The Body Shop

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.6

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Body Shop.

2 District Managers (the one you will work for and another 'peer' DM) and Regional Manager (usually over phone due to RM schedule). Usually begins with them asking you to introduce yourself. Refrain from anything like saying your age, race, children, ethnicity. Keep it strictly business. What have you accomplished? Where you have worked and past positions. They will introduce themselves and then ask you a series of position related questions. Keep answers short and sweet using "SBO" format. Situation, Behavior, Outcome. Be yourself, personality goes ALONG way and can save you in some slight situations. and if face to face, have professional image with full face makeup on. GOOD LUCK!

Interview Questions
    • If given this position, what is your 30 day plan to turn around deficit??   Answer Question
    None. They low ball you and give you that amount of nothing else.

Customer Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Body Shop.

The interview process took about a week to two weeks, and I am a seasonal hire. I'm not sure if it is the same for a part time or full time employee.
    I applied on their website, online. Then, I was contacted two days after by my store manager. I set up an interview in the store with him for the following week. After that, I was given a second interview with a second manager. After my second interview, I got a call from the store manager asking me for my references. Later that day, he called me up and had told me I got the job!

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with a difficult customer?   View Answer
    • How would you relate yourself to the body shop?   View Answer
    • Which one of our values do you identify with the most?   Answer Question
    • Try to sell me a product from the store. (You were expected to sell products and do a demo on someone in the store.)   Answer Question
    Salary was negotiable, depending on your previous position, I assume. Definitely know some of their products, and be familiar with their values.

Assistant Shop Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Body Shop.

I had two Interviews, Dress All In black business casual, (Woman) Visible make-up (lips, eyes). Started me off as a Associate to get a better feel for the work place, and knowledge of the store and history.

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Body Shop in November 2014.

I applied online and about a week later the store manager called to set up an interview. She asked basic questions mainly regarding retail experience. A week after that, the I was set up with an interview with the district manager. She asked a lot of managerial questions and she asked a lot about my past job. Overall it was pretty simple, it wasn't too overwhelming.

No negotiation

Store Manager Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Body Shop.

I started the online process and did the assessments a couple days later. Within 3 minutes of submission, I received an email from the recruiter and set up an interview. The interview went great and he pushed me through to the next step, with DM. Interview went well. I was notified a week later that the position had been filled via email. All in all it took about a week.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty standard questions for any job. I was asked more questions by recruiting dept. you need to know the company and products and know what their values are and talk about how you live them.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at The Body Shop.

I was approached by a recruiter. Applied online, got two phone interviews one with a dm and one with hr. Then one with the DM in person. I thought that was it but then there was another one with another senior hr person. I got the job took five weeks and didn't negotiate they had a good plan. Found out after I got hired they dont do increases and left.

Interview Questions
    • Which of the values do you relate to? Why body shop, a lot were performance related. How you specifically achieve goals.   Answer Question
    Ask about the turnover because it's super high with this company, then go from there. They need people so they may give you more.

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Body Shop in August 2014.

Originally my interview was scheduled for a Saturday, later the manager called to reschedule twice. When I arrived for the interview it was a one-on-one format which I tend to prefer. The questions were general in the beginning (i.e. Tell me about yourself, Tell me about a time when you were put into a difficult position, etc.). Towards the end of the interview I felt that I was being lead into trick questions. We also discussed my previous experience working as an ASM and certain procedures I had implemented. April, the store manager, said she wanted the interview to seem like a conversation but to me it came off as if she was "schooling" me or trying to teach me a lesson in a condescending way. She even went as far as to say one of my ideas was "stupid". By that time I was extremely uncomfortable and questioned leaving right then and there. I ultimately stayed and was even offered the position but turned it down due to my experience in the interview.
    It was extremely disappointing to me and not only did they lose a potential manager but they also lost a loyal customer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were put into a difficult position in the store.   Answer Question

I felt uncomfortable in the interview and concluded that the position would be the same way.

Associate Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Body Shop.

I had an in-person interview with a store manager. Process requires 2 other interviews with different managers, which are completed over the phone. Still haven't had the phone interview because the other managers haven't called during the scheduled times.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Body Shop in July 2014.

Applied online to The Body Shop and got a call back from the district manager almost a month later (I actually forgot I even applied). She set up a phone interview a few days later, and it was super easy. I highly suggest researching the company and getting some background info on them before the interview. The questions were pretty basic - Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer? Describe a time you went out of your way to make a customer happy? Etc. I got a call back a few days later and was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you went out of your way to make a customer happy?   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate because I was currently making $8.50 and was offered $11/hr

Sales Associate Interview

After developing a friendly customer relationship, the store manager informed me that they seeking sales associates and encouraged me to apply. The application process was online and took about 30-45 minutes. Once the application went through, I received a phone call to come in for an interview about 2 weeks after I applied. The interview included basic questions.

Interview Questions
    • Pretend (sales associate) is a customer, and sell the body scrub to her.   Answer Question