The Bollard Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Bollard Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – I met with four people throughout the afternoon. I showed up on time but the interview started 30 minutes late which led me to wait for 40 minutes. In addition I waited almost 20 minutes in between each short interview pushing my 4 person interview to almost 3 hours while I only talked to each of them for 20-30 minutes. Of the four people that I talked to, two of the them were introverted and very difficult to hold a conversation with on my part! The other people were nice and asked questions regarding my background and less technical questions about the position or my resume. I left the interview knowing it was not the right personality fit for myself and moved on.

Interview Question – Know everything that is on your resume. I was asked some detailed questions about my resume and to explain some of the terminology that I used.

Do you have any questions? (Asked right after he/she introduced themselves)
  Answer Question

Accounting Associate Interview

Accounting Associate

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at The Bollard Group.

Interview Details – Relatively straight forward; they don't try and hide the fact that they are running a sweat shop.

Interview Question – Ask a lot of Excel based questions which are relatively easy/not complex.   Answer Question

Accounting Specialist Interview

Accounting Specialist
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at The Bollard Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – There are two interviews. On the first they screen candidates and interviewers give their grades for candidates but I am not sure management takes into consideration others opinion. First two interviewers are most of the time future co-workers and the third interviewer is manager or partner. TBG uses agency for search needs and also they will be very aggressive with salary.

Interview Question – They may ask you some journal entries at the interview if they doubt you accounting skills.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Of course they will try to pay you less - do not take. They can not offering that could compensate small salary.

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Bollard Group in February 2012.

Interview Details – After submitting a cover letter by email, I received an email inviting me to schedule a first interview, which I did by email. When I got there, I was shown to a room where the first thing I did was fill out an application. Then I waited in the room. Four people came in individually to interview me one at a time. They asked mostly similar questions which were mostly questions about things on my resume. I thought the interview went pretty well but did not get asked back for a second interview.

Interview Question – Is there anything else you want to tell me about yourself? [There were not really any hard questions]   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Boston, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Bollard Group in July 2008.

Interview Details – I had the opportunity to meet all 3 people all in the administrative position. These were all one on one interviews for about 20-30 minutes in a small interview room with wallpaper that looked like book cases. Very weird...

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I worked with a recruiting company, and I feel like they could have given me a higher rate to go with.

Worked for The Bollard Group? Contribute to the Community!