The Blackstone Group Intern Interview Questions

3.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I sent in my application and within a few days I got an email to come in for an interview. The second I stepped into the interview, I was handed a paper test of programming questions to write out. There were four questions: 1) I had to make my own version of Integer.parseInt(string) that would be able to work on any base 2) I had to do 4 queries on a set of tables and then explain what made these tables good and what made them bad. 3) I had to make a function with time complexity O(n) that determines what elements are in one array and not in the other 4) I had to make an XML parser I was given 30 minutes to complete these questions. After the test, I spoke with two individuals and they analyzed each piece of my resume asking very detailed questions about things I have done many months to years ago.

Interview Questions

• I had to make an XML parser and no where on my resume did it say I am familiar with XML   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Blackstone Group

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Blackstone Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

Met at career fair at school. First round interviews at school. I was interested in software engineering role. First round interview included several basic questions on datatypes and recursion.

Interview Questions

Looking for internship in different field.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Blackstone Group (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews with three people each. was contacted 1 week later with an offer. the entire process from the day i submitted my application to the day i got my offer was one month. everyone was really nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• a few technicals but mostly fit questions, resume explanation, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I was sat down in a room and had six different people interview me. Each one had technical questions to ask me, mainly on DCF. Had to go in depth with each element of the DCF from FCF to WACC and APV etc. Pretty rough.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Blackstone Group in January 2010.

Interview

Very technical