The Blackstone Group
The Blackstone Group PE Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Summer Analyst (6)
- Intern (5)
- Analyst (3)
- BAAM Analyst (2)
- Executive Assistant (2)
- Financial Analyst (2)
- Controller (1)
- PE Analyst (1)
- Research Analyst (1)
- Compliance Intern (1)
- Vice President (1)
- Business Analyst (1)
- Investment Banking Advisory (1)
- BAAM (1)
- Partner Advisory (1)
- Real Estate Private Equity (1)
- Finance (1)
- Finance Intern (1)
- IT Business Analyst (1)
- IT Business Analyst Internship (1)
- Software Engineering Intern (1)
- Product (1)
- Director (1)
- Private Equity (1)
- Real Estate Debt Strategies Summer Analyst (1)
- Real Estate Debt Strategies Group Summer Analyst (1)
- M&A Advisory Intern (1)
- Charitable Foundation Intern (1)
- BAAM Investment Team Summer Analyst (1)
- Business Analyst/Technology Analyst (1)
PE Analyst Interview (Neutral Experience; Difficult Interview)
I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Blackstone Group in October 2009.
Interview Details – -why would i work for blackstone?
-why PE and not M&A?
-describe previous work experiences and their relation to PE
-valuation question: muliples, dcf, lbo...
-principles of lbo
-hobbies & interests
overall the interviewer was really friendly but the interview was quite short (c. 30mn) and phone interviews tend to make it more difficult to understand what the interviewer was saying.
I don t really know what were his criteria of selection but i am pretty sure it is a pretty competitive process.
Interview Question – Why do you want to work in PE compared to M&A? Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at The Blackstone Group