The Brattle Group Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Brattle Group

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Brattle Group.

Interview

On-campus interview with members of HR team. About 45 min-mostly behavoiral. Then all-day interview at the office you're interviewing for with RAs, Associates, and a Principal. A guided case interview with an Associate lasted about an hour. They did a good job of not making you nervous.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a quantitative project you worked on? How did you validate assumptions and/or data?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Brattle Group

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

First-round interview was via conference call and seemed fairly routine. They asked usual questions about why interested in the Brattle Group, previous research experience, behavioral work questions, etc. Interviewer seemed to be going off a list of questions, and the interview did not seem specifically tailored to what I had on my resume. Had to repeat some of my experiences for this reason. Interview lasted about twenty minutes in total.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain to me a time when you had to fix something in your research?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Brattle Group.

Interview

First round was on campus - standard behavioral questions. Next round on site - more questions about quantitative research experience, plus a case interview. Overall, the interview process was pretty standard. Nothing super surprising or unexpected.

Interview Questions

• What are the best and worst work environments you've been in? Why?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Brattle Group.

Interview

I connected on LinkedIn and had a phone call with one director and got the referral from him. Then after 2 weeks, I got an interview email and arrange a Skype interview next week. The interview process is normal and not really hard. Basically just asking several behavior questions and go through my resume.

Interview Questions

• What's your most quantitative experience? Why you choose your current school? Based on what? Research Skills? Leadership skills?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Washington, DC).

Interview

phone interview and then 2nd round in-office, DC. 6 interviews total for the day, 3 with younger people at the firm (including lunch with 2 RAs) and 2 with more senior people. The younger interviewers were extremely nice and personable but the old dudes were 1. pushing hard and being pretty rude, including interrupting me in the middle of answers and 2. uninterested. They scrutinize your transcript during interviews, which is something I feel like could have been done earlier, since we have to submit transcripts with our initial resume

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions on undergraduate research (know the methodology/interpretation of results REALLY well), Case isn't something you can prepare for   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone Interview. Questions mostly are based on straightforward questions regarding your background, previous research experiences. There are questions about teamwork, why I wanted to do consulting, why applied for company.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

First Round Interview. Questions mostly are based on straightforward questions regarding your previous research project or work experiences. Also, there are questions about teamwork, both great teamwork and conflict situation.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate yourself if you work on a project that you are not interested in?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

First round on-campus interview. I applied on the website but networked with a principal - probably this helped me to get the interview opportunity. The interview was not pleasant. The interviewers are pushing really hard.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Brattle Group in October 2014.

Interview

On campus interview, typical interview questions, why Brattle, why economic consulting. you project experience and how you apply your quantitative skills. No difficult questions and no technical questions. Just show your passion for this position. Do research about economic consulting industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

Process took one month. First was an on-campus interview with an HR person and a research analyst. Standard behavioral questions aside, they asked in details about your research paper and how you deal with data. Second round happened around 2 weeks after. 6 interviews in total, including case interview and lunch with RAs. Lots of questions related to research paper and past internship experience, even at lunch interview. Heard back from them 2 weeks after.