The Body Shop Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was super easy. The questions were easy and they love to hire people with personality on their team so just be yourself! I was hired because I made my shop manager smile and laugh throughout the whole interview and I have experience in make up to boost up make up sales for the shop. Be easy and positive.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

Applied online and got a call back from the store manager a few days after for a phone interview. A week after the phone interviewed, went in to the store for a face to face meet and greet/interview. The shop manager is also new to the area so she was really nice and open about the store environment. After the face to face interviewed, did a phone interview with the district manager and another shop manager from a different store. Got a call back a week after the phone interviewed with the district manager and was offer the position. The whole process took over three weeks long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The pay is way lower than what I asked for. But since I needed something to do, I accepted the offer and hopefully I can get myself up to a full-time position.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

2 District Managers (the one you will work for and another 'peer' DM) and Regional Manager (usually over phone due to RM schedule). Usually begins with them asking you to introduce yourself. Refrain from anything like saying your age, race, children, ethnicity. Keep it strictly business. What have you accomplished? Where you have worked and past positions. They will introduce themselves and then ask you a series of position related questions. Keep answers short and sweet using "SBO" format. Situation, Behavior, Outcome. Be yourself, personality goes ALONG way and can save you in some slight situations. and if face to face, have professional image with full face makeup on. GOOD LUCK!

Interview Questions

• If given this position, what is your 30 day plan to turn around deficit??   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. They low ball you and give you that amount of nothing else.

Customer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

The interview process took about a week to two weeks, and I am a seasonal hire. I'm not sure if it is the same for a part time or full time employee. I applied on their website, online. Then, I was contacted two days after by my store manager. I set up an interview in the store with him for the following week. After that, I was given a second interview with a second manager. After my second interview, I got a call from the store manager asking me for my references. Later that day, he called me up and had told me I got the job!

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer
    • How would you relate yourself to the body shop?   1 Answer
    • Which one of our values do you identify with the most?   Answer Question
    • Try to sell me a product from the store. (You were expected to sell products and do a demo on someone in the store.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable, depending on your previous position, I assume. Definitely know some of their products, and be familiar with their values.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

I had two Interviews, Dress All In black business casual, (Woman) Visible make-up (lips, eyes). Started me off as a Associate to get a better feel for the work place, and knowledge of the store and history.

Full-time Asiistant Shop Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

There were 2 interviews which both took place between 2 and 3 weeks. I applied online around the ending of October and got a call back around November 14 to begin working dec1.

PT Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Denver, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through their website www.thebodyshop.com. Received a call within two days. Had a phone interview with the store manager of the location. Did well, then set up a second interview with another manager from a different location. Both managers were very nice, hard to tell if you were doing a great job or not. But I did do a great job! A full time assistant manager of the location I applied for gave me the good news. It took about a week to get hired.

Interview Questions

• Really simple questions. Based on your previous experience. Ex: How did you drive sales? What was your biggest sale? How do you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and about a week later the store manager called to set up an interview. She asked basic questions mainly regarding retail experience. A week after that, the I was set up with an interview with the district manager. She asked a lot of managerial questions and she asked a lot about my past job. Overall it was pretty simple, it wasn't too overwhelming.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

I started the online process and did the assessments a couple days later. Within 3 minutes of submission, I received an email from the recruiter and set up an interview. The interview went great and he pushed me through to the next step, with DM. Interview went well. I was notified a week later that the position had been filled via email. All in all it took about a week.

Interview Questions

• All pretty standard questions for any job. I was asked more questions by recruiting dept. you need to know the company and products and know what their values are and talk about how you live them.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Body Shop in October 2014.

Interview

For any management position there is a 3 step interview process with store management. First interview in store with SM. Second step is phone interview with another store manager at different location. Third step is another phone interview with DM. If you have made it past these 3 interviews then you will also have some testing to complete. Overall the process was about a week to two weeks for me to complete.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to go over past experience and how it would relate to this job.   Answer Question