The Blackstone Group

Updated Jan 30, 2015
Updated Jan 30, 2015

3.4

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Blackstone Group.

The guy is also a new empleyee who just joined one year ago. first round phone interview, second round skype interview, last round on-site superday interview. They scheduled the first phone interview two days before

Interview Questions
    • phone interview: please walk me through your resume; what are your two strengths and weaknesses; can you tell me your previous team work example; how your past internship experience help you in the work and study   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Blackstone Group.

Applied at career fair at school. Process took about 4 weeks. Consisted of a first round in person interview with 4 programming questions. Next was a superday with 4 hours of 6-8 interviewers, all fit questions for the entire day.

Interview Questions
    • 4 question free response, covering several different programming languages. "Write an XML parser in Java."   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Campus Recruiting. Met at the career fair. Had a first round interview. Waiting to hear back. Supposedly they fly you out to headquarters for an on site interview for the final rounds.

Interview Questions
    • know databases, data strucutres (i.e. trees, arrays, strings, hashmaps, etc.)   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Blackstone Group.

Details

Met at career fair at school. First round interviews at school. I was interested in software engineering role. First round interview included several basic questions convert a string to an integer, some database questions and one question on expression trees.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Blackstone Group.

Applied through university career fair, got a call to interview on campus.
    Had to code for 3 questions and then write an SQL query and also analyze the database within 30 minutes. I could answer only 2 and then had figured out logic for the third. The interviewer discussed the 2 questions and then gave time to explain the other unattended questions.
    The interview went smooth. All questions were as expected, nothing difficult though.

Interview Questions
    • The difficult aspect was the time, its difficult to analyze and answer 4 in 30 minutes.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Blackstone Group in October 2014.

Applied at a career fair, was asked to come interview with them about 2-3 weeks after. An hour long interview, asked 4 questions.
    1) Take a string and turn it to an int.
    2) Gave me a SQL data model and wanted me to write a SQL Select statement. Involved a double join.
    3) Given 2 arrays, find the unique elements in array 2.
    4) Given the class models and a diagram of a binary tree with operators and numbers. Write a function to calculate the value at the root.

Interview Questions
    • The SQL question was very tough since I wasn't very good at it.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Blackstone Group in October 2014.

Applied through a career fair on campus. Received an offer for an on campus interview shortly after.

On campus interview:
        1. Convert string to integer
        2. SQL question that I was not familiar with
        3. Find unique elements in array 2 compared to array 1
        4. Recursive tree problem- tree contained either an operator or a value

Interview Questions
    • SQL question, mainly because I am not familiar with SQL   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Was referred by a friend. Met a couple people in a casual context then had a 30 minute phone interview. I applied out of the analyst program so it was an expedited recruitment process.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Blackstone Group in September 2014.

One first round interview (30 minute technical, 30 minute behavioral). Focus on algorithms, trees, and databases. final round interview where I talked to multiple software engineers and had a mix of technical and behavioral. Very kind interviewers and fair questions.

Interview Questions
    • Hashtables. I should have reviewed them more since they are so common.   Answer Question

Director Interview

First contact is with the recruiter. they will review the company and discuss the position. Lots of talk about culture and the like. The next interview is with the hiring Manager. You will also spend time with peers as well as other managers at your the hiring managers level