The Boston Globe Product Manager Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Boston Globe (Boston, MA).

Interview

Fantastic interview process. I had a phone call (not interview, partially a screening but not too formal) with an HR manager before coming in for an in person interview which gave me an opportunity to ask about the basics (benefits, what to prepare for my in person interview). My in person interview consisted of two days: first I met with my hiring manager and several senior managers with whom I would be working closely; I came back the next day to meet with another individual who wasn't available to meet during my first visit. Everyone was really candid about their experiences at the company and I also received a quick tour (make sure you get to see the Globe Lab!). Overall it was a very relaxed, positive experience.

Interview Questions

• If you had to replace all the hubcaps on the taxis in Boston, how would you go about it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations are easy if you prepare the hiring manager during your interview. Being clear and upfront about your expectations (salary, benefits, etc.) ensures that you won't be stuck with much back and forth during the process.