Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at The Blackstone Group
- Summer Analyst (7)
- Analyst (5)
- Intern (5)
- Software Engineer (4)
- Director (2)
- Executive Assistant (2)
- Financial Analyst (2)
- BAAM Analyst (2)
- Real Estate Debt Strategies Summer Analyst (1)
- Real Estate Debt Strategies Group Summer Analyst (1)
- M&A Advisory Intern (1)
- Charitable Foundation Intern (1)
- BAAM Investment Team Summer Analyst (1)
- Business Analyst/Technology Analyst (1)
- Software Engineer, Innovation and Infrastructure (1)
- 2014 Summer Software Engineer Intern (1)
- US Technology Intern (1)
- Innovations and Infrastructure Software Engineer (Summer) (1)
- Chief Financial Office Summer Internship (1)
- Summer Analyst- Mergers and Acquisitions (1)
- Summer Analyst - Real Estate Debt Strategies (1)
- Chief Financial Officer Office (1)
- Real Estate Legal/Compliance (1)
- Intern - Hourly (1)
- Market Research Analyst (1)
- Marketing Research Analyst (1)
- Implementation (1)
- Managing Director (1)
- Technology Analyst (1)
- Finance (1)
Summer Analyst Interview
I applied online – interviewed at The Blackstone Group.
The guy is also a new empleyee who just joined one year ago. first round phone interview, second round skype interview, last round on-site superday interview. They scheduled the first phone interview two days before
- phone interview: please walk me through your resume; what are your two strengths and weaknesses; can you tell me your previous team work example; how your past internship experience help you in the work and study Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for The Blackstone Group
Summer Analyst InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceNo OfferNeutral Experience
I applied through college or university. The process took a day – interviewed at The Blackstone Group (New York, NY) in January 2014.
On campus interview, then superday in New York
- What writers and columnists do you follow in the news? Answer Question
Summer Analyst InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at The Blackstone Group (New York, NY) in March 2013.
Purely behavioral for the IRDB summer analyst position. A few logic questions at super day but that's all. Three rounds, three days. Speaking with more senior managers as the process moves forward.
- where will you be in 5 years Answer Question
Summer Analyst InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Blackstone Group (New York, NY) in February 2013.
Apply online, submit resume/cover letter and transcript. Get called back and have either a half-hour interview on campus or a phone interview. Then, fly up to NYC for final round and talk with them for about 3 hours straight. Wait for response.
- What was the most difficult thing you've ever had to work on, and how did you get through it? Answer Question
Summer Analyst InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days – interviewed at The Blackstone Group (New York, NY) in January 2013.
Not very bureaucratic; both first- and final-round seemed very fit-oriented. That being said, there were certainly some technical elements and brainteasers thrown in, sometimes unexpectedly. Great group of people all around, really enjoyed getting to know all of them. Very fast turnaround from first-round to final-round (found out I got second-round same night of first interview, flown into NYC the next afternoon).
- Asked about the cash-on-cash of an investment Answer Question
Summer Analyst InterviewNo OfferNo Offer
First round was on campus with a mix of fit and technical questions covering DCF and other basic investing tools
Final round was at the office that lasted for around 4-5 hours with brain teasers (currency conversion, basic math, etc) and in-depth accounting and modeling questions
- LBO run through Answer Question
Summer Analyst InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at The Blackstone Group (New York, NY) in October 2010.
Some stress tests, very technical.
- Explain accretion and dilution. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review