The Body Shop

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Body Shop in October 2014.

Job listed on local mall website, application by drop in with CV. Didn't hear anything for a month then received a phone call scheduling an interview for a fortnight later. Interview lasted three hours including a shop floor test. Questions included:

Query about any favourite products from the company, or elsewhere and why
    What I could bring to the team, why would I want the job
    How do I keep up with trends in the beauty industry
    How have I handled difficult customers in the past
    How would I handle things if another employee was doing things incorrectly or against policy
    Past experience

Shop floor test - Given a set time frame and a target for that time, in this case, to sell a set number of each current offer within 45 minutes. Second task - restocking a shelving section accurately. Third task, to draw customers into the store by offering samples

Successful interview, heard back a day later than initially told - followed by induction and training

No warning about floor testing or length of interview, just asked to come in for a short interview, ended up lasting three hours

---

I'm sure branches vary, but I was hired with unnatural hair colour, however they prefer employees to have minimal piercings on show whilst working

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at The Body Shop in July 2014.

Applied online, recieved email for invitation to assessment centre. Assessment had many internal and extrernal candidates going for various management roles. The assessment day consisted of various group and individual activities and ending with a formal interview with one HR and one retail manager if Body Shop; subject to passing the first half of the day. (Some candidates were excused at lunchtime if they were not seen as suitable.
    I was contacted my regional manager a few days later and met for informal chat, where I was offered the job and told more about benefits and my new store info.
    Started with 2-3 of instore training at local stores until I felt comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Swot analysis of store   View Answer
    • In groups develop a business, business plan and plot.
      Including staffing, costs, outgoings,external concerns etc

Answer Question
    Not much as I was asking for the most they would give for the stores size and earnings.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Body Shop in November 2013.

Asked to attend interview via phone call,said need to prepare a SWOT analysis & mystery shop the store before i attended interview.
    Met with DSM & had structured interview questions lasted about an hour.
    Normal syle manager questions.

Then do a floor walk? Say what you see/change?
    Standards,service etc write answers on a instore SWOT analysis. ( Which you've already done so should be easy.)
    Whilst one person monitors you & writes down your performance score.

Got the job next day via phone call. Now i have go training for 2 weeks in 3 different stores 80 miles away & stay in hotel , before i get my keys to own store.

Interview Questions
    • +whats your management style like?
      +Are you hands on?
      +Name a time when you hit a target through sheer persistence?
      +give a example of a time you went above & beyond for work?
      +how do you deal with conflict instore?
      +Understanding of KPI's?
      +name a time when boosted a KPI? what was it? What was the outcome?

Answer Question
    They called next day with an offer & good salary expectation.