asked me some technical questions about financial statements   Answer Question
    i didn't try to negotiate, they were paying plenty

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Blackstone Group.

First round met with 2 HR people and another analyst, mostly fit questions. Very big on "why BX?". Took about an 2 hours total.

2nd rounds were a week later with hiring manager, two other managers, and another analyst. A little over 2 hours. Almost all fit. They want to make sure that you'll get along with the group and are competent enough to do the job. Heard back a few days after 2nd round with an offer.

Interview Questions
    In line with street, no negotiation.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Blackstone Group in January 2011.

Well I learned about blackstone from a friend and applied. I got the interview for a saturday morning and went over there. I talked to some dude for about 2 hours and left with a job offer. I am happy at the company. It is god.

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Blackstone Group in May 2010.

The environment was very relaxed when I first walked in. There were lots of professionals in suits walking in and out of meeting rooms while I was waiting at the reception area. Everyone appears to be very professional and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Based on your academic and previous work experiences, what brings you here?   Answer Question