The Blackstone Group Software Engineer, Innovation and Infrastructure Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Software Engineer, Innovation and Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Paper test with 4 questions on it. The interviewer gave me 30 minutes to write the answer and then came back to discuss with me. Q1: Convert a string to an integer, like '123' to interger 123. And tell the complexity of your algorithm. Q2:A question about a database, I need to write SQL and discuss the tradeoff of that database( normalized vs denormalized databases) Q3: Given two arrays a1, a2, find all elements in a2 that are not in a1. Q4: Implement a method of a special binary tree. The treenodes all have values, the leaves of the tree are only values, while the non-leaf node are values(not known at the beginning) with another field-operators including plus, minus, times, divides, and abs. Given the root of the tree, return the value of the root. I firstly finished the 3 coding problems and have no time to do the sql. The interviewer discussed with me about the codings, and then give me more time to finish Q2. Then tell me about his position and duties.

Interview Questions

• The questions are not so hard, but to finish them all in 30 minutes is not so easy as well.   Answer Question