The Body Shop Assistant Shop Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

3.3

Assistant Shop Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Body Shop.

I had two Interviews, Dress All In black business casual, (Woman) Visible make-up (lips, eyes). Started me off as a Associate to get a better feel for the work place, and knowledge of the store and history.

Other Interview Reviews for The Body Shop

Assistant Shop Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Body Shop in February 2011.

It was a one on one interview and I had to demo how to give a hand massage with their product, and I also had to stand outside of the store and bring in some people to come inside and try on lotion.

Interview Questions
    • Why didn't I want to become a manager at my current job at the time, which was fast food   View Answer

Assistant Shop Manager Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Body Shop in October 2011.

I had gone online and posted my resume and did the personality test. A week later (if that) I recieved a call from a local shop manager. We set a date and time that worked with both of our schedules which was great. I had already got a great vibe. The interview was so fun (I know) the shop manager was so very sweet and easy to talk to we went "off book" so to speak because of my experience and spoke for about an hour. We then had a demo on the floor. Before it concluded she said that she needed to have me speak with another shop manager. Well I ended up speaking with the DM over the phone, she was equally as nice and fun to talk to, we spent about 40 minutes discussing my past experience and then we ended the call with "I am going to give the shop manager the go ahead" so I knew then that I had been given the okay to be hired.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the most important aspect of working retail.   Answer Question
    With my past experience and being that they already knew what I had wanted all though the position did not consitute that amount, I was happy so it worked out great.