The Bradford Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.3

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Bradford Group.

Interview

Applied online. Interviewed with an HR rep over the phone. Asked standard background questions. Brought into HQ for in person interview. Met with three different managers. Took a logic test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They did not budge on negotiations.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Bradford Group (Niles, IL).

Interview

They will send you a Wonderlic evaluation to fill out online before the interview. Once you come in for the interview, they give you a 20-minute test with 50 short word association problems to test aptitude.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very typical and centered on your past experience. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Bradford Group (Niles, IL).

Interview

Phone interview led to in person interview. Did not get back to me right away, I had to contact them and they informed me they were not having and intern anymore

Marketing Analyst Interview

Interview

Number of interviews that went smoothly. Initially I had a phone conference. This was followed up with a personal interview with a panel of managers and upper level employees. After several weeks, I was contacted and asked for another round of interviews.

E-commerce Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Bradford Group (Niles, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

After an initial phone interview, I was invited for a "final" in-person interview, which consisted of 3 one-on-one sessions. They consisted primarily of behavioral questions and talking about my previous experiences and interest in e-commerce marketing. After the interviews, I was told by the HR coordinator that after conferring with the interviewers, I will be in the final two candidates being considered, and they will get back to me with a decision within two weeks. About two weeks later, I was informed that neither myself nor the other candidate will be receiving an offer at the moment, but instead additional candidates will be brought in for interviewing, and it will likely take over a month for a decision to be reached. I received an invitation for another "final" interview about a month later, which consisted of one-on-one interviews with 2 of the people I had previously interviewed with. These interviews briefly reiterated the conversations of the first ones, and then for the most part consisted of casual conversation getting to know each other as people. I left feeling very positive and that the company was very interested in hiring me, only to find out I did not receive an offer two days later.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Bradford Group (Niles, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview Details – Once you apply make sure you contact the hiring manager via email or LinkedIn as this will get you into the door faster. 1 - Phone Interview from HR a. After phone interview, they will email you a few days after to tell you if your got an in person interview. b. Need to take an Assessment Test called Wonderlic and it will be 100 questions about your behavior. 2 - In person interviews with 2 people at different times a. Took another Assessment Test called Wonderlic and this is a 50 question test with 15 minutes to complete. It's like an ACT test, grades you on math, english, and problem solving. They say this does not affect your score but it does. Problem 1 "This is a work environment and we are not in high school where test matter." b. Tour of the building and noticed a few posters with history facts wrong on them. = Problem 2 c. Interview with your Hiring Manager d. Interview with the Director of the department (Hiring Manager Boss)

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a little about yourself? Do you have any goals? What drives your goals? Give me an example of how you overcame an obstacle? Name 3 words that describe yourself and why? What would your co-workers say about yourself? Why should I hire your vs. another candidate? Give me an example of a time when you used product development?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Bradford Group.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview. The interview was one hour long. The questions were primarily about what experiences you had and about your future career goals. They asked you what specifically interested you about the company. Then they bring you in to their office for another interview.

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Bradford Group (Niles, IL).

Interview

I submitted a resume through someone who currently worked there and was able to draft a cover letter directly to the hiring manager. When I arrived to the office I first met an HR representative who interviewed me briefly about salary requirements. She passed me on to the hiring manager. I gave a portfolio presentation answered basic interview questions and asked my own questions. The hiring manager discussed the marketing process at great length. On my second interview, I met with a copywriter on the team and took a copy test.

Interview Questions

• I did not find the questions to be particularly difficult. They do have writers do a copy test on the second interview. This was probably the most difficult part of the interview process. I sat in a freelance cubicle and wrote a letter and brochure.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations took place with HR over the phone. I was very inexperienced, so I accepted the offer gladly.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Bradford Group (Niles, IL).

Interview

Benign. Multiple interviews with multiple people, none difficult or stressful (which in itself is deceptive and didn't match the job reality).

Interview Questions

• None; but the job morphed and the requirements/description didn't match the real job. Main interviewer was clueless about what he really needed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Bradford Group (Niles, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview Process was very easy and pretty relaxing. I was interviewed by two QA people. They didn't ask anything unexpected. I remember they asked me about my last project, why I want to work for them, what I like about working as a QA, what plans I have, my career goals.