The Bozzuto Group

Updated Aug 5, 2014

2.5

Sales and Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Bozzuto Group.

You can apply online. I first had a phone interview with a recruiter. She then set up an interview in person on one of the properties with both the property manager and the regional manager. I only had 2 interviews, but I've heard of people having more if necessary.

Interview Questions
    Not much room for negotiation.

Concierge Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at The Bozzuto Group in July 2014.

The entire process from application to start date was almost four weeks. Everything moved at a steady pace. I applied online, then I was sent an email for a video (via smartphone/webcam) interview. Then I did a phone interview and a face to face. Everything will go only as fast as you get done what's being requested of you.

Interview Questions
    • The video interview had timed questions and once you finished it was automatically sent to HR. No chance to re-do.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Bozzuto Group in May 2014.

I applied online through their website & immediate got redirected to a 3rd party questionnaire site. I was asked to fill out two forms relating to my personality and general intelligence, which was very easy. The next morning I awoke to an email asking to take part in a Video Interview through and app called HireVue. Very easy and straightforward. Literally 20 min after sending it, I answered a call from the recruiter with some followup questions. That went well and I booked a time to interview in person with two managers. Their questions were good and specific relating to experience and how I would handle situations. I left feeling good overall & have not heard back yet. I send a followup email to the recruiter today and am hopeful for an answer in a few days or so.

Interview Questions
    • Given a situation, how would you handle it and how would you rank importance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wheaton, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheaton, MD

I applied online - interviewed at The Bozzuto Group in April 2014.

In my honest opinion, this is a seriously entry level position and not one that you could easily sustain your life on if you are independent. Beware, the recruiter will not accurately paint the picture of salary and bonus potential. My experience led me through a video interview and two in person interviews only to realize in the end that it was time consuming for nothing other than interview experience.

The recruiter told me in our first conversation my salary would be mid 30's and a commission potential between 5-10K. Only in my third interview did the portfolio manager give an exact number which was a base of 34 with potential commission between 2-4K realistically. Many companies will negotiate a base if they really want you for your talent. I came to the company with multiple years of experience and they seemed extremely interested in hiring me. I explained I could not make less than 40K and they refused to budge on the base 2-3K to make it possible. If you are going into this process thinking they will work with you if you have the right skills to offer, you are wrong.

After turning the property down their recruiter contacted me immediately about two other positions with them that offered a higher base. She explained that she didn't want to lose me as a candidate. I responded back with questions regarding the other opportunities as I was interested. To date she has never responded or contacted me. I have since gotten a great job, thankfully, but my experience with Bozzuto was unfortunate.

Interview Questions
    • You are giving a tour to a prospective tenant. A current resident approaches you and starts complaining about an issue in their apartment that has been broken for a long time and nobody will come to take care of the issue. The tenant is voicing frustration and is angry in front of the prospect. How do you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Bozzuto Group.

Just applied a couple of days ago the got a phone interview with no warning or scheduling beforehand. The interviewer was very brusque, rude, and even asked me "how much do you make right now?" She was seemed like she was in such a hurry to get off the phone when SHE was the one who unexpectedly called me!! I thought this job sounded really cool but that just totally turned me off to the whole idea.

Assistant Property Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Bozzuto Group in March 2014.

I applied online through the Bozzuto website. After applying online, the recruiter called me to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, I interviewed with a Property Manager at the corporate office for a lease up scheduled to open in Spring 2014. The manager was very pleasant and explained there were a few other candidates and that I would be hearing from the recruiter shortly. The recruiter called me a week later to tell me that they were very interested and wanted to know if I would consider another site. I interviewed with the Property Manager that upcoming monday and by the end of the interview the recruiter called me a again to set up my last interview with the Regional Manager.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating was available.

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Bozzuto Group.

It was easy to search online for the position and to fill out the application and add attachments. Once this was in place, you can see the status of your application and keep an eye on it's progress. This is assuming that it's being updated. If selected you'll be called by their recruiter, and after a phone interview, you may be selected for an in person interview. Personally I felt I knocked the in person out of the park, but several weeks went by without a peep and it led me to assume that I had not, in fact, done as well as I thought I had. To date I have not received any type of communication that I had not secured the position.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were pretty standard. It's always good to carry hard numbers with you if you're in the same field already and looking to change companies.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at The Bozzuto Group.

The interviews were not too bad. I had 2 in person interviews, and I guess you can say I also had an initial phone interview. Process lasted 2/3 days total. The interviews were not weird for me. Each person asked me about my experience, how I felt I was qualified, where I saw myself in 5 years. You know, the usual. I believe that they prefer people with a Bachelors, even though I never saw that as a requirement, once I got the job I heard it mentioned somewhere. The toughest part was having to give a tour at random of the property knowing that you've never seen it. Other than that, every thing was good. I got the job and started a week later. They are pretty fast with the paper work process.

Interview Questions
    • I had to give a random tour to the Regional Manager of the property for my last interview. It was not difficult, but very unexpected. Just a little weird having to open the door of the room and start making up stuff as you discover it. But other than that every thing was fine.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate really. They start by telling you this is what you will make automatically, and when I got offered it they offered me an extra $1500 and that seemed fine to me.

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Bozzuto Group in February 2014.

They emailed me to set up a phone interview. The recruiter was INCREDIBLY rude and condescending. I would not want to work for this company!

Interview Questions
    • None, all basic questions. Describe a circumstance where you have gone out of your way to provide service that was above and beyond.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Nice smooth meeting. Felt comfortable

Interview Questions

Worked for The Bozzuto Group? Contribute to the Community!