The Blackstone Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Research Analyst Interview

Marketing Research Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Blackstone Group.

Interview Details – I got a phone call first to make an interview appointment with the HR. Confirmed with the date and time. Asked a few questions regarding my resume. Just took about 10-15 mins for the first call. Went to the on-site interview after a week. The HR Manager was nice. She first took me to a room and asked me several questions about my background. After that, she asked to take two exams. The first exam was about math and verbal. The math was easy but the verbal part was hard. The second exam was about a spelling test.

Interview Question – The most difficult part is the verbal test. Other than that, everything looks fine. BTW, the HR manager would ask you about "Have you checked about our management people?" So make sure you have reviewed their profile and tell which one you would like to work with.   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Market Research Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Blackstone Group in November 2010.

Interview Details – After phone and in person interviews with owner and partners, I had to return for more chats with the owner. It would all be fine if it the process hadn't dragged for over 4 months before finally making an offer. The skills test was a bit ludicrous (so basic) but understandable given many bad candidates out in the market. Due to long wait, I had the impression that the company was a tad disorganized.

Interview Question – I am worried about your lack of experience. Do you have what it takes to succeed in market research?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated salary, sought to make it more compatible with the market. Their second offer was worse than the initial one, which is what I finally got.

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Blackstone Group

Worked for The Blackstone Group? Contribute to the Community!